“Try elsewhere! Not worth hassle!!”

Emperor Divers Sharm El Sheikh
More attraction details
Owner description: Just a five or 10 minute transfer to one of the jetties with over 15 local dive sites and many more in Ras Mohamed and Tiran, Emperor Divers Sharm is located at the Bay View Hotel. Some of the main attractions are the special trips that can be booked and paid for in resort such as overland trips to Dahab and wreck trips to the Thistlegorm and Dunraven as well as night dives. Whether you are daily diving, learning to dive or taking your diving qualification a step further, you're always in the experienced hands of our welcoming team of dive instructors and guides. We offer free try dives in our heated pool so you can 'try before you buy'. Emperor also has dive centres in El Gouna, Hurghada and Marsa Alam.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Try elsewhere! Not worth hassle!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I find them very commercial dive centre from first email I sent them till we finish with them which was very disappointing! I am not sure why but they always tend to send very long emails even for very simple question which makes you find most of the emails unnecessary than helpful.
For some reason you are forced to pay before you arrive which would save you around 10% only, which made me very uncomfortable with as I could simply pay Cash and not using my credit card for Online payments!! And if you decide to do more dives you wont get your discount. it is just very complicated thing for very simple diving!!

Not to mention once we booked they did not mentioned what time we have to be there and despite I tried to call their number on their email with no answer we went to dive centre which I ended up with sort of argument with the guide rather than a Welcome!! (this was simply my first discussion on all my dive trips!!) Simply disappointing again!

They have nice dive boat same as others.
I had my own gear but my wife tried their rental (a bit expensive though) they were ok and in good condition, I must admit.

Being a PADI Divemaster and helping a dive centre as guide, they seriously need to review their briefing about hazards! We all understand that Marine life reaction is defensive not offensive as such no need to tell silly story that you wont even make it to the boat, etc! This is simply discouraging divers and stress then specially if it is their first time diving in Red sea.

In additions to this I was shocked one of their guides let two divers do their 3rd dive without a guide only because water was too cold! Anything could happen to them underwater, as they did not dive that site before!! Simply unprofessional!

Their radio for guide is one guide for at least 8-9 divers!!

Anyway, I definitely wont try them again, and if I could get my money back I would not do more than 2 dives with them.

1 Thank HesamSaroukhani
TMSEgypt, Manager at Emperor Divers Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Hesam,
Thank you for taking the time to review our operation. We do appreciate customer feedback, good or not so good as this helps us to improve and continue to give good service to our guests.
We are really sorry that you found the booking process a hassle, however, the aim of our reservations team throughout is to provide you with as much information as possible. Looking through the correspondence, you requested several different options which we tried to respond to as fully as possible and had thought were well received.
The main reason for booking in advance is to make a saving but more importantly to ensure your place is reserved on the boats. We have found in the past that, if we just hold space on the boats often people do not turn up, thus, leaving other guests disappointed. We welcome your feedback about the length of our emails and will review the volume of information we provide. It's a balance, some people want lots of information and others very little.
We have checked our records regarding transfers and we sent you the pick-up information in a separate e-mail. The telephone number that we provided is correct and was manned that day so we apologise that you did not get an answer when you called.
We are concerned you felt your guide was not welcoming and will discuss this with him directly. Our guides are very experienced and have worked for Emperor Divers and other dive centres for many years.. We feel it is fair to say that when they are guiding they have to brief in such a way that the most inexperienced person is aware of the hazards. The majority of the feedback we get is that our guides are top notch. However, I will, of course, discuss this with your particular guide to ensure a balance is struck.
We am not sure why you feel it is unprofessional to allow two qualified divers to dive as a buddy pair unguided.  In some cases our returning guests know the sites as well as our guides. In this particular case the guests who wished to be unguided on their 3rd dive, one is a very experienced Instructor and another a local resident, both have dived with Emperor Divers for many years and have dived these sites regularly. The ratio we adhere to is the standard recommended for all dive operators in the Red Sea, however, we know from experience that our ratios are often well below that of other dive centres in the area.
We are pleased you found our rental equipment to be of good quality, however, would comment that our rental fee is the same as the majority of the dive centres in Sharm El Sheikh.
We hope that our comments have helped to clarify the situation as to how dive centres operate here and hope that you found the actual dives to be rewarding.  Thank you for your specific comments about our operation thus affording us the opportunity to review our procedures.'

Tammi Stoneham

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“simply the best”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

another fantastic dive holiday with emperor divers.my family and i have been diving with emperor for years and years and consider a number of staff as friends.they are very, very proffesional, yet still manage to make your experience a memorable one.the center is very well run from hotel pick ups to organising the boats and making sure guests get the most from their own level of dive experience.the boats are rarely overcrowded and immaculately presented.guides are informative and friendly with the right blend of safety and service. special thanks must go to scott , tammy and ellise for making our trip so memorable,,we will return..

Visited April 2013
TMSEgypt, Manager at Emperor Divers Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello Braddy44.
Thank you for your review and it is good to hear you had another fantastic dive holiday with us. As always it was a pleasure to have you and all the family diving with us...as far as we are concerned you are a part of the Emperor family. We very much look forward to diving with you all again next year.
Tammi & the Sharm Team.
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top Company, Top Guides & Top Diving”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Year on year Emperor Divers in Sharm give us a fantastic time. Very professional outfit with excellent guides such as Pete Walsh - who never ceases to please. We are already planning our trip for next year and yet again, we will be diving with Emperor Divers. :-)

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Chris_640335
TMSEgypt, Manager at Emperor Divers Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello Chris.
Thanks for your review...and as ever it was lovely to have you dive with us yet again. We look forward to seeing you all again next year and will be keeping our fingers crossed that it stays nice and calm!!!
Tammi & the Sharm Team
Essex, UK
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Professional, helpful and honest :-)”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner and I decided to go to Sharm as he had just completed his open water and I was very rusty. Emperor were recommended to us and we pre-booked before we went. 1st days diving the morning after we landed so no time o double check. The guys were outside our hotel on time and spent the drive to the dive centre explaining the plan for he next three days. All of our paperwork was checked before we could even start trying on the kit. Loads of different sizes and help with getting things right for our first trip. Other half turns out to be an air pig so larger tanks booked of days 2&3. Different guide on days 2&3 ( sorry cant remember his name) who gave better half a few tips on how to improve his technique, also gave me a telling off for going too deep. Good details on the dive sites before you got wet and guide took the time to point out fun stuff on route. Food on board filling and enough choice to get you through the day, good selection of drinks. Not the cheapest on the coast but worth every penny. Couple of the boat crew were a bit too pervy but we saw that everywhere we went - not good when there is a 13 year old on board. Thanks to the team for a memorable holiday, hope to see you again before the end of the year ( and enjoy my returning customer discount) .

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Lee-lee-lou
Hello.
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us in January...and it is good to know that the whole team contributed to providing you with a memorable holiday. If your other half is still an air pig just remember you can pre-book the 15 litre tanks for him so they are there from the first dive. We look forward to diving with you again in the near future.
Tammi & the Sharm Team.
M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This was great!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

8 friends, a few with no diving experience, another with 100 dives logged: together in sharm for an amazing diving holiday, We all agree that Emperor was really good. Service, safety, breefings, materials, location, boats, fun... All taking care of. And our guides Cookie and Steve were the best. They made us feel very safe and made the holiday more fun. We saw a lot of beautiful divesites at ras mohammed and tiran, but some local sites are really good as well. For instance, we saw a lot of Parrotfish/groupers/ butterflyfish, clownfish, barracuda, turtles, Napoleonfish, moray eels and even manta rays at just one local reef :-)
Thanks guys, for an amazing holiday

2 Thank Jelle M
Hello Jelle. Thank you for your review and congratulations to the 3 members of your group who passed their PADI Open Water course. I am glad to hear you all had a good time and got to see a wide variety of the aquatic life that we have on offer here in Sharm...especially the Manta. We hope to see you all again.
Tammi & the Sharm Team