This was our very first visit to an all inclusive hotel and first visit to Egypt .... So a little unsure of what to expect! We travelled with Thomas Cook and the rep on arrival was lovely, very helpful and the first day meeting ... was a must to go to, all our questions answered and booked up a snorkelling trip with firm in there brochure so knew we would be looked after, and we were .... snorkelling a must amazing clear seas with abundance of fish!! The hotel pools are plenty, so not too much of a problem with people bagging sunbeds! Had a laugh joining in with Aqua Gym .... The two chaps that organised this daily were fun and it was a good little work out, plus it was in the heated pool!
We were asked daily about pedicure, manicure, massage if you said no, or not now they were pretty good! I did decide to have a pedicure and talked my husband into one with the help of Tito who was a fun and rather cheeky rep for those services, I didn't find it too high pressure as I was led to believe it would be.
The restaurants were ok, main spices was busy and loud, food was hot fresh and good choice (could have lived on the fresh breads and pastries) the down side was mainly Russians who don't seem to understand patience, tolerance or are simply quite rude to staff and other guests!
The main bar reception is as grand as the pictures show and a lovely place to chill out at the end of the day, we had a great waiter called Emund, sorted our drinks as we arrived and genrally looked out for us! There were many others who from the chaps who did our rooms and ensured my coffee supply (I don't drink so my tipple is coffee!) The rooms were spotless!!
To the waiters in the oGrill all did the hotel proud .....
The only thing we had to change was our room, on the first night we were by the two lifts up from the bar area and the corridors do echo, we weren't out and drinking late so it was a tad noisy we were moved with no hassle at all to a lovely room directly looking out to sea .... perfectly quiet!
We plan to go back this May for my 50th birthday Shhhh!! 21 really! But shall book 10 days as a week just flew by!
I am very pleased to highly recommend this hotel and we both thank the staff and management for a very enjoyable holiday .... x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Sinai Peninsula in the "Montazah Ras Nasrany Bay" area along the Red Sea shore, just 7 km away from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport and from popular Na'ama Bay with its wide range of shops and bazaars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sharm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Sharm Resort And Spa
- Melia Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh