I am very particular about hotels and looked on Trip Advisor to make sure I was making a good choice so booked Stella Di Mare.
On arrival down the path to the door the hotel looks impressive. On walking into the large reception area you are met by polite staff, a cool smoothie and wonderful atmosphere.
The hotel is only around 6 months old so it is still a relatively unknown gem hence not at all crowded. All of the staff, without exception are so polite, helpful, friendly and all go the extra mile to make sure you are happy. As you sit around the pool or beach of your choice they will ask if you would like to be misted with icey water with a flower extract or offer you cold melon or drinks. The sun loungers have towels on ready for you, the attendents roll up extra towels to make you little pillows as you relax.
The spa has a free gym, jacuzzi pool with massage jets and aqua bikes. Treatments like massages are charged reasonably.
The rooms are lovely, the bed and pillows are super comfy, I didn't even look forward to my own bed when I came home!
The food is amazing. The hotel has several bars, the menus on the table explain what is included on the all inclusive option, local wines, beers including stella, local spirits, cocktails and soft drinks. There is a disco downstairs and a few shops in the hotel (the keepers in these shops will give you a little hassle, you need to haggle, start off on half of the price they offer and then work to about the middle of that price and the offered one).
We did several scuba dives with the hotel. Khalad was our diving instructor, having never been before we first did a free dive for about 5 minutes - the beaches have jettys to allow you to walk down steps into the sea filled with colourful beautiful fish. Then we did a session in the pool to learn how to operate the equipment and then a dive in the sea for about 45 mins guided by the instructor (costs about 60 euros), we went on to do another 3 open water dives with him (40 euros each). He was a great guy and really made us feel confident in the water. Highly recommended.
We also did a star gazing excursion into the desert on a camel for 45 mins (ouch!), dinner with a bedouin tribe, singing around a camp fire and then a talk about stars before observing saturn with it's rings and a close up of the moon viewed by telescopes. You even get to take a picture of your camera of the moon down the lens.
There is a free shuttle bus to Naama Bay shops and bars. One visit was enough for us. We had a smoke of the water pipe and got hassled by shop keepers.
The hotel guests are like everywhere else is Sharm El Sheikh, Brits, Russians and Italians. The Russians are as everyone describes but are ignorable!
Some things you should know before going...
We stayed all inclusive. Only one restaurant is free with this package. The food in there is buffet style but the choice is huge, varied each night and of a fantastic quality.
The all inclusive includes water and soft drinks at the mini bar in the room but not alcoholic drinks, the water is free around the pool / beach / restaurant but ONLY in a glass. You will be charged if you ask for a 'large water' as they will give you a bottle, this is 20 egyptian pounds (about £2.50).
My only criticism is that the all inclusive option should be explained as you arrive. There is a sheet but it was not clear to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious 5-star full resort is located nearest to Naama Bay. Gourmet dining, expert diving lessons, and evening entertainment, all with stunning views of the Red Sea. The rooms at Stella di Mare Beach Hotel and Spa feature a contemporary design, and are fully modern with flat screen TVs. Each room includes a private balcony or terrace. Stella di Mare has a state-of-the-art PADI diving center and training facilities on-site. A lavish 600 square meter spa and Wellness Center offers guests full relaxation. Saunas, steam baths, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi are available. Guests can swim in the Stella di Mare's grand outdoor pool, with panoramic views of the surrounding area. The Stella's acclaimed a la carte restaurants offer a variety of dishes from Mediterranean cuisine to Sushi, all prepared by a team of highly-trained international chefs. We also offer guests the chance to play golf on our fantastic short course. Guest's can play whilst enjoying spectacular views of the clear blue sea and can also benefit from our professional golf instructor. The Stella di Mare Beach Hotel and Spa also provides its own evening entertainment program, featuring local Egyptian belly-dancers and international singers nightly. The Resort is located just 10 km from Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport. Free parking is available on-site. Hotel Rooms: 298. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel And Spa
- Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh