“Hotel good shame about the staff!!”
Review of Cyrene Grand Hotel

Cyrene Grand Hotel
Ranked #92 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one week on 5th December rooms very good nice decor cleaned every day. grounds very well kept pool area very nice plus beach! We found the food good plenty of choice different type of meat every evening.
Down side of this hotel it's not a 5 star and not a Thomas cook with style staff very poor ignorant and rude you are constantly pestered for massage, newspaper, excursions, they don't take no for answer then asking why! Because I don't want one.
Would I come bk to this hotel answer is no would I recommend it no.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Humble26
MSharm, Manager at Cyrene Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Guest,
We are very sorry that you experience did no meet your expectations; please allow me to express our sincerest apologies. At Meliá Sharm we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore you feedback is very important to us.
I assure you that we are taking nesessary action to correct the situation.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

First time to Egypt, wasn't really sure what to expect. We upgraded on arrival to The Level which was worth every penny spent. We were lucky enough to share our private pool etc with English people which was a bonus! Food was OK except the main restaurant was like a cattle market couldn't really explain it any other way... I personally would have liked to sit on the beach (which people did) but I didn't think it was very nice. It's a good idea to stay in your hotel in the evening as we explored one night and it wasn't a pleasant experience (one being its like your in a ghost town it's quite eerrryyy!!). We had a lovely break for the week in November and I'm glad we tried it, but I must admit I am a Cape Verde fan this time of year...

Room Tip: The Level is a must if you want relaxation. It is a gamble to upgrade when your there but it is chea...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting The Level of Meliá Sharm for your vacation in Egypt, Sharm El Sheikh.
Your comments are very important to us and we are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Regarding the main restaurant, please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.
We hope that any of the inconveniences caused does not discourage you from visiting our hotel in the future and verify all the improvements that we have made.
Once again thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had an amazing time in this resort/palace!
Everyone is so so nice, the staff, Thomas Cook rep and the animation team - Especially Danny, Alex, Lola and Dimitri !!!
Spent the week within the resort with great choice of sunbeds by the pool and on the beach! Music and entertainment was always around and in between there is the 24 hour lobby bar where we got to talk to the bar staff lots who were great!
The Thomas cook rep helped us organise our trip to Cairo which we had previously booked, we were never left alone, had someone to take us to the airport and pick us up then had the best tour guide!!!! I would definitely recommend this trip! - if you want to do any trips make you you organise them through your rep because one of ours got cancelled due to weather and we got a refund, you won't if you do it separately!
The food in the resort is a buffet and lots of choice, I am a vegetarian and I was never unable to find something to eat, there are cocktails at hand when you walk in and the waiters are ready to help you in any way with food or drinks.

The only negative thing I need to say about is the hassle you receive around the pool and beach - there are a lot of members of massage staff and trip organisers going round the pool (if you are relaxing or asleep they will wake you up) asking if you want a massage, they will even get you to lay down for a test! The trip organisers will go round with their folders asking every day to organise a trip with them!
We learnt that if you say you have been there before or already done a trip or had a massage they will leave you alone quicker!
Don't let that put you off because after a couple of days it does ware off!

All together an amazing trip!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
I am glad to know that your experience at Meliá Sharm was positive one.
It is our commitment.
I took notes of your comments regarding staff from Beauty Salon, we are taking nesessary action.
I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Just returned from a week's holiday and had a fabulous time. The Hotel is every bit as good as the Brochure describes, and in some ways better. The interior, grounds and pool areas are cleaned to a very high stanard. There are plenty of sunbeds to lounge on and sunbathing terraces, you are spoilt as to where to sit. The staff on hand are very attentive, courteous and only too pleased to assist you where ever possible. We upgraded to a Level Room and it was well worth the upgrade as we had a private pool, with sunloungers and our pool guy had our beds always set out for us on the morning after breakfast. The views from the room were tremendous with sea views and we overlooked Tiran Island. The beach area is again well set out and cleaned every day. The food was very varied and plentiful. A big thank you goes to Hossam (waiter in the main restauant) who treated us like royalty always ensuring we had a drink ready on arrival to our table and was very attentive. On one occasion when I had a slight tummy upset he went out of his way to prepare me a mint drink which did the trick. We had cause to complain on only one occassion when we used the Hotel taxi service into Namma Bay as we felt somwhat pressurised as we were deposited at the side of a busy road and then taken into a shop for some "pressure sell" and the area was we felt in quite a seedy part of Namma Bay. We did complain on our return to the Hotel, and the following morning to guest relations and were told that they would ensure this does not happen again. On our departure day the taxi organiser from the Hotel did come over and apologise personally. However, do not let this put you off. The Hotel in my opinion lives up to its 5***** rating and is well worth a visit. We would consider returning again. A big thank you to the Hotel and all staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Level Area in room 7104 which is on the upper floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret B
MSharm, Manager at Cyrene Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your preference in selecting The Level of Meliá Sharm for your vacation, as well for taking the time to share your recent experience.
It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
As we informed you the nesessary action was taken with the taxi company.
Once again our sincere apologize for the inconvenience.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at The Level of Meliá Sharm.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here in November for 2 weeks and i can definately say i am glad to be back home.
Where do i start? I cannot wait to read the reply from the hotel as i can definately say it will not change anything.
Do not come here if you want to eat! Food is terrible. It is cold mostly as its a buffet, there is nothing that you would pay for EVER. Even the italian restaurant were you get 1 visit is poor the service was TERRIBLE and the steak was poor quality. I was shocked at thomas cook for telling me this was a highly rated hotel for food. Tasteless and re heated left overs from dinner. You can only have ice cream between 4&5 which is a joke (its boiling outside). We ate out alot of the evenings because the food was so poor.
On two occasions i found hair in my food and not a sorry was given once!

Before we arrived we requested a double bed as we are a COUPLE and recieved 2 twins beds. We rang reception and their way of dealing with it was putting a large quilt over it. Not acceptable as it meant i fell down the middle! We asked again for a double bed and were told there was none free.
The hotel does not provide you with a plug either for your bath! So if you are planning a trip take your own! We left a sound dock in our room by accident too asif our holiday wasnt bad enough and after ringing several times they say they cannot find it which is worrying as it was definately there when we left.

I must say though our room was cleaned daily. The hotel looks lovely but it is the staff and food that let it down.
The entertainment is shocking. We saw 2 acts in the whole 2 weeks. There is therefore nothing to do at night.
The bar serves only select alcohol so my tastes were not catered for.
They have a pool table however you have to pay to use it!
A member of staff told us they get paid £90 a MONTH to work long hours 6 days a week which would explain their grumpy faces and ignorant attitude towards us. Never had such slow and ignorant service. A lot did not understand my requests.
You have to pay for wifi here so each day we would go to reception and pay the £13 for 2 hours. THEN at the end of our holiday we were billed for the internet. Yes billed for it! After we had already paid each time! So as you can imagine we refused to pay again. This caused the manager who i must say is the rudest person i have ever met lock the hotel gates and stop our thomas cook bus leaving until we had paid. After pleading with him to present me with the staff i had paid each time and he couldnt i then asked him to check cctv to show i had paid which he wouldnt do either. In the end i did NOT pay so it makes me wonder did he just try to rip us off? Complete lack of communication between the staff and my name was even FORGED onto a peice of paper which was apparently the bill. I left the hotel in tears while the manager SHOUTED you will pay in my face. I am disgusted by the way he treated me in front of other guests calling me a liar.
Then we were charged for some smoked salmon that arrived to our room WARM smoked salmon is meant to be cold! We sent it back and got nothing else back. Then when we told this to the manager he LIED and said we had eaten it when we sent 95% of it back. In the end i paid for this but there was no way i was paying for internet i had already paid for.
You are constantly bothered by RUDE massage staff round the pool harrassing you to get a massage then when you say no they ask why and go off in a huff.
No idea how this hotel can call it a spa the salon consists of a walk in fridge sized room with old grotty beds and cheap creams and lotions. I was pushed into having a facial which made my skin come up in a rash! Cheap products! The lady was on her phone 60% of the time of my facial and the other 40% she spent shouting to the other collegue. Worst facial i have ever had. She also told me i would get 2 for the price of 1 but i never got the other. So its basically a con.
I had a massage that lasted 45 mins not the hour they tell you you actually get. Then i was pestered for a tip after it.
The staff constantly ask for tips too which annoys me as its your discretion and they dont deserve it.

Please dont waste your money! Go to another hotel there are some nicer ones near by.
I hope the hotel sort this out as they just lost what could of been 2 regular customers and i was even going to have my hen party here in june. Well definately not now!
I am making an offical complaint about the manager and the way i was treated as leaving the hotel crying was NOT my idea of a good holiday.
Ps dont buy a watch from the hotel shop it will break on the way home!

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank Petitepenguin91

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to learn that our services were not up to your standards, we will take notes of your comments as these are very important to us in our daily effort to improve our services, we do take your comments seriously and I assure you that necessary actions will be taken immediately.
Upon arrival to Meliá Sharm every guest is accomodated to the room as per voucher and reservation. Guest's request about type of bed in the room is not garanteed upon reservation process. It is always subject to Hotel availability and our Reception Team is glad to assist with any guest's preferences if it is possible.
About the food, we serve daily English and Continental breakfast, International lunch, theme dinner with 14 days menu rotation.
At the lunch and dinner buffet we offer selection of salads with or without sauce, different choices of main course and live cooking and a wide variety of desserts.
Also Diet food and Station of Oriental food at guest’s disposal every meal.
However, we are very sorry if this did not please you.
Daily Meliá Sharm welcomes guests from UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Poland, Ukrain, Holland and other countries.
Our Executive Chef is offering menu which can satisfied taste of guests from all countries.
As per All Inclusive package Ice cream is available during lunch in the main Restaurant and at the pool bar from 4pm till 5 pm, with extra charge 24 hours with Room Service.
Regarding Entertainment program, I am sorry to know that you visited only 2 acts as weekly we are offering Oriental Show, Karaoke evening, Fire and Fakir show, 2 professional dance show, alive music, Animation Team show, Beach party and Disco with DJ.
Please, accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience upon departure. According Hotel policy every guest have to pay for his/her bills and extras. By your signature on the bill you confirmed that you accepted the service and agreed to pay.
Thank you for valuable feedback. Your opinion is very important for us.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My partner and I decided to give Egypt a go as the weather in other relatively short flight destinations was poor to say the least. We were not disappointed on this front, the weather was perfect and we didn't succumb to the much talked about illnesses.
The hotel was fine, not a true 5 star but if you go on holiday and expect Claridges you will always be disappointed!
The food was adequate, you would never go hungry, typical of an all inclusive buffet.
One thing that did put us off slightly was the outragous greed and obcene waste of food by certain nationalities (I'm sure we all know the culprits) Totally out of control of the hotel and staff but I just wish I didn't have to witness it at every meal time!!
The room was good, I spoke to a couple of people who had problems with their rooms but the hotel sorted them and everyone was happy.
The drinks were an issue at first, too much flat coke and not enough alcohol but once we asked them to mix it as we liked it, it was fine.
The Thomas Cook Rep in hotel was excelent, very informative, good English and an all round nice guy.
As on previous reviews, you simply cannot fault the staff, they are all so friendly and helpfull and Saleem in the buffet restaurant was a little star.
There does seam to be a kind of pecking order with the staff whereby the lowly are almost bullied by those who have progressed up the ladder. This is not pleasant to witness and I think the people half way up should remember when they were on the first rung!!
All round we did have a great holiday and would consider coming back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HowdenEngland
MSharm, Manager at Cyrene Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments.
Your feedback is very important for us.
It is our pleasure to provide best quality service to our customers.
Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We arrived on 12 November 2012 and i got to say the hotel was a 5 star with nice gardens and nice pools would like to say big thank you to the animation team Aimee Danny and Alex they were very helpful and if you talk to them they will make you laugh and happy there was one person on the animation team thow who i personally thought was quite rude think his name was Nikita and although i dont have anything against other nationalitys but thought he was bit rude towards English people so my advice is to copy the whole team talk to everyone rather than your own.
The pool staff was very good also a thank you to Amhed and Bahaa always made jokes and happy to serve drinks. The food in the hotel was what you expected in the buffet im personally a fussy eater so there wasnt really much for my self or my mum who is a vegetarian which in any buffet should be optional if you do decide to come to this hotel make sure you find Saleem who works in the buffet restaurant give him little tip and he will always make sure you have drinks on your table and he is a funny character. In the lobby bar there all good bunch people a thank you to Meena who was very helpful the only one i didnt like was there boss as he was very towards us from the start . Would i come to this hotel again if i ever come back to Egypt my answer would be yes thanks to all staff (if i forgoton any names sorry) for a great holiday
from Lee and Diane ps send some weather please to England it would be appreciated lol

Room Tip: my room was 3208 was very quiet and nice view of the sea
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your opinion about stay in Melià Sharm Hotel.
Your comments are very important for us.
I’ve shared your comments with the staff and the Management Team.
We are glad to learn that your experience was a positive one.
It is our commitment.
We hope to welcome you again at Meliá Sharm.