Having read all the positive reviews here on Tripadvisor and being ranked as number 10 we though that we'd give it a go since "Stella Di Mare" (which is great) did not have availability for the dates we wanted. That was the biggest mistake.
First of all, this is not a 5* hotel. It is not a 4* hotel either. In fact, it is comparable to a 2-3 star hotel in the Mediterranean. Having stayed at other 5* hotels in Sharm and Aqaba before this I can say that this hotel is quite frankly very, very inferior.
--- The room ---
The room, with a very remote sea view, was actually not bad. The room was spacious enough, it was clean, the bed was comfortable and the much needed air con worked fine. I would also give it a plus point for the big screen television (with a USB port) which was great for watching movies!
--- The restaurants ---
The all-inclusive food was quite frankly terrible. The only exception was the breakfast which was average, nothing special but not bad either. Lunches and dinners were very bland and tasteless. Also, I do like to eat high protein food and there were not many meats served at all. The top floor restaurant "L'Oriental" does serve grilled meats but it is only all-inclusive the first evening of the stay after which it is charged additionally. If I compare the food with another all-inclusive in Sharks Bay (big chain) which was cheaper at the time of booking... it is out-classed. We did thankfully only stay for two
--- The "beach" and pools ---
The biggest disappointment has to be the "beach". It is a man made carved opening into the sea. This is in itself not a problem. The problem is that there are stairs onto the reef or rocks or whatever that is. But, it is completely DEAD with people walking all over it. We were looking forward to doing some snorkelling but there is absolutely nothing to see. I have stayed at four other hotels with either beaches or jettys in the area so I know how beautiful it can be. So, if you like snorkelling... STAY AWAY!
The pools were O.K., but the Jacuzzis barely had bubbles so it was hard to tell whether they actually were Jacuzzis.
Also worth mentioning:
* The gym is tiny, but it is cool and clean. It has one elliptical and one treadmill
* Location is not great since it is neither in Sharks bay nor Naama bay, which means the only way of moving around is Taxi.
* By the main building music is played incredibly loud in the evenings and we couldn't help but feeling bad for the guests who had their rooms adjacent to it.
The best part of this stay was that it was only for two days... I can't imagine the disappointment if this was a longer stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Xperience Sea Breeze Resort is situated on Shark’s Bay, a prime spot in Sharm El Sheikh. This spectacular beach front resort uniquely boasts its own private marina & offers magnificent sea views with a variety of aqua sports, scuba diving & snorkeling. The 304 luxurious guest rooms & suites are elegantly furnished to provide every facility to indulge the discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Xperience Sea Breeze Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xperience Sea Breeze Hotel Sharm El Sheikh