“Find another tour company”
Review of MTS Egypt Tours

Ranked #162 of 258 Tours in Sharm El Sheikh
Edinburgh
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Find another tour company”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Having booked through the internet, it turned out that MTS were our local reps. Sadly. Our rep Ahmed did not seem to regard punctuality and turning up at all as important, (although collecting payment did seem a priority) Booked a couple of trips with them. Luxor and a stargazing night. Were promised a free quad biking trip and a city tour but somehow these never materialised. While some aspects of the trips were excellent, beware that although promises of no shopping expeditions are made, you do end up in the usual commission led visits to papyrus and other local craft shops. You might also be dumped for a couple of hours by your guide in the lobby of a hotel to wait for your return transport. Its fun to watch him run away as he tells you that if the hotel insists that you buy refreshments, just to tell them that this is not in fact required. Not so much fun to sit being watched by staff curious to know why a group of non residents has suddenly taken over their reception area. Don't be surprised if you also find yourself hanging around in the middle of a pitch black desert while the tour reps squeeze in an hour or so of captive commission based sales by the Poor Bedouin (smart phones in their pockets and the latest trainers) to then get a short tour of the skies before being left to fend for yourselves again in the pitch black. We went on this trip because we wanted to experience the stars, but that probably took up maybe half an hour at most in what was at least a six hour trip.
We are well travelled and have been a many rep led tours as well as many we have arranged ourselves. This was by far the worst tour company we have experienced and in the future would look for another highly rated company or indeed would do it ourselves.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank leithman2008

Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“MTS Sharm El Sheikh Egypt”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Am just back from Sharm and while I was there booked a trip with MTS through my rep Ahmed from Sharm to Petra, had to leave at 2:30AM and didn't get back till 1:30AM the next day due to being stuck on the ferry in bad weather, now you would think the tour guide would have phoned ahead to all the hotels (I was the only one from my hotel but there were a lot of people from various hotels around sharm) or to the MTS rep to say guests had been held up and could they have some food ready but no nothing was done and I/we were just left to fend for ourselves on what was actually a rather scary situation on the ferry, which took nearly 3 hours to try and dock in bad weather.
....Also the Jordanian guide was absolutely awful, when I got off the ferry at Jordon I was left to hang around (without my passport, which they take off you when you get off the ferry) for well over an hour in the scorching heat with no explanation of what was happening....very scary to say the least, especially if you are a women on your own, when he finally turned up he handed out our passports and herded us (the English speaking travellers) on a bus, the whole trip was rushed and felt as if he really couldn’t be bothered – I still have no idea why Petra was built and by who, will have to do my own research.
Considering I paid £200 for this trip I am appalled and will definitely NEVER use them again.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank MK13_11
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent MTS Rep Tarek”
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Stayed @ Royal Albatros and met Tarek (MTS rep) at the hotel. He went out of his way to ensure that our visit was a great success. We noted how he took great care of his guests at all times. We would like to thank him and MTS for their excellent service and professionalism.

Visited March 2011