I must say this was our first trip to Egypt and found the hotel to be very clean and well set up. Staff in Restuarant and O Grill very good and helpful but didnt like the way the bosses treated them in the main restuarant. They were efficient and polite. Not mad about the food. There was plenty to chose from but quite tasteless really and potatos not nice at all. OGrill was lovely.
I must say the Animation Team made our holiday and loved Aqua Gym and the shows they put on were good. So polite and friendly and found out alot about things from them which was helpful because Thomas Cook Rep was never to be seen apart from the Welcome Meeting and didnt even say goodbye when we were leaving. Personally I found him unnecessary.
Even the members of the Team who were for the foreign holiday makers were so nice and always had time to pass the time of day. Special thanks to Gianni and Amadeou and Christina
I cried when it was time to leave had the best time. Loved music at Pool Bar and had so much fun made lots of friends. Beach Party was brilliant. Need to do more things like this as bit boring after the Shows have finished. Although we made our own fun with friends we met. Alchohol left a lot to be desired. No Bacardi and Vodka was horrible.
The only downside was the Pool Towel Station the staff there are trying to rip you off by not letting you have your towel card at the end of the day which means you could be charged £50.00 and you have to argue with them to get them back. This happened to 5 separate couples and myself and when I said if you dont give me my cards I want towels the cards surprisingly appeared with some attitude from the towel man.
I would not hesitate to come back again and once again all staff apart from a couple of pool boys are a credit to the hotel. We were two girls on our own and nevery felt unsafe or vunerable.
One of the best holidays I have had in years and will recommend it to all my friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Sinai Peninsula in the "Montazah Ras Nasrany Bay" area along the Red Sea shore, just 7 km away from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport and from popular Na'ama Bay with its wide range of shops and bazaars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cyrene Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Sharm Resort And Spa
- Melia Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh