Don't believe the hype. This hotel has some serious problems. We booked this on the strength of the Tripadvisor reviews. Having just returned I noticed Tripadvisor have put a big warning on this hotel and I can see why.
The hotel itself is actually not too bad, it's well maintained. The pools are nice. The sea is right there. What is not so great is the fact we had to move twice to get a decent night's sleep. Although they did upgrade us (twice), the simple fact is once I get to my room I don't really want to pack my stuff up and hike over to another part of the complex.
The real problem with this hotel are the staff. Every single time you have to interact with any member of staff there seemed to be a problem. From a simple question to room service to the can't be bothered to serve you attitude in the restaurant. It felt like if I could do something without having to involve the staff in any way, then all to the better. Some were rude, others just deliberately deceitful (pretending they don't have change on the beach for drinks when really what they want is a tip). Not all staff were in this category but a good portion.
Although the buffet food was better than average and we got what we wanted from the trip (sun in the winter) I would give this hotel a wide berth. Definitely not what it says on the tin. 5 Star? Try 3 and a half and that's on a good day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious 5-star full resort is located nearest to Naama Bay. Gourmet dining, expert diving lessons, and evening entertainment, all with stunning views of the Red Sea. The rooms at Stella di Mare Beach Hotel and Spa feature a contemporary design, and are fully modern with flat screen TVs. Each room includes a private balcony or terrace. Stella di Mare has a state-of-the-art PADI diving center and training facilities on-site. A lavish 600 square meter spa and Wellness Center offers guests full relaxation. Saunas, steam baths, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi are available. Guests can swim in the Stella di Mare's grand outdoor pool, with panoramic views of the surrounding area. The Stella's acclaimed a la carte restaurants offer a variety of dishes from Mediterranean cuisine to Sushi, all prepared by a team of highly-trained international chefs. We also offer guests the chance to play golf on our fantastic short course. Guest's can play whilst enjoying spectacular views of the clear blue sea and can also benefit from our professional golf instructor. The Stella di Mare Beach Hotel and Spa also provides its own evening entertainment program, featuring local Egyptian belly-dancers and international singers nightly. The Resort is located just 10 km from Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport. Free parking is available on-site. Hotel Rooms: 298. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel And Spa