My wife and I stayed at Stella di Mare for the Christmas/New Year holidays period. However our main event was our Wedding Anniversary and we tried to find the right place for this occassion. We stopped our choice on Stella mostly because of the positive reviews posted on Tripadvisor. Before we put our story here we would like to mention that we travel a lot, visited many countries and during last years preferred staying at 5 star and 5 star deluxe hotels. Based on our previous travel experience we have made our impression. We will try to be as objective as the individual can be, and start with pluses.
So, we liked:
1. Location. It takes only about 5-7 minutes by taxi or by bus to get right to the centre of Naama Bay with its shops, lights, disco etc...At the same time the hotel is not too near to the sounds of night life (just close the window). The hotel has free shuttle to Naama Bay. You should book in advance at consierge service. The taxi to Naama is about 4 usd from the Hotel and from 2 usd back as you manage to agree.
2. Hotel design/decoration and territory planning. A lot of natural stone is used in the hotel decoration. There are also mosaic elements, artificial pond with small fishes near the main restaurants, waterfalls and caves on the territory, the grass fields...That all was really nice. The territory is not big but very competently thought over.
3. Pools/Beach sand . The water temperature at pools was warm enough for comfort swimming. The sunbeds are new and comfortable. Sometimes it was difficult to have place at the beach pool, however most of the time we could find the free sunbeds. The beach we could not appreciate enough since the swimming was prohibited. However, we should state that the sand is very good and clean. There is also little sea access where you can splash yourself. There are 2 pontoons however...no swimming.
4. SPA facilities were very good. We liked spending our time after sunset in SPA complex. The SPA pool is open till 8 p.m and has jets, jacuzzi and geysers. We lied in very warm water in bubbles staring stars. The massages are good. The price is about 70-100 usd depending on the massage. The SPA has also saunas, steam bath and a kind of tepidarium.
5. Towels. No problem with beach towels. You do not need to have some card to obtain it. You just come and take, go away and leave it on sunbeds. If you need you can get 2 or 3 ones.
6. Compliments from the Hotel like fruits on the beach, sunglasses cleaning, desserts to the room, chocolates before going asleep delivered to your room by housekeeping, complimentary water, tea/coffee in most of the rooms. We appreciated it all.
7. Very good sport animation. Very good. Thank you ,young ladies, who conducted stretching, belly dance, water gym, aerobics in the sport gym. Thank you very much. In general, the hotel is rather active on the sports point of view. Guests spend a lot of time in the sport gym, and the sport activities are very popular (we also should mention water volleyball, darts, bocha etc). The whole sport team is very friendly, proffesional.
8. Good knowledge of the English language. Nearly the whole staff speaks good English which is very pleasant.
9. The Senior Personnel (Terrazza restaurant Chef, Bar Chef, La Scogliera Chef, FB Chef) is very professional and effective. Thank you to La Scogliera Chef for our best ever Romantic Dinner. It was great, the stars were bright, the food was delicious, the music romantic, the service brilliant, the whole atmosphere - immaculate. The guest relation ladies are also professional and efficient enough.
10. Mattresses in the rooms are very comfortable/ Towels quality is rather good/ sleepeing set cotton is very nice and silky.
We did NOT like.
1. The hotel is new, but promptly grows decrepit. Poor quality of some materials used in furnish as well as of repair work itself.
2. Super Deluxe conception. We were very dissapointed with Super Deluxe Room choice. We beleive this concept is some kind of marketing course to position this room categoryt as more expensive. The good location of this room category is rather disputable, the view is average and the conveniences and size does not differ from just Deluxe Room. Please note that Super Deluxe rooms are situated on the ground and first floors of the main building (may be there are also some in bungalows), so the view from the rooms which are located at the higher level is much better not saying about noise. The compliments from the hotel for this room category are not enough to justify the higher price. We dare to recomment Deluse Sea View Rooms.
3. Room. The room itself is nice and cosy, not big but sorry to repeat- the repair materials quality is not good, the bath was scratched, there were signs of silicon around the bath which had the impression of old bath. We were surprised with the absence of blanket covers, also there were only 3 pillows (more logically to have 2+2). The pillows itself are of bad quality and rather inconvenient. To our request to grant us other pillows (since my wife had neck pains sleeping on her pillow) we were told that there are no other pillows at the hotel. In our Super Deluxe concept we, do not know why, were given the room with the connecting door to another room. Sound insulation was very bad. Once I woke up in horror because somebody talked in our room, just near me. It occured, however, that there was a conversation in the neighbour room. Very unpleasant. We were forced to wake up when the first nearest neigbour decided to start his day! Great request to the Hotel Management to put into the room the full Hotel Directory with the description of the Hotel services and facilities, restaurants working hours and as the most important - phone numbers of the according services.
4. Food variety. The food quality was good and the buffet had european style, however the variety was not obviously enough (in comparison with our previouse experience at 5 star hotels, including Egypt). The dishes repeated very often.Only the Cristmas and New Year dinners could be considered as some kind of approach to the standarts of ordinary dinners which we had in other hotels of Egypt. Many years ago when we were younger and could afford ourselves only 4 star hotels we had in Egypt better food variety than we had here. To be fair, I repeat once again that the food quality was good for us and the dishes were tasty and nicely decorated. I speak only about variety and possibility of choice.
5. SPA. The choice of SPA treatments could be better, there were also no any SPA packages like in other hotels. The Gym needs more equipment (more sports benches and free weights). Changing (locker) rooms in SPA are inconvenient, there are even no benches to sit. The shower is very uncomfortable, small and combined with toilet on some reason. The SPA zone has only one standart shower, with not enough light, with no shelves for shampoo etc, pressure of water is very bad. We should mention that the SPA zone is very clean, there are many free towels and bath amenities (shampoo, body wash, lotion).
6. Service, The Service is that we liked less in the Hotel. Some personnel of the lowest link practice some kind of small racket to the tourist demanding as the presents their belongings. Most of the waiters in the main restaurant and lobby are not friendly, inefficient and slow enough. I was really surprised since in Egypt the staf is usually very hospitable. As the example, in the first evening we ordered during the dinner 2 glasses of wine and were served during 20-25 minutes, Also you can sit in lobby bar during 30 minutes (one day we even checked with our watch as experiment) and nobody comes to you to ask if you would like something to drink. Also, you can order cocktail and wait until you remind. We decided it possibly was because of our all-inclusive concept. In whole the efficiency of the personnel of this level leaves much to be desired. On the contrary, the personnel of the higher level solves your problems quickly and professionally. On this aspect their work is splendid. However, we think that the most important part of their work is not in solving problems but in no problems. Again, to be fair, not at once but at least to the 3rd day of our staying we were lucky with the service in the main restaurant since one waiter was friendly and proffesional (feel sorry that did not ask his name) and we tried to sit to the area where he served.
7. ALL Inclusive system. First of all, we do not understand why it is called DE LUXE all-inclusive. We were dissappointed with the quality of alcohol spirits. You can drink beer and white wine - the quality is good. Other spirits - vodka and whiskey (we tried it once) - are of low quality and really terrible, impossible to drink. Also we did not like that you can order only one glass of wine/beer at a time, and until you drink it you will not have more. Apparently, it is called DELUXE ALL. However, it may be a plus - alcohol is harmful to your health. We also tried to eat ALL inclusive dinner at La Scogliera restaurant (there are 2 menu there - 1 a'la carte, you pay for it and 1 for all inclusive guests) and did not like the food. I even do not know if to recommend somebody to buy ALL basis. However, I should mention that the prices for drinks and food are rather expensive, to our opinion.
8. Lack of Information. During one day there was no hot water and the guests were not informed in any way of the reasons and duration of this problem. You should call and ask. In general, the guest relation has many job - the information system on the Hotel and for example ALL/HB basis, about any events and entertainments is not good. The ladies are always answering the questions.
So, as a summary. The Hotel makes double impression as you can see from the number of pluses and minuses. It has good location and well-organised territory. It has good facilities. It has some signs which could have 5 star hotel of the deluxe class, you can see it from our story. On the other hand, the Management should work more with the service, much more. The rooms soon need reconstruction. We cannot put or not put 5 or 4 or 3 stars. If Stella has 5 stars it is a 5 star hotel. We have made our choice on Stella when it had 3 in popularity index of the Sharm hotels. The present 41st place of Tripadvisor rating seems more fair to us than the previous one. That is why we write the review as great dissapointment - we bought the trip the 3rd hotel and had a rest at 41. May be if the previous rating would not be as high we were not so strict to the hotel and considered it as the ordinary good one.
We liked our holidays since we had wonderful time with each other, we met interesting people and tried to be very active in sports, and we are grateful to the Hotel for this possibility. We wish the Management big success and hope the serious work will be made to achieve the immaculate quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious 5-star full resort is located nearest to Naama Bay. Gourmet dining, expert diving lessons, and evening entertainment, all with stunning views of the Red Sea. The rooms at Stella di Mare Beach Hotel and Spa feature a contemporary design, and are fully modern with flat screen TVs. Each room includes a private balcony or terrace. Stella di Mare has a state-of-the-art PADI diving center and training facilities on-site. A lavish 600 square meter spa and Wellness Center offers guests full relaxation. Saunas, steam baths, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi are available. Guests can swim in the Stella di Mare's grand outdoor pool, with panoramic views of the surrounding area. The Stella's acclaimed a la carte restaurants offer a variety of dishes from Mediterranean cuisine to Sushi, all prepared by a team of highly-trained international chefs. We also offer guests the chance to play golf on our fantastic short course. Guest's can play whilst enjoying spectacular views of the clear blue sea and can also benefit from our professional golf instructor. The Stella di Mare Beach Hotel and Spa also provides its own evening entertainment program, featuring local Egyptian belly-dancers and international singers nightly. The Resort is located just 10 km from Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport. Free parking is available on-site. Hotel Rooms: 298. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel And Spa
- Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh