“Very disappointed!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Having read all the positive reviews here on Tripadvisor and being ranked as number 10 we though that we'd give it a go since "Stella Di Mare" (which is great) did not have availability for the dates we wanted. That was the biggest mistake.

First of all, this is not a 5* hotel. It is not a 4* hotel either. In fact, it is comparable to a 2-3 star hotel in the Mediterranean. Having stayed at other 5* hotels in Sharm and Aqaba before this I can say that this hotel is quite frankly very, very inferior.

--- The room ---
The room, with a very remote sea view, was actually not bad. The room was spacious enough, it was clean, the bed was comfortable and the much needed air con worked fine. I would also give it a plus point for the big screen television (with a USB port) which was great for watching movies!

--- The restaurants ---
The all-inclusive food was quite frankly terrible. The only exception was the breakfast which was average, nothing special but not bad either. Lunches and dinners were very bland and tasteless. Also, I do like to eat high protein food and there were not many meats served at all. The top floor restaurant "L'Oriental" does serve grilled meats but it is only all-inclusive the first evening of the stay after which it is charged additionally. If I compare the food with another all-inclusive in Sharks Bay (big chain) which was cheaper at the time of booking... it is out-classed. We did thankfully only stay for two

--- The "beach" and pools ---
The biggest disappointment has to be the "beach". It is a man made carved opening into the sea. This is in itself not a problem. The problem is that there are stairs onto the reef or rocks or whatever that is. But, it is completely DEAD with people walking all over it. We were looking forward to doing some snorkelling but there is absolutely nothing to see. I have stayed at four other hotels with either beaches or jettys in the area so I know how beautiful it can be. So, if you like snorkelling... STAY AWAY!
The pools were O.K., but the Jacuzzis barely had bubbles so it was hard to tell whether they actually were Jacuzzis.

Also worth mentioning:
* The gym is tiny, but it is cool and clean. It has one elliptical and one treadmill
* Location is not great since it is neither in Sharks bay nor Naama bay, which means the only way of moving around is Taxi.
* By the main building music is played incredibly loud in the evenings and we couldn't help but feeling bad for the guests who had their rooms adjacent to it.

The best part of this stay was that it was only for two days... I can't imagine the disappointment if this was a longer stay!

Room Tip: Far from the main building... or ideally elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank avazig
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our offered services and hotel facilities, but we feel really sorry, that our hotel regrettably did not live up to your expectation and we do apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.
Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated but we are really disappointed this why all your comments have been reviewed by the hotel’s management.
Once again, we would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,128)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed for a week at the beginning of this month with a friend, both travelling from England. My friend planned to relax for the week by the pool and I had made plans to go diving for the majority of the week.

On arriving the layout was very different to how I imagined. The reception is large with lots of seating and adjoining bar and shopping area. The reception staff were very polite and efficient and we were taken direct to our room on a mini bus. The layout of the hotel is long and narrow, with a number of blocks leading down to the main pool and sea. There are small garden areas and small pools between the blocks.

The rooms are big and the bed was comfortable with working, quite air conditioning. The TV was very big but only a couple of English speaking channels. The towel artwork left in your room is amazing, look out for the monkey!

There is no beach at the hotel, but they do provide a shuttle bus to a beach nearby, but you have to order a packed lunch to take with you as you are unable to get food down there.

There is a no reserving sun bed policy at the hotel, which everyone ignores by the way, which I found very frustrating.

When relaxing around the pool you will get approached by staff trying to sell watersports, diving and beauty treatments .... They are generally polite but something to be aware of.

As you walk down the slope towards the rear of the hotel the sea end, there are a number of drain covers which are loose and dangerous and I tripped up one on way to dinner one evening.

The main restaurant at this hotel s buffet style with a different theme every night. I have to say the food was amazing, the selection was vast, very fresh and very tasty .... The deserts were amazing ...... The restaurant staff were extremely helpful and kept the drinks flowing throughout all meals.

No illnesses throughout my stay which was the main thing I was worried bout.

Overall great holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room in between the two main restaurant blocks, I stayed in block 14 where the spa w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Laurie A
We would like to send you our sincere appreciation for your feedback upon your recent visit at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for your kind support.
Thank you for your positive and negative comments and please note that we will do our best to avoid any negative comments as our guests' satisfaction is our main goal.
It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another fantastic time at our resort and all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have recently returned from a week long stay at Kirosiez Seabreeze Experience and would wholly recommend booking this hotel. We went for an all inclusive full board package, Id reccomend this the breakfast is great although we often missed lunch poolside snack were good and dinner which is served until 10:30 was always fresh and varied.

We were in room 1056 which is in the first building after the lobby/reception facing the first big pool. All staff were great but hats off to the pool staff especially working non-stop in the heat all day long providing drinks/ice cream/cold towels throughout. The hotel gradually goes downhill towards the coast i enjoyed walking up and down but for people who may have difficulties there is a regular minibus running back and forth. The hotel also provides a free shuttle to naama bay at around 6 & 8 in the evening with pick up a few hours later. Soho Square is even closer and is a lovely hotspot for restaurants/live entertainment/shopping, expensive but not trashy like naama bay. A hotel taxi to soho sq was around £5-6 roughly the same to go to old market. Some people have complained about the sales people (watersports/spa/eccursions etc) but i quite like the info to come to me while i sunbathe than shop around the hotel, they are not pushy either so if your not interested they wont hassle, if you are still concerned you can always take a 'do not disturb' sign when picking up a beach towel.

Spa treatments were fantastic and great value, All 3 of us went for a Cleopatra package 2 hrs of scrubbing steaming massage and facial for £60.

The rooms are pretty standard and could probably do with a little cosmetic work in the bathroom if id have to niggle. Also didnt really feel a need to upgrade to seaview, being on the second floor we had a nice view of the sea either side of the building opposite as well as being really close to the facilities.

Housekeeping were wonderful with cute towel animals or flowers left on the bed. They will come back at a convenient time if it doesnt suit you. We really miss the hotel and staff and would definately book again.
Malak/reception, Mohamad and all waiting staff in the restautant. Amira,Alaa,Yasmin,Wafa/Spa Yassin,Alfa,Craig David lol and Heba/Sales. Shaban our Housekeeper always
had a smile on his face lovely guy!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for great comments and for choosing Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, we will be delighted to accommodate you all over again.
Your praising to the staff you mentioned is very much appreciated and will be passed into them as I am sure they will appreciated in return , and glad that you enjoyed our food served and it has gained your satisfaction.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon in our resort.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I travelled as a solo single female for 9 nights at sea breeze. The first week of my stay was very good, i emailed the hotel and asked for a high floor sunny quiet room, which is what i got, and it was lovely, clean, and i had a very good housekeeper Mr Boles, who was very polite and kept my room nice! Pool boy Samwil was excellent, and very cheerful, looked after me well,( Congratulations on your wedding) Food was good, and waiting staff were excellent, especially Mahmoud,Alaa, Mohamed. Restaurant manager Mohamed also thankyou for looking after me.
All was good, until i invited a long term egyptian friend to visit me in the hotel for a couple of days at the end of my holiday. When i enquired at the reception if it was possible for my guest to stay for the day all inclusive, (meaning sitting at he pool and having meals with me) it was agreed and the price was £55 for the day! But when i told them that my guest was egyptian, there seem to be a awkward silence, and some disapproving facial expressions?? From that moment on, i was treated differently, and found it very hard to approach the front reception desk, without feeling uncomfortable. One particular member of reception called Malak, really offended both me and my egyptian friend by taking him to one side and telling him not to enter my room, and not to tell me?? I felt that both i and my friend were very discreet, and did not cause troubles or offend anyone, in fact we met many friends round the pool, many who did not understand the petty nonsence and constant reminders about not entering my room, every time we passed reception? I told Michelle guest relations about my unhappy situation and she arranged a chat with the front office manager, who i felt patronised me and read the policy and regulations act to me? Later that day when checking out, we got some attitude from another member of reception, who told my friend when he went to pay my late checkout, that i was the guest not him? So i left the hotel wishing that i had not invited my friend, as i was humiliated and felt very embarrased. The last 2 days were like living in the big brother house, and i felt we were being watched, i am sure that had my friend been non egyptian, things would have been ok? Yes we accept the laws on unmarried couples, but we really did no harm. Thankyou to Michelle for listening, apart from this, the hotel itself was lovely, but i wont be returning!

Room Tip: Middle of the hotel, block 14
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Fairyface45
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
We would like to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.
For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us but please accept our sincere apologies as we can’t meet all your expectations as we have a policy and regulations in the hotel for the mentioned situation for our guests safety as explained to you by our F.O. manager.
Once again, I would like to thank you for your time and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again.
Arbon, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Hotel gives already a good impression when you enter. It is very clean, the staff is friendly and helps you with every wish. A good example for this is the Shuttle Bus driver Mr. Anwer who drives the guests of the Hotel to the Golden Sang Beach or to the Shoppingmall Naama Bay. Mr. Boles who takes care of the Roomservice in House 14 (Second Floor), is very loyal and faithful and does his work always with a smile.

The Food was excellent, rich and varied. The hygiene and cleanness in the Kitchen are very good and European Standard. We can tell since we have had a Visit with Mir. Abo Zeid, also a very lovely Man who does a good Job!

A big Thank goes also to the Animation Team and DJ Walid - the know how to entertain!

The only thing we did not like was the access to the Sea. You can go only by a rack into the wather and there it's alredy a few meters deep. If you are not a snorkeler or good swimmer, you won't like it. But for this reason, you have had the Shuttel Service (for free) to The Sandy Beach with the access to the all Inklusive Service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ruedi S
Thank you indeed for your fantastic feedback about your recent stay at our resort and it’s really nice for us, that you had a funny, relaxing holiday at our property and we are awaiting you soon back again.
Kindly accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed w/c 29th April with my wife and thought that the hotel was excellent.Read all the scaremongering about Russians/Sunbeds/Food/Drink quality/No beach/Tipping/All inclusive/Too crowded etc and found in my week that none of this was the case. Not everyone wants the same thing out of a holiday so here is my experience of a typical day.
Up at 9 and breakfast at 9.30 in the Shisha Lounge-Outside eating , same table every morning, freshly cooked food, great flatbreads and fresh hummus, coffee re-filled 3/4 times without asking superb start to the day
Went to Pool 3 at 10.30 got a comfy padded sunbed every day at this time No towel nonsense necessary-Abbas brings me water then cokes then from noon a beer every 30 mins without me having to ask or get up once-what a service thank you Abbas what a star you are
3pm go for Lunch -great options the main restaurant / Elements bar by the pool with good choice of snacks or just go to the Bar-B-Q by the beach-something for everyone
4pm heat has gone out of the sun so chill time on the balcony with sea view-perfect
7pm -off to Your Bar in reception for pre dinner drinks-The Red and White wine was perfectly drinkable and in fact the Red I would say was very good-service was quick and courteous-They would always bring to my table refills if they were not too busy at the bar
9pm Dinnner in the buffet Tiran some nights -quick service -good variety of food -no queues
Bar-B-Q night in the Shisha Lounge was superb with great Shish and Lamb Kebabs chicken and breads-
Romantic meal on the Jetty was fabulous-for £65 for 2 was unbelievable value, 5 courses and a bottle of sparkling wine, amuse bouche-prawn cocktail-saffron soup-king prawn,lobster, sea bass, calamari all cooked to perfection with Rays and Lionfish swimming around you
Post meal to Zen Bar to chill out and carry on the wine until midnight-thanks Wael
Room was good-clean and bed was a super king
Guys in the handbag and jewellery shops were excellent
Michelle was superb
Great hotel-staff are superb -management are visible and pro-active-they did everything for us without wanting a tip and as a result on the last day they received the tips that their service deserved
First time I have been All Inclusive anywhere and first time to Egypt and was very wary of what it would be like but for me the best thing about the hotel was that the service food and restaurants were such that it did not look nor feel like the all inclusive resort that I had imagined

Cannot wait to go back to the Sea Breeze it was brilliant

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank David_B187045
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our standard of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.
Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have just returned from a week at this hotel with my mum. Girls week away for relaxation, so I hope this helps anyone looking to stay here.

Positives there are a lot!
Hotel - new , extremely clean, cleanest rooms, communal areas , lobby and restaurant I have seen. Fresh decor and modern. The rooms are well laid out and are staggered down towards the beach with a pool area between each block. Noise is virtually non existent at night in your room and very peaceful.

Rooms - super. Not 5 star but a Defo 4 + . The air con is really quiet and the rooms and balcony are so well shaded nights are comfortable even without air on. Beds superb comfort.

Restaurants / food - great choice , fresh, great service. Choose your seat carefully and don't sit in the part where the Buffett is .. Unless you like to feel your in a school canteen , there is another area to sit in the main restaurant and you walk through for food, much more civilised! The barbecue upstairs is great , and also does breakfast service in open air again , nicer experience and quiter. Poolside lunch snack available at the main pools and beach.

Health/ spa - gym and treatments , I used the gym which is well equipped , and my mum used the spa for facials which she enjoyed.

Pools - fab, different sizes , you are constantly brought drinks, melons, ice cream and whatever you like without asking, it just comes, great personal touch. Lots of loungers, umbrellas, etc

Sales staff - on the first day you get them all approaching you but it is by no means a bother and they are happy for you to decline, facials, massage, diving, all available

Negatives

No free wifi in public areas , sorry this is the only negative!!! Haha , you can buy cards but I had read it was free , this was the only negative.

This hol is great for a week relaxing, peaceful chill out, I'm not a fan of the entertainment shows as its not my bag in a hotel but that's not to say its not any good. I've travelled all over the world and all inclusives are not my thing as I like to get out, sample culture and different foods, experiences, but for the intention of this trip this hotel and hotel were great, and the staff here make it. Nice, friendly and a little flirty without being over the top . This hotel isn't for a group of singles or partying but superb for couples, families etc that are happy to use good facilities in the hotel .great value, great staff , great week relaxing and unwinding

Room Tip: Try to get in the middle of the complex block 1200 and down
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HSimi
By this opportunity we would like to pass you our utmost appreciation and thankfulness for taking the time to publish your fabulous review regarding your recent vacation at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and that you found it as good as ever.
Our special thanks to you for your lovely, praising words for our team members for their special caring of our customers, which made your stay with us memorable holiday as ever.