Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beach Resort & Casino(Sharm El Sheikh)
Club(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Gafy Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Oonas Dive Club Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Albostan Park Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Al Bostan Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroyal sonestanaama bayamazing hotelspecial thanksanimation teampoolssunbedssharmholidaybidetguyswaiterssunbathing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Got back from this hotel 8th June, perfect stay.

The hotel looks just like the official website, it's clean, staff are friendly, everyone is willing to help if needed & the service is 100%.
I would stay here again for sure, it's perfect for a couples or a group of friends.

Location is perfect you can walk to Namma bay in 15mins or get a cab for £3 (max 300 Egyptian pound)

It's the best option out of the Sonesta collection as I have stayed at Sonesta beach before.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank S L
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for this lovely review , we are happy you enjoyed your time and had a great vacation , we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I am writing this as I sit by the pool having a fabulous time. The staff are so attentive they just cannot do enough for you. It is so hot how they keep smiling I do not know. From the pool bar to La Gondala, they never stop morning,noon & all night. Ashref at night just never stops anytime you may wander out, he's cleaning something somewhere. The food has been marvelous cooked freshly for you, if you require anything special just mention it to a member of staff, it instantly happens. The rooms are plenty big enough kept clean daily spotless. I am so dismayed to read the report before mine, all food is cooked properly & washed with bottled water. Sometimes not enough water or non fizzy drinks in this heat causes people problems. Nothing to do with the hotel.

Sometimes things go wrobg on any holiday but if your not happy with something tell the hotel & let them try & sort it out, believe me they bend over backwards here to make your time a healthy & happy one. BUT they need to know your problems if you have any.

Room Tip: We always have ground floor if we can around byblos pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank john p
sonestasharm, General Manager at Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear John,

Thank you for the review and I totally agree with you that even though we try to get everything just perfect, when something does go a little bit wrong, let us know and we’ll fix it. Immediately.

I’m delighted that you had such a “happy holiday” – that’s exactly how it should be and if there’s anything we can do to improve your experience just do what John says and let us know.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Myself my husband and 15 year old step son stayed at this hotel for a week commencing 25/05/2014.
We had previously stayed at the Sonesta beach the previous year and had a really good holiday. Whilst staying at the Sonesta we had a look around Le Royale and we were very impressed and decided to book for this year.
On arrival we were impressed with the cold cloths and cocktail and we were shown to our room which was very nice although not big enough for 3 of us basically they had just added a camp bed in the corner which isn't really suitable for a 15 year old to sleep in for a week.
The pools are lovely and very clean, the pool man is a lovely friendly chap who is always smiling and can't do enough for you, with his friendly manner he should be running the place. He was also clearing glasses away from the pool area while the bar staff just stood around talking.
The hotel was extremely quiet and there was nothing for a teenager to do at all.
There was no drinks service around the pool,even though there was nothing for the bar staff to do as there were few customers.
At the pool bar they do a lunch menu and the burgers are lovely, but the staff seem reluctant to serve you and the menus are well hidden.They are meant to serve lunch between 12.30pm and 4pm but on one occasion there was no chef until 1.30pm. I also asked for some fries at 3.30pm and was told that it was too late ! I asked if it was 4pm and they said no and they reluctantly served me.
On one morning I asked for 2 coffees at 7.30 am the bar man asked me to wait 5 minutes (there was only me there) I replied yes no problem, then I saw him go to the lobby bar and pull a sunbed out ! why he couldn't have done that after he had served my coffees I don't know.
The food in the hotel was ok it was nice and hot and a good selection. We did have the Indian menu one night and it was lovely although the equivalent of £19 in English pounds without rice for a king prawn curry I thought a bit overpriced.
Overall,apart from our room cleaner the pool man and 2 staff in the Casablanca the staff do not go out of their way, even though the hotel was quiet it's just like they couldn't be bothered.
We did get an invite to the managers cocktail party which we attended and not one of the managers came over to ask if we were having a good time even though the manager of Le Royale was standing behind us.
On the 5th day of the holiday my husband and step son became very poorly with suspected food poisoning for two days they hardly ate anything and they could not venture out as they had to be near the bathroom. We have now been home 5 days and my husband is still poorly and has had to stay off work he has had to see our GP and they have had to do tests we have not had the results as yet.
I did notice that in the pool bar they do was the salad in the sink with tap water !
On the whole the holiday was disappointing and the extra money to stay in? Le Royale as opposed to the Sonesta Beach is certainly not worth it.
I'm sorry to give a disappointing review as we were really looking forward to this holiday .
We won't be returning.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
sonestasharm, General Manager at Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Clearly we did not meet your expectations in several areas during your recent holiday with us and I am sorry that you were disappointed.

The room you booked was probably not the best choice in retrospect and I think you may like to discuss this with your travel agent who would have full specifications of all of our rooms. This simple style camp bed is indeed there for the much younger child and would not be at all suitable for a 15 year-old. If we had been informed in advance of his age we would not have made these arrangements. I do hope you asked for it to be changed.

Le Royale Sonesta itself is not designed with the 15 year-old in mind but our sister hotels, the Sonesta Club (where you stayed before) and the Sonesta Beach have more activities and animation that your stepson would have enjoyed. Again, I hope you eventually found this to be the case.

The service that you encountered is not the normal service for which we have been praised time and time again on this forum and I do apologise if you were less than satisfied with one or two of our staff. I have passed your comments on to the various department heads and they will immediately put in place the appropriate measures to ensure that there is no repetition of this poor service.

I do hope that your husband and your step son have fully recovered from their illness and have no lasting ill-effects. However, I can reassure you that we use filtered water in the bars and this is perfectly acceptable for washing salad. We have not had any other reported cases of gastric problems in recent weeks so it could well be something that they picked up outside the hotel.

Please wish them well for us.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed 14 - 21 may at this hotel. We usually stay in the sister hotel Sonesta Beach (another great hotel) but having met some guests last year that were staying in Le Royale we decided to try this hotel as we got the best of both worlds.

Rooms are stunning in this hotel, we had room 5159 on the 1st floor overlooking the pool and pool bar. Bathroom has a double sink and walk in shower enclosure. Towels changed when you wanted them changed. Lots of storage and drawers and a huge double wardrobe with plenty coat hangers. Dvd player with huge flat screen telly, not too many english speaking channels but enough to always find something to watch. Beds are absolutely huge and very very soft. Rooms cleaned every day to a high standard and toiletries replaced regularly throughout our stay. Room cleaner...sorry can't remember his name...was amazing always checking to see if we needed anything. We got a huge bunch of flowers delivered to the room on the first night too.

Food is very varied and there a plenty of choices of restaurants to eat in. Always found something to eat and there is room service available too. We mainly used La Gondola but every lunch we stayed at the Byblos Pool Bar where they serve the most amazing burgers ever. There are also Panini's and salads etc you can get off the menu. All the food is freshly prepared by the chef and is really really good. There are plenty of takeaway food places to order from who will deliver to your hotel...mc donalds..pizza hut etc all are really cheap. Neama Bay is only a 15 minute walk along the promenade or a 2 min taxi ride up the road costs about £2 if you want to eat out. There are lots of bars and nightclubs in the bay if u go you must try Zsa Zsa bar..amazing cocktails with a show every night, belly dancer, traditional egyptian dancing and the fire twirling guys are amazing!

Finally the staff (all apart from 1 who i'll get to in a minute)...these guys absolutely make this hotel what it is. Ayman the pool man , so friendly and always had our towels out in the morning, always laughing and smiling a total pleasure to meet. The restaurant staff in the Citadel, La Gondola & Tandoori...Big shout out to Wagdy, "mohammed" (nasim), and young Hady. Chef in the Gondola makes the best morning omelette ever!! Lovely to see our friend Ibrahim n the Lobby Bar, we met him at the Cactus bar 6 months ago, just a lovely guy. Greeting at reception when we checked in was by a lovely young man called Ibrahim, we were made to feel very welcome from the start and were brought some fresh strawberry and mango iced drinks. A few days later we went down to book a late checkout room as our flight was not till 9pm and were told we would be getting the room till 6pm complimentary, we were quite prepared to pay as we always book late checkout in the Sonesta but what a lovely gesture. We asked Ibrahim to call our taxi company 2 days before leaving to arrange our pick up time to go back to the airport and taxi was booked for us. While we were there the clocks changed an hour but Ibrahim said don't worry the taxi company will call if the time has to be adjusted for you. On the last day we went down to reception as we hadn't heard from the taxi company and knew the time had to be adjusted by an hour so we didn't arrive at airport too early....well it was another member of staff on reception this day and well i have no words...without swearing a little...to describe this little upstart!! We asked him to call our taxi company and revise the pick up time
for us and were told oh well it's your own fault you booked it for the wrong time so now you will have to pay...do you want to pay for a taxi or a limousine....eh no you idiot just call the taxi company and adjust the time for an hour thankyou!! While waiting on him finishing the call he then turns to us and says "oh i see you have complimentary late check out, you only got this because you are 2 girls"....at this point i was dragged away from reception by my best friend as you know whats coming after saying that to 2 glasgow girls!!! So for the sake of this hotel i would strongly recommend placing this member of staff in an area where he doesn't come in contact with the guests. I was only reading a few reviews ago that someone else also had this problem at reception with the same member of staff about the same thing. WE DID NOT ASK to be given a free late check out and as such, never mind the sexist comment, don't expect to be treated as if we begged for free stuff. Ibrahim Othman...remember the name and avoid if you can at reception!!!! Oh and by the way we left reception not knowing if our taxi had been ordered for the right time or not and had to ask another member of staff (Khallil) to call them for us to make sure.

Last but by no means least...the Byblos Pool Bar staff...AMAZING!!!!!
Ahmed, "Whistler" & Khallil what an amazing trio they are especially Khallil he made our stay fantastic. Absolutely nothing too much trouble, always smiling, singing and dancing away.

Big shout to all the staff in the Sonesta too as all the staff in both hotels work incredibly hard to make sure you have a good time. We are always greeted with welcome home which is lovely. We will definately be going back to Le Royale as we had a great time there meeting old and new friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Vikki C

Dear Vikki,

Thank you so much for such a detailed and comprehensive account of your stay at Le Royale Sonesta. I am absolutely delighted that you had a look at it last time you were in Sharm and decided to stay here this time and thoroughly enjoyed your time. It was obviously the best decision for you.

With regard to the particular member of staff with whom you were not so impressed, I have passed your comments on to the Front Office Manager who will ensure that there is no repeat of this kind of service, which unfortunately falls well below the standards which are insisted upon by the Sonesta Group and which are expected by our valued guests. Please accept my apologies and assurances that you will not be subjected to this level of service again in a Sonesta Hotel.

Having said that, I am grateful that you appear to have accepted it as a minor aberration in an otherwise flawless service and I thank you for that.

I look forward to welcoming you back here in the not-too-distant future to ensure you get the best of the best.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Came to Le Royale for my 25th birthday with my partner in February and loved the hotel! Staff are great, always greeted with friendly smiles and I got a birthday cake too!

The chef prepared a special Indian meal on my birthday at the Gondalla and we loved it!

All the staff were very friendly! The security guard (inbetween Sonesta Beach and Le Royale) was always greeting us by standing and having a chat.

Amr and Khalil at the pool bar were great and always up for a laugh.

As we are vegetarian we were having similar food throughout our stay, but a word with the manager (Taha), in the reception, and he made a call and that all changed.

Will definately come back again.

Room Tip: Go for the swim-up room! Well worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KHalai
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear KHalai

Thank you for your nice review , we are happy you enjoyed your time and had a nice stay with your partner , we are also thankful that we contributed in making your birthday a memorable one . We hope to host yo again soon