Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$71
$65
$82
$42
  • Pool
$182
$135
Hotels.com
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
$92
$50
$70
$55
  • Breakfast included
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
$23
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence(Sharm El Sheikh)
$92
$70
$50
$38
  • Pool
$77
Travelocity
Domina Coral Bay Oasis(Sharm El Sheikh)
$104
$35
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroyal sonestanaama bayamazing hotelspecial thanksanimation teampoolssunbedssharmholidaybidetguyswaiterssunbathing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

What can be said that we haven't said already. This place pushes all our buttons in everyway! Second visit in six months and going back for a third shortly enough said!

There is no point in waxing lyrical just go and enjoy.

In order that we ensure that we don't miss any thankyous to all the hard working guys that make the place what it is here goes. Thanks to Mohammed, Mohammed, Mohammed, Mohammed, Mohammed, Mohammed, Abdel, Abdel and of course Taha! May goodness shine on you all see you soon.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jezdeb
badramani, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Jezdeb,

It is great to know that you are visiting us for the second time in such a short period , we are very happy and proud of our staff because they helped in making you feel comfortable , we will thank our team for you and be sure they will be happy to see you for the third time

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have been on holiday to Sharm many times & can honestly say we love the place. The people of Egypt are lovely people to spend time with. Having stayed at the Sonesta Beach three times before my husband decided to surprise me with a return early March, this time to Le Royale. It was heaven. From the way you are greeted on arrival with the fruit cocktail & the very refreshing face cloths. The reception staff smiling & very efficient. Before you know it your in the very clean large room. The added touch of the fresh fruit platter is very nice & welcoming.
My husband had e.mailed before hand requesting a ground floor room leading onto one of the pools, when the patio door was opened our terrace was oh so large with our own relaxing sunbeds. I must thank Ayamn Saad who made it possible. That was the icing on the cake for me.

From day one we were made to feel so relaxed,the staff at Le-Royale cannot do enough for you, from the fluffy towels put onto the sunbeds every morning to the cappachino on tap. I have a problem with being intolerrant to fat, the hotel made sure I had skimmed milk behind the bar & a carton in our room,they only haved to be informed & they make every effort to have it right for you. Oh did I say the supplied slippers are really warm soft & comfortable when the winter evening goes a bit chilly, My only thought to the rooms, maybe a rug on the marble floor might be nice, the bed, well is so comfortable you never want to get out of it, I could have took it home.

I don't think we can put individual names down for recommendation, everybody in the complex deserves a very well done & thankyou. The cleaners work efficiently behind the scenes to make all correct in your room,reception & behind the bars down to the gardeners clipping & cleaning all day everyday, the bar & dining staff to the chefs. Every morning though the chef at Le Gondola would make my husband a wonderful breakfast, what it was I know not, but he enjoyed every drop of it with the chef smiling on looking.
I always managed to find something to eat, the salad crisp &freshly prepared every meal, I only wish I could have tried the deserts but I have it on very good authority (my husband) the food was wonderful. The deserts where to die for. Everywhere was so clean. As I said ALL the staff work very efficiently,quietly behind the scenes. I have raived so much since being home our very good friends are going to book for next year & I would tell everybody to go to Le Royale, but then there will not be enough rooms left for us when we want to go again, because go we will be back.. infact we will not stay anywhere else now.

We met some really wonderful people whilst we where there, Debbis & Dunc, sorry never got your names (Mr & Mrs Elgin) my hubby's nickname for them, A very lovely Dutch couple, We must say hello to Fadi & his family, thankyou all for making our holiday a very memorable one.

To all the staff at Le-Royale thankyou for being very proffessional at all times, friendly without being overbearing, the smiles on your faces everymorning or evening we felt were genuine.

I would recommend you all to go, you will not regret it
From Mr & Mrs John.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same size. All the rooms are quiet. a/c no problem with noise more sun for longer 1st & 2nd floors
4  Thank HappyatMexicans
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Have just returned from a lovely holiday with fantastic weather.From entering Le Royale one could not fail to be impressed with its appearance.Everything spotlessly clean and a wonderful greeting.We were given a cocktail, and booked in with no fuss and extreme efficiency.Mohammed El Said, who is the greatest asset the hotel could have, then took us to our rooms which were exactly as we had requested and more.The rooms are so beautifully furnished and equiped and again so clean. Beds and pillows so comfortable and I think the best we have had in Egypt.The pool attendant Mohammed, at the Byblos pool,is a wonderful worker and does all he can to make your stay perfect, as are the Security Guards between the two complexes. Again the maintainance staff are very efficient and come as soon as they are required.Now to our only area of disappointment - dining! at the La Gondola. It is the first hotel we have been to where one has to go outside to collect your main meal ( other than for a bar-b-que) which to my mind creates a lot of people wandering in and out.The food was of a great standard, thank you Khaled, but sadly on three occasions was cold, all of it! The biggest problem is the lack of waiters.There were too few of them trying to cope with too many people, and their individual requests.They should not have to be responsible for filling up the depleted food as well as trying to clear and set up tables. Here again the hardest worker was Mohammed Moustaffa who tried to fulfill everyones needs. All the staff are so friendly and kind and go out of their way to help.Come on Le Royale - with just a little more thought this really could be the five star that it is billed as !! Our thanks to the Reception Staff who did all they could to help in many ways and attended to our needs, efficiently and courteously and to the Manager,Taha Messed, for facilitating my pre arrival requests.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be of a similar standard.Room 5155 gets the afternoon sun and overlooks the Byblos pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel or its staff to fellow holiday makers. It is the perfect hotel to be relaxed, chilled and spoilt. The staff cannot do enough for you and are there on hand with a friendly smile. We stayed in a room around the Babylon bar and pool , which we nicknamed Mohammeds pool. He took such great care of this area. The bar is open 24 hrs but is not noisy. The staff are amazing!! The hotel itself has 10 pools, some are heated and all are spotlessly clean. The rooms are very elegant with quality fuirniture and a superking bed which was so comfortable, sheets were changed everyday. The food was very good with plenty of choice, I would recommend dining at the Tandoori restaurant!!!! I would recommend the "Le Royal" part of Sonesta Beach for couples, mature groups and older families and the other Sonesta Beach part of the hotel for families with smaller children. I would not hesitate in going here again and actually had a little weep when I had to check out :-(((

1  Thank Sharron9966
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the Sonesta last year and was impressed with the hotel but took note of the reviews of Le Royale which is a semi secret area within the same complex. Le Royale is without doubt a fantastic hotel with better quality furnishings, pool area and facilitating the ability to relax. It is a higher standard than the norm and well worth the extra. We had emailed the hotel in advance with our room preference and for a Taxi pick up which were both managed to our expectation. Mohamed Hassan and Ibrahim Hiekel at reception were great, always smiling and managed my many requests, including arranging delivery of Anniversary flowers to the room. Special thanks to Mohamed Elsaid whose unique style of showing you your room and the hotel facilities was not just entertaining but informative. Room 5053 has many advantages (own sun beds, large patio area, same level as pool and gets late sun). Apologies for not getting his name but the pool attendant was brilliant in making sure everything was ok. Service from the 24 hour (yes thats not a mistype) 24 hr bar was exceptional and the bar food just awesome. As I am talking food the La Gondola offered excellant choice and so much good food I ended up have little bits of everything. The Spinach in cream was to die for, Chef Khaled has certainly brought a high standard to this restaurant. Location is good and we regularly walked into Narma Bay along the front. Special event at the hotel was the Seafood meal at the beach bar which offered lobster, salmon, and mega prawns mixed with Spanish Guitarist, belly dancer and a dervish. We will be going back, without question as it is hard to beat perfection, well you could by offering wine outside of meal times but that is a very minor niggle on an very well run hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms 2051, 2053, 2055 all offer bigger patio area and get late sun
3  Thank HarryandSueWigan