“Worth it”

Ocean College Dive Centre
Ranked #5 of 258 Tours in Sharm El Sheikh
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean College dive centre has been operating in the resort of Sharm El Sheikh since 1998 and has become one of the premier dive operators in the Red Sea. We hold the highest official rating with PADI and offer a full range of courses from beginner to instructor plus daily boat diving trips to the most famous dive sites in Sharm. Our 5* PADI dive centre is located at the Sensatori resort and we offer complimentary transfers from all resort hotels.A wide range of dive services can be prebooked online on our website or through your TUI rep once in resort.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Sofia, Bulgaria
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Worth it”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were put off at first by the very early pick up (1.15h before departure of the boat) although we were the only 2 persons in the van and we did filled all the documents the day before. But this was soon fixed by our dive master Hatem and the following two days we were on the jetty just in time.
As for the quality of diving: dive master, equipment, safety, boat etc we don't have a base to compare as it was our first time diving in Sharm. However from what we've heard from the other divers on the boat it seems we've made the best choice.
We won't hesitate to recommend our dive master Hatem to everyone. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for him.
Also the second boat we went to Ras Mo with was awesome, great crew and delicious lunch (specially the fish and the eggplant "saute" with garlic) I believe the name of the boat was "Sting ray".
I have just one recommendation: make sure you bring enough EUR/GBP in cash as the exchange rate in Sharm is not very good and prices for diving are quoted in GBP and EUR.
ENJOY!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Goddeess

• Arabic first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made my holiday!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I returned from Sharm yesterday . Having waited 12 years to complete my training, (kids got in the way... ) My brother in law and I booked both open and advanced open water courses. Our instructor Dan Stokes was fantastic. Both professional in his approach and friendly he quickly established rapport with us and made the classroom learning element fun and real. In the water his calm and confident approach (with an appropriate scowl in some moments) allowed me to build my confidence and improve my skills. Thank you Dan!
The facilities are good and all the staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. All the transport was on time and ran well. The equipment was good and anything that was not right was very quickly remedied. The boats are good too, notibly the food. Lots of it and some of the best tasting food from our holiday.
If you are considering learning to dive, or using their facilities, I cannot recommend Ocean College enough and specifically Dan - next year I will bring my daughter and I hope you will inspire her in diving as you have me.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mseabo42
Runcorn, United Kingdom
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“5 star diving school”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have used ocean college several times for diving whilst on holiday in Egypt. He staff are friendly and professional at the same time. All equipment is clean and well maintained. I have also completed my advanced Padi cert with them. They do great food if you opt for the food on board. Made some great friends from this dive school and highly recommend them. I had a dive accident a couple of years back and this was no fault to ocean college however the treatment from them was 5 star. Some dive schools ice been with in diff country's inc Maldives etc do not have the safety standards as high as ocean college. They are a must o try.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Mandyibiza
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Top Notch, Absolutely Smashing!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am ending a year long hardship duty tour with the MFO here in the Sinai and have been lucky enough to spend about 5 months of it in Sharm el-Sheik. Ocean College and the MFO have a long relationship so who else was I to go with? I got my Advanced Open Water and Nitrox here with Eloise and other friends have done everything from Basic Open Water all the way to Rescue Diver with OC as well. Any request we had was met, in the past 3 weeks alone we have done the Tiran Reefs, Temple, Ras Umm Sid, Ras Katy, SS Thistlegorm, SS Dunraven, Shark & Yolanda Reefs, Far Gardens, and Ras Ghazlani. Any problems with our equipment were handled immediately (I had a small pinpoint hole in my BCD, a few wetsuit size changes, etc.) I have never seen improperly marked Nitrox tanks as other reviewers have said, they put an emphasis on safety at all times i.e. diver analyzing cylinders themselves, guides and DM's doing current checks before the group splashes, review of basic procedures, etc. The briefings are very thorough and relevant, and the staff will keep as close an eye on you as required by your experience level. The boat crews are very helpful, professional, and also happen to be excellent cooks. The authentic Egyptian fare was always delicious. I recommend the "chicken-fish" and the sauteed eggplant. George, Eloise, Jo, Clare, Mark, and Daniel had us in fits of laughter more often than not, and overall, I couldn't ask for a better dive center! A final shout-out to Yvonne Barnes as the best money taker in Sharm!

Visited February 2013
4 Thank RumRunnerDiver
Monmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“More Fantastic Dives with Ocean College”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just got back from a week away in Sharm with my girlfriend and despite it being a 'Chill' holiday I still managed to sneak in a days worth of scuba diving.

I headed down to Ocean College the day before and booked the diving and because I was only doing 1 days diving (which meant I had to do local dive sites - which I've done a million times before) I decided to take advantage of their fantastically priced Nitrox course.

Next morning I met with Clare (my Nitrox Course instructor) and Aaron the Dive Master for the day. As usual everything was perfect: transport to the Jetty, the boat, the crew, the lunch onboard and the diving was superb as it always is in Sharm.

So, now I'm back home, Nitrox Certified, writing this review and searching for my next dive holiday in Sharm - I can assure you that Nitrox does not taste like Cheese Cake (thank you Aaron) but the course is well worth doing and Ocean College make it an enjoyable one to do, the nice lady in the office even managed to get the new picture of me used for my PADI card rather than the hideous snapshot Hatem managed to take of me 7 years earlier when I did my Open water and Advanced Open water with them which has appeared on every speciality card I've done since!

So it only remains for me to say a big thank you to Clare and Aaron for a great days diving and I'll see you all again soon when we come back over for a diving holiday later in the year.... Can't wait!

Visited February 2013