Riva Mar
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sharm El Sheikh
See available hotels
Le Royal Holiday Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Shark's Bay Oasis Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Mazar Resort & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Badawia Sharm Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Gardenia Plaza Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Dolphina Country Club(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Room Service
La Vita Resort & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Coral Beach Resort Tiran(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Island Garden Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Sierra Sharm El Sheikh(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2011

it was advertised as 5 stars maybe 2.5 stars it also said there was 6 bars and 6 restaurants only 1 bar and 1 very bad self service buffet the food was cold all the time we and others told the staff they did nothing about it room were basic no entertainment take my advise look else were

Room Tip: dont go look for another hotel have been to sharm 7 times this was our worst stay in 7years
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank william w
SolYMarRivaWorldGM, General Manager at Riva Mar, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to research our hotels.

We would like to inform you that, as of 3rd October 2012, Sol Y Mar will no longer be managing the Riva World Hotels of Riva Mar, Riva Beach and Riva Club.

We look forward to welcoming you to any other of our extensive range of hotels here in Egypt, with Sol Y Mar, Iberotel or Jaz.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

As the title suggests this is definitely not a 5 star resort, we stayed for 2 weeks and even though we had paid all inclusive we ate out probably about 8 or 9 times during our stay.

The food is awful, every day there is pretty much the same things to choose from, mainly rice and chicken which looks like it has been hacked to pieces and is full of bones. The food is over salty and otherwise tastless. There is a pasta station offering just a plain tomato sauce which seemed to be nothing more than lukewarm tinned tomatoes. There are lots of salads on offer which are nicely presented but seemed to me to be a concoction of left over food from previous days - I swear one day there was a beetroot and breakfast cereal salad which I had first thought was chickpeas but I can only describe it as those corn puff cereals that they serve at breakfast! The toaster at breakfast doesn't work properly (only 1 out of the heated bars worked) and I sent a piece of bread round at least 6 times and it was barely warm never mind toasted. The only edible thing we found at breakfast was the omlettes which are made fresh but the fillings are left out in the sun all morning and go a bit crusty around the edges.

The rooms are basic but rather dated and shoddy, the lamp by the beds had no bulb in it and our minifridge didn't work. It took us 3 days to get it fixed after we complained at the reception. The beds are nice and comfy and the cleaner did a great job, he even left us a towel crocodile and a monkey swinging in the bathroom!

The beach is the best thing about the hotel - on the doorstep and lovely. There were always plenty of sun beds and towels. The beach bar did nice pizza and chips at lunchtime.

The drinks are very hit and miss. The beer was sometimes served in plastic cups as small as shotglasses (my partner had to get 4 at a time!). Cocktails were OK but there was no list of available cocktails or drinks and when you asked for the same cocktail twice you often got something completely different. The small lobby bar was the main bar in the resort and it often ran out of supplies. There was a small nightclub upstairs which some nights did not open and drinks in here were charged extra (even before 12 if there was a 'show' on so you had to walk all the way down the stairs to the lobby bar to get a drink then back up again).

The 'shows' at night were very mediocre, we only went to a couple and lost interest. The same shows were repeated every few days or so and very little effort was put into them.

The other restaurants in the complex did not open other than the seafood restaurant which I heard really bad reviews about from other guests. It was expensive to eat there and I thought if I was paying to eat I would rather go out of the complex to guarantee a good meal! The Champagne bar was never open and the Casino didn't even look finished.

I thought other reviews on here were from people being picky but seriously they are completely accurate. If you are looking for a 5 star break I would advise you not to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jandmsheff

Reviewed November 22, 2011

As the title of my review suggests, I wouldn't normally have the time or the inclination to write a review on here, however, given that I have just returned from such a shoddy holiday, I wouldn't want anyone else to have to suffer the horrors of the Sol Y Mar...

General comments:

The food is awful; absolutely no variety and it was neither warm, nor fresh. I was ill after my first day, so we ended up sticking to pasta for the rest of the week - complete carb overload! The only thing worth recommending was the pizza by the beach bar, but even then, you have to fight your way past the Russians who are on the whole, obnoxiously rude.

The staff are generally pretty friendly, although the Egyptian waiters / bar staff are very sleazy and as we travelled as 3 mid-20s girls, we were pretty much hassled everywhere we went. This was amusing at first, but after a week of being asked to marry / kiss them, it gets a bit tiresome that you can't have any peace and quiet. Half the waiting staff appear to be searching for a British wife (you can use this to your advantage to get better service from them!), but on the whole, I would suggest to any female travellers not with partners to talk about your boyfriend at home, as it is the only way to be left alone!

We had an issue with our room when we arrived (they only provided 2 beds for 3 of us!) and when we complained to reception, they just laughed at us. Funnily enough, I am pretty sure we wouldn't have been treated this way if we were men or had had a male in our party. I also get the impression that most British guests complain in some form, so I imagine they are fairly immune to it by now.

On the whole, the rooms are pretty basic - we were lucky to find ours was fairly clean, in comparison to others staying in the hotel from those we chatted to. However, as they do not have triple rooms, my friend had to sleep on a camp bed for the week, I would hardly deem this worthy of a 5* rating, nor a suitable alternative for a professional woman on holiday! The towel art however was definitely a highlight! We had swans with sunglasses on, sailing boats and on the last day, a crocodile - it wasn't exactly compensation for the overall experience, but still made us laugh!

All of the overall hotel facilities are incredibly basic and shockingly dirty. The main hotel and beach toilets that you use during the day are absolutely appalling. Every day, they were not clean (full of excrement smeared around the loos, bins overflowing, soiled knickers discarded on the floor, you name it!) I was genuinely shocked at the awful hygiene standards of fellow guests / how the hotel did not seem to care that the facilities were left in this way!

The pool is nice and there are plenty of sunbeds / towels to go round, however the animation / entertainments team are pretty annoying - you get hassled all the time to join in and the music is on so loud that you can't really relax.

The bars frequently run out of supplies, and as mentioned above, you are permanently battling with the Russians (who dominate this hotel), who push their way to the front of the queue, have no respect to anyone around them (fellow guests or staff) and just want to drink the place dry.

I have stayed in plenty of other all-inclusive hotels in the past (including others in Sharm) and this is by far, the worst I have ever experienced. I read the reviews on here before I left and put it down to pedantic / picky people who cannot be pleased, but on reflection, their descriptions are thoroughly accurate. You could definitely get a better deal elsewhere so save your money!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
9  Thank LCO23

Reviewed November 7, 2011

it was ok, relatively clean and comfortable.the food wasnt great,every day the same, we even thought there were some leftovers from the previous day.loved the swimming pool.the stuff were ok, not very professional though, but nice and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex D

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I flew to Sharm El Shiekh for a business trip for a 5-6 night stay. I checked with the hotel, they assured they are a five star hotel. Upon arrival all I did was shower change and head out for my meeting. However, the hotel is around 30 mins drive from the airport and I took a taxi from the airport for USD 13.5. It's location is ok. Upon entering the hotel, I found something like an indoor decorative swimming pool, but instead of the water, it was empty and littered. Some of the staff seemed on their way to clean it, but till the very second day it was still empty but cleaned yet uncomfortable to the eyes. As you enter the lobby you see the 3 or 4 level of the hotel and each level is comprised of 2-3 different bright colors; which I found quite irritating. I arrived at check-in time and waited at least for 2 hours to check-in and was close to missing my meeting. Upon check in I asked the reception if this is a 5 star hotel and he confirmed, although he seemed hesitant and surely it's not even remotely close to being one. The room is small, it had 2 small beds. Air conditioning forced an environment of either being too cold or too hot. The furniture is too colorful with a low grade and quality, as it disabled a relaxed environment. At noon I went down stairs to have my espresso, I booked all inclusive package and had the yellow wrist band on. The bar tender asked me to pay in cash and signing for the room is not possible. I was confused for a minute then some tourists sitting by the bar made sure I stood corrected and that my drink has already been paid for and this is basically some kind of scam. Breakfast, launch and dinner were very bad from both perspectives of quality and variety. Dinner was a mirror image of launch. I tried room service and asked for fruits, ice cream and espresso, but non was available.There is no in room coffee, tea and nor a water boiler. I couldn't bare the hotel and checked-out the very next morning to another hotel for my upcoming 5-6 days stay in Sharm El Shiekh

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business