My husband & i stayed at the melia sharm for 11 nights from 17th of march 2013,through thomas cook,this was our first time here in this hotel,as we have stayed in quite a few in sharm over the last 6 or 7 years,and so far we would say that the melia sharm has been the best so far due to the fantastic location. The hotel is great,the selection of buffet meals is very good,as the chefs try to cater for all variety of countrys, we made a comment to one of the catering managers that we hadnt had tomato soup while been here,then next thing he was having a word with the chef, then he came back and told us it would be on tomorrows lunch,and the following day it was & it was fantastic!! we even got the rec of the chef bless him,which leads me to the rest of the staff,they are lovely & cannot do enough for you,nothing is too much trouble, and we would like to say a special thankyou to our waiter RAMADAN who was great,again nothing was too much trouble for him he really looked after us,& deserves that promotion he wants!! Also A big thankyou to MR ABDELFATHA (food & beverages manager)
The snacks after midnight in the lobby bar are not really up to much, they are just very small pastries, the hotel could maybe try & put on some warm pasta or pizza in the italian rest after midnight??Or even bread rolls and a selection of cheeses & meat??like the other hotels we have visited.
The rooms are quite large and are very clean,there is a mini fridge filled with a couple of cans of larger,coke & fanta,but once used you have to pay for it been filled again,tea & coffee.
The grounds of hotel are really well kept & tidy & all the gardeners working hard in the hot sunshine!
On a evening there is just the lobby bar open (24 hours) and no other bar open,we did find that this got a bit boring after awhile,they need to have at least another bar open so you can wonder about between the two, there is shows on in the disco if you want to see that sort of thing but thats not for us! they also had the beach party on a tues night i think between 10 & 2am but you have to pay for that,which we didnot bother with,this should be included in the AI.
All in all a fantastic holiday, fantastic staff thankyou everyone,fantastic location and fantastic hot sunshine! would recommend this hotel to friends & family. thankyou Rach & melvin room 5127. hope this review is helpfull.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Sinai Peninsula in the "Montazah Ras Nasrany Bay" area along the Red Sea shore, just 7 km away from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport and from popular Na'ama Bay with its wide range of shops and bazaars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Prestigia so you can book your Cyrene Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Sharm Resort And Spa
- Melia Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh