“Excellent week!!”

Ranked #87 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent week!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was our very first visit to an all inclusive hotel and first visit to Egypt .... So a little unsure of what to expect! We travelled with Thomas Cook and the rep on arrival was lovely, very helpful and the first day meeting ... was a must to go to, all our questions answered and booked up a snorkelling trip with firm in there brochure so knew we would be looked after, and we were .... snorkelling a must amazing clear seas with abundance of fish!! The hotel pools are plenty, so not too much of a problem with people bagging sunbeds! Had a laugh joining in with Aqua Gym .... The two chaps that organised this daily were fun and it was a good little work out, plus it was in the heated pool!
We were asked daily about pedicure, manicure, massage if you said no, or not now they were pretty good! I did decide to have a pedicure and talked my husband into one with the help of Tito who was a fun and rather cheeky rep for those services, I didn't find it too high pressure as I was led to believe it would be.
The restaurants were ok, main spices was busy and loud, food was hot fresh and good choice (could have lived on the fresh breads and pastries) the down side was mainly Russians who don't seem to understand patience, tolerance or are simply quite rude to staff and other guests!
The main bar reception is as grand as the pictures show and a lovely place to chill out at the end of the day, we had a great waiter called Emund, sorted our drinks as we arrived and genrally looked out for us! There were many others who from the chaps who did our rooms and ensured my coffee supply (I don't drink so my tipple is coffee!) The rooms were spotless!!
To the waiters in the oGrill all did the hotel proud .....
The only thing we had to change was our room, on the first night we were by the two lifts up from the bar area and the corridors do echo, we weren't out and drinking late so it was a tad noisy we were moved with no hassle at all to a lovely room directly looking out to sea .... perfectly quiet!
We plan to go back this May for my 50th birthday Shhhh!! 21 really! But shall book 10 days as a week just flew by!
I am very pleased to highly recommend this hotel and we both thank the staff and management for a very enjoyable holiday .... x

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MSharm, Manager at Sharm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are happy you are greatly satisfied with the stay at Meliá Sharm. You have enjoyed our service and facilities. We are pleased our staff and management made your holiday most enjoyable.
Thank you for recommending Meliá Sharm hotel to others; we are pleased we provide a decent stay to suit everyone’s taste.
It will be our great pleasure to welcome you again for your 50th Birthday. We will do our best to make your anniversary a memorable one!
With warmest regards,
Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

It was our second visit . We took our parents this time. Good hotel & perfect stuff, warm pool, beach with sand, flowers, small bridges over the pools. Everything is in harmony and positive way. Animation team was very active and friendly. We enjoyed with the entertainment even cobra's show :)

As for Security, I was little bit disappointed: we left photo-camera on a table in the front of the lobby bar (main building), when we came back it was missed. We have contacted the manager on a reception, he made everything that was possible. Unfortunately there was no security cameras in that area. But it was only depend on human nature of a person who found it. It's not about a camera, It's about solidarity and humanity. I'm sure it is hard to lose the memories in such way to anybody. Just an advice, be more carefully whenever you are with your things. Anyway, it was a very good vacation.

Also we had some problems with the door keys. Changed several times :) But this problem was solved immediately. Thanks for that.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are beautiful with sunset and sunrise :)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ninulky
MSharm, Manager at Sharm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.
Comments of our regular guest are very important for us. It helps us to improve our service in order to bring the best quality for our customers.
I am very sorry to know about your camera loss. We kindly recommend do not leave any valuable items out of safe box or without supervision.
We hope that the inconvenience caused does not discourage you from visiting our hotel in the future.
We will be happy to have you as our guests again at Meliá Sharm.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have just returned after a nice restful week, the hotel and its grounds were spotless the room was of good size and with a sea view...The restaurant/food was good the only down side was the russians pushing and shoving..Pity the grill bar wasn`t open at night this restaurant was brill waiters were excellent and food simple but adequate for lunch time. Bar staff at the main bar were hit and miss and glass cleaning a priority to serving me with a drink...we were mithered daily around the pool for massages and manicures even when we had had one... massage was ok but manicure/pedicure not recommended had to remove polish as applied slap dash by men, this service definatly lets the hotel down and the staff in there had a bad attitude once they had your money. Overall manicure apart a very friendly hotel!
Spa didn`t find it???

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank monicat23
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your review. Your opinion is very important for us.
The positive comments give us motivation to keep up with the good work and the negative comments give us guidelines on how to improve our quality.
I took notes of your comments about service at Beauty Salon and I assure you that we will take necessary actions. We do take your comments seriously and commit to improve our service in order to give a memorable experience to our guests.
I hope to welcome you again in the future at Meliá Sharm,
Best regards,
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Arriving at the airport was a nightmare, there was just a massive scrum to let 2 planes of people get through passport checking with only 2 members of staff and it was hot and humid and once you get through this there are people who will "help" you take your bags to the coach BUT you have to tip them and when you say no thanks they drop your luggage on the floor and walk away, this also happened when we got the coach home as they was a gentleman helping carry luggage off the coach and when I said I had no money for a tip he walked away rather than helping me so some of the people can quite rude if you do not tip them.

We booked this hotel for our Honeymoon and we most certainly did not regret it!! This hotel was amazing tbh we arrived to find that our room had been upgraded to a sea view free of charge as they knew it was our honeymoon as well as walking in to our room to find a nice cake awaiting us with a chocolate sign saying H.Honeymoon and a lovely note congratulating us.

One thing that I was worried about when we checked in was straight away a member of staff asked that I leave a nice comment about them on this site so my first thought was "here we go, all week we will have people asking us to leave reviews about them" and how wrong I was. There was 2 member of staff who in particular stood out as being excellent and when I mentioned that I would leave a comment about them they seemed rather shy about it.

The 2 members of staff was Rezk who works in Spices restaurant which is the buffet, he was friendly and polite and my room key fell out my pocket so when I came back a while later he handed it back to me and remembered me. He was polite and always had a laugh with us without being too pushy and my wife and I thought he was great and he made our stay enjoyable. As we left after breakfast we waved at him and he chased after us and shook mine and my wifes hands and said how he enjoyed having us here and hoped we could come again as he said he will not forget us and we both really appreciated this. He also was not afraid to jump on other counters and help serves deserts rather than see a large queue

The final member of staff is Hassan who works in O Grill and wears a black shirt, the restaurant its self is only for Thomas Cook and the food is for lunch and it is quite simply amazing there. Hassan was great and remembered our drinks order every day, had a laugh with us and was always making sure we were well looked after, in the evening he works in Spices and would often carry my food to the table for me and you could see him and Rezk telling staff to ask us for drinks and what not.

The people who you never see get a mention are the room cleaners, we stayed in room 5010 and the gentle who done our room was great. He even folded our clothes as well as made the sure things like my wifes hair clips were arranged smartly rather than being just on the bedside table. I left some headphones on the the desk and he laid them over a lamp rather than cleaning around them.

The food is amazing but you HAVE to go to the Italian restaurant as well as O Grill as the food is quite frankly excellent although the manager of both who wears a white shirt appears to be a bit moody but nothing too offensive and he never spoiled our evening or lunch

One small complaint about having the ground floor room was the sprinklers which come on, that's simply because the water smells pretty bad so when you have your patio door open the smell drifts in and makes the room smell but this did not ruin our stay in any way.

One MAJOR complaint was the staff selling treatments, they tend to hassle you over and over again and a classic example of this was the newspaper man who charges £4 for the day befores paper. You tell the staff your not interested in any treatments or excursions yet they carry on selling it and then come and ask you again the following day so they did annoy us a little.

Oh the WiFi is awful, it costs £28 for 6 days and you can only use it on once device so the wife and I spent £56 on WiFi which also had a very poor signal unless you are outside which works fine.

But believe me when I say this hotel is amazing, its beautiful and we will most certainly be back again next year even if its just so I can have the best Beef Kofta I have ever tasted....oh the gentleman who makes the pancakes in the morning deserves a medal as they are amazing.

2 Thank Ben B
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your opinion about stay in Melià Sharm Hotel.
Your comments are very important for us.
It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your Honeymoon with us and you may rest assured that the review was presented to the General Manager and all comments have been forwarded to the various Departments of the Hotel and the staff. We appreciate your important note about internet prices.
We are glad to hear you will be coming back to our hotel.
You are greatly welcome!
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We have just returned from a weeks sunshine break at the Melia Sharm - our room was lovely and all the staff were so friendly. The hotel and its grounds were kept immaculate. Plenty of food though a little bland at times - the main problem at the evening buffet was the bad manners of other guests.

2 Thank Pensioners2014
MSharm, Manager at Sharm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback.
Every comment is very important for us.
We are glad to know that our service and facilities have met your expectations with clean room, nice territory and friendly staff.
We hope to have a chance to welcome you again during your next visit of Egypt.
Best regards,
ilkeston,derby
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Having visited Egypt a few times and needing to book a last minute holiday after hours of searching I booked this hotel and the extra services of a level beachfront room.

The hotel is very large with many pools and waterfalls but with the level services you have a private pool and a lounge area served buy two mens called Mohamed and Amed who cannot do enough for you so the location is perfect and I would give both of these five stars. As the service these guys give is exceptional, and beats anything I have received in other countries.

Now the negative the room even though has the perfect view is dated and cannot be given the five stars they state,eg the large mirror down the bathroom wall is tarnished, cupboard doors hanging wonkey and only one wardrobe for two which a two weeks holiday clothes would not fit in,you should not find this.

Food is the main problem, not enough choice, cold food and the way other guest leave leave their tables looks like animal have been eating at them. This is in the main restaurant and I feel for the staff that have to work in this condition. This I struggle to give the 3 stars the o grill at lunch is great and waiter service so if they can only cross this sort of experience to the main restaurant I could give it those 5 stars. So we stayed away as much as possible ate only at the O grill and the level lounge were we received the correct service you expect. Being referred to as sweetie in the main part of the hotel buy a member of the bar staff is not respectable.

Would I return no, I would bite the bullet and pay the price tag of the savoy. As Egypt is an amazing place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MSharm, Manager at Sharm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Level at Meliá Sharm for your stay in Egypt, Sharm El Sheikh.
We are glad to know that the staff at The Level Lounge made your vacation a special one.
The Level is a special part of the hotel where we are trying to provide personalized service for every guest.
I have shared your comments with the Excutive HK Manager and F&B Director and I assure you that we will take proper actions in mentioned areas.
Thank you for the valuable notes and opinion.
We hope to have a chance to welcome you again at The Level Meliá Sharm.
Oswestry
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have just come back from a week’s break in the Melia Sharm Hotel in Sharm El Sheik and it was very nice. The staff were wonderful and friendly, the hotel very clean, food not bad, considering it was an all inclusive deal, it was the usual buffet type food, but very nice. It has four lovely outdoor pools and one other which was heated; it was like swimming in your bath, so warm and relaxing. Of course you had the usual harassing from the Spa staff to try and get you to buy a spa treatment, it did get on your nerves a bit, but once you said you were not interested they left you alone, and I suppose they do have to make a living. The down side to the hotel was: it was totally on its own miles from anywhere, so you had nowhere to go at night other than mingle in the bar/lounge areas and listen to whatever entertainment they put on, and most of the time it was not that good. The other negative was the beds in the rooms, it was like trying to sleep on a floor, the beds were so hard, and by the end of the week your back was killing you. The rooms were quite nice and large and we had a lovely balcony with a sea/pool view (5105) and it was kept spotlessly clean, as were all the areas of the hotel. One note of warning; we paid to go on the shuttle to Naama Bay, what turned up was not a shuttle bus but a taxi, there were four of us in total and they bundled us in the taxi and it was a drive from hell, the driver was doing in excess of 90 mph, it was very unnerving, they then dropped us off at a point in the road where an exchange of words went on with the driver and someone on the side of the road, we were then asked to get out and follow this person, he took us across the road to a shop where we had to endure 30 minutes of hard sell, we then had to return back to this shop 2 hrs later to get our taxi back, obviously more hard sell, so beware!! I know it sounds like we had a fraught week, but it was not, we truly had a lovely relaxing break in the sun, what more could you ask for, especially as the weather is so bad here. We would definitely go back to Sharm, but to somewhere a little more lively.

Room Tip: The hotel is a bit of a maze, we were in room 5105 and it had a lovely view over the pool and sea, b...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Meliá Sharm for your stay in Egypt, Sharm El Sheikh.
We appreciate your comments and opinion.
It is a pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was a positive and you have had a relaxing time at the hotel.
Regarding the hotel location, Meliá Sharm is located in Montazah area, in front of Tiran Island. It is a new part of the city, which is famous by its coral rif and colored fishes. The nearest city center Naama Bay is in 20 min by taxi.
Please, accept our sincere apologies with the shuttle bus service. The necessary action was taken immediately with the responsible person as comfort of every guest is very important for us.
Once again thank you for the important note.
We hope to have a pleasure to welcome you again at Meliá Sharm.