“Excellent hotel and service!”

Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Excellent hotel and service!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed here as a couple in February for a week. The service was excellent right from the start; invited to sit in the lobby with an apple tea while we checked in. We were taken to our room which was equipped to a very good standard, with superb views over Naima Bay. The food in the main restaurant was very varied, with more options in a buffet restaurant throughout the week than we have had before. Dined in the two specialist restaurants, where the only real problem was that the meals were too big! The hotel grounds were beautifully maintained, and the pool staff couldn't do enough for you i.e. bringing towels, cleaning sunglasses and bringing water and me pieces of melon. Did a little scuba diving (should have done more) from one of the two hotel pontoons, and saw lots of different fish and a baby shark!

We stayed all inclusive, and the bar staff were great and very friendly. The choice of drinks was really good, and the locally produced drinks were of a good standard.

The hotel operates a shuttle bus into the resort, which is necessary because although the distance as the crow flies is easily do-able, it would be a long hot walk by the roads. This is through two armed check-points as well, which can be a bit disconcerting! Naima Bay has a pleasant path between bars and hotels next to the beach, but at night it has one busy street full of tourist bars which are probably best suited to groups of teens or twenty somethings.

We would thoroughly recommend the hotel for a relaxing comfortable break, and may well return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Warren N
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Warren N,
We appreciate the time taken to comment on your experience during your recent residence at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa. Your feedback underlines a wonderful experience and we are grateful for your visit and recommendation of the hotel.
We hope to have the pleasure to be of your service once again.
Best Regards
George Hanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed here for a few days after our wedding which we had in the Ritz Carlton (now the Monte Carlo). We had been through an awful time in the Ritz due to really bad service- when we left there I thought “ I will never return to Sharm ever again”. However, having checked into Stella I started to change my mind. The staff are friendly, professional and kind - they don’t hassle you which is a common occurrence in Egypt.
The food is very good, we tried the main restaurant and all the other restaurants and I think they were of great quality and variety. The hotel facilities them self are very good and perfectly kept. The pool service is quick and they are generous with the all-inclusive food/drink that you get. We often had drinks at the pool bar where we tried lots of different well-made cocktails.
Finally Mr Sherif deserves a mention - he organised a romantic seafront dinner for us having found out that we had just got married. It was magical and probably the best night of the whole time we were in Egypt. Mr Sherif was exceptionally professional and friendly and made our stay so comfortable – and has actually made us feel like we would return to Egypt again, but only to Stella. The guitar play they arranged played just for us, and the waiters really looked after us and helped take pictures while still making us feel like we had our own private space. THANK YOU - you provide a service that Egypt can we proud of. Keep up the good work.

3 Thank Menna A
Leeds
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel for 10 days. My experiences are mainly very positive although there are some negatives which I will mention.

Firstly the hotel is quite new I think only 3-4 years old. The rooms are spacious and we requested a high floor and ended up top floor with a spectacular view from our balcony. The room has everything you need and will even supply you with DVD player if you request. I think it's the first hotel I have stayed in where I was able to get the right temp from the air con to get a comfortable nights sleep.

The staff are very attentive and can not do enough for you. They try to make you feel really special.The rooms are cleaned everyday and they bring you complimentary melon and water whilst lounging round the pool which I thought was a nice touch.

We prebooked airport transfer and he was waiting for us when we arrived at the airport.

My no 1 gripe with this hotel is the wifi. Wifi is not available in your room only in the reception on floor 7 or the foyer on floor 3. I think this is really disappointing from a 5 star hotel in this day. Even then I found the internet really slow at times.

I found breakfast was good and had a nice selection although was repeatedly disappointed with lunch, I would have expected a better standard of food from a 5 star.

I have to echo an earlier review re the Russian guests. Whilst the earlier reviewer only had problems in the airport I found them very rude in the hotel. They would push in front when waiting at reception and barge round the breakfast Buffett with no manners. I also found they would reserve all the sunbeds around the pool leaving none for us when we arrived after breakfast meaning we had to sunbath in the makeshift beach and walk to the pool or get up early and also reserve beds.

I also found the 'hotel selling' whilst sunbathing a little tiresome. Each day you were visited by the animation team trying to persuade you to partake in volleyball, aqua gym, stretching etc this was then followed by the representatives from the al a carte restaurants trying to get you to go there, then the spa man finished of with the excursions guy.

I also had a massage at the spa. I found this overpriced and average although I should mention that I'm 6 months pregnant so could only have the pregnancy massage lying on my side and having never had a pregnancy massage before I can't compare it to anything.

The bar on the 7th floor is a lovely place to sit for an eve drink with a violinist/pianist playing who I thought was very good.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AliLou82
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The staff and food made this hotel. The rest was ok but not 5 star. The staff were so friendly and helpful even when they weren't looking for a tip. The buffet food was very good, lots of choice, amazing deserts and cakes. It was our anniversary and we booked the romantic meal which was amazing, table on the beach, amazing food and service, they even had music playing for us. The cleaner made wonderful decorations on our bed, hard to describe but real works of art! The hotel itself was OK, grand entrance but average rooms, nice spa but expensive, adequate gym, nice beach with a little reef for snorkelling, expensive drinks, good entertainment, hotel a little isolated as you couldn't walk anywhere but they did provide transport to Naama bay which was only 10 minutes away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jjw12321
Canterbury kent
Reviewed May 6, 2014

SHARM EL SHEIKH, EGYPT.

I am going to start with the negatives, Why you ask? Because there is a very small amount of them compared to Possitives.

I would like to just mention we stayed at the Stella di Mare Spa and Hotel resort from 29/04/14

1. I believe with time Egypt will be called Egypt-Russia. It's ridiculous, I do not mind different nationalities at all, leaving an "open mind" did not last long. They lack respect and are extremely ignorant. Queing and waiting your turn, was obviously not something taught in Russia. In the airport they walk past the massive que you are stood in, turn and smile at you as if to say "I will do what I want" I found throwing your hand luggage in front of them as they try and run past you is always a funny one. Can I just point out this is only at the airport I noticed this about them, during our time in our Hotel they were lovely.

2. Hotel shops. They may seem happy to see you, it's all about your cash. We found they charge 2-3 times more than any other shop and will also give you the cold shoulder if you inform them you have brought cigerettes in town and only paid 190 Egyptian pound and not 400 as you quote, apperently your one off "special price sir"

3. This is not really a bad one but the hotel provides 5 different WI-FI connections but only one works. Please note this is about the Wifi not the LAN connection.

POSSITIVES (Finally here)

1. The Egyptian people. I will be honest I was dreading coming here but the girlfriend wanted to, so a mans got to do, what a mans got to do. At first I was afriad I was petrified....... sorry. In literally a couple of hours my thought on Egypt had changed dramatically. They are kind, considerate and very helpful.

2. Hotel. Wow. One of the best hotels I have been to abroad. We were treat like royalty from getting our bags as soon as we arrived to getting you coffee whitener when you have run out. Simple things like holding a door open for you when your 20 metres away just so you have to walk abit faster (which I wernt intending on doing during my walk to the lobby) You will never go without and they never seem annoyed about you asking them for annoying things.

3. Staff, brilliant, just brilliant we couldn't of asked for much more. They would always go an extra mile for you. I have to mention one person in purticular. MOHAMMED, what a ledge, not only does he go that extra mile for you he goes that extra mile, buys you a Maccy D's and comes back sort of mile, polite, helpful and funny.

Taxi's, Be careful sometimes they do go high for prices. When you know Naam bay is 10 min walk from hotel and there telling you it's going to cost L.E150 just say no, il get another taxi, they will lower the price.

Excursions, quick, easy and simple. Book in hotel, we did and felt we had done the right thing.

Facilities:
Swimming pools, We only ever used the top pool as the bottom one was conjested of people playing volleyball, water aerobics, scuba diving... Yes full on Scuba diving epuipment, I'm talking wetsuit, snorkel, goggles, OXYGEN CYLINDER! In a pool! So yes we stayed at the top pool, it was lovely, pool bar, just an all in all relaxing environment.

Entertainment, I think they need to work on the entertainment here, don't get me wrong they nearly always had something on but it was very dull and to be honest it was putting us to sleep. The Bubble room, not worth going in, it's empty and boring. We went to Karaoke and after 15 russian songs I had to get up on the mic and give it abit of Robbie Williams other than that, just go out for the night.

Overall:
FANTASTIC. Being treat like a royal, run around for, everything catered for, All inclusive, Perfect, just perfect. And yes we will be back

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Simplebuteffective
Derbyshire
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here 27/04/14.I have been to Sharm for 13 years mainly scuba diving,but this was the first time since we got married with my wife.The hotel is immaculate,clean and well kept.Our room was on the second floor and had a sea view and a nice balcony,which was shaded so we could sit outside without getting too hot.The all inclusive pacakage is good value value for money,and you have an indoors restaurant,a pool bar and a beach snack bar,which you cn eat and drink at.The breakfast is fantastic with a huge amount of choice.Considering this is the Middle East,the breakfast is the closest I have come across to a normal English breakfast.The evening meals are buffet style and vary each evening,with a different theme(ie Italian)each evening and again choice is varied and the puddings are really nice.The staff are very polite and always try to be of help wherever possible.We even got sprayed down on our loungers with a nice scented water to cool us down,and fruit brought to us to eat ! The animation team offered classes,which included Yoga on the perfect lawns outside the hotel,water volleyball,aqua aerobics and cardio and tonning in the gym.Lots of familes and couples stayed here and it is suitable for both.Drinks were all local,and there is a lot to choose from,but all come part of the All Inclusive package.The animation team consisted of about 6 women and 2 men,and they are very welcoming,polite and a credit to the hotel.Also,thanks to the hotel for providing us with a cake upon arival for our honeymoon.We will be back as soon as possible.Just like to say a huge Thanks to all the staff at the hotel.PS Wifi is free and available,and reception on it is best in the huge lobby on the 7th floor.

Room Tip: Rooms with views across Naama bay are worth trying to get.Just email the hotel before booking.They r...
4 Thank ainswor
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have just returned from a week at the Stella Di Mare, having been to several all-inclusive resorts in Cuba, Mexico and North Africa previously. Our choice was primarily based on Trip Advisor rankings. Being as hotels #1 and #3 were twice the price of The Stella, we decided to go for this as all the reviews were nothing short of exemplary. We have come away rather disappointed.

Food was excellent in parts, but decidedly average in others. Highlights included our dinner at the Asian restaurant, which was varied and delicious. The omelette and waffle stations were also a favourite of ours. The salad bar was always fresh with plenty of different styles to choose from. Other that we found the food fairly bland and for the most part very salty. By the end of the week we were bored of the buffet choices and the somewhat limited menu available in the beach/pool cafés for all-inclusive customers.

Our room was small and basic. We backed onto the Spa pool but had a great view of the sea. It was clean and functional but far from luxurious. The bathroom in particular disappoints, with a poor finish and only a bath/shower hose to wash. There was a safe, however, which is always very welcome. Wifi was available but only worked intermittently, and when it did was fairly slow.

Service is a mixed bag to be honest. Without doubt the staff and friendly, enthusiastic and are very hardworking. However there were certain aspects of the customer service which were irritating, particularly the insistence on asking (literally) every 5 minutes during meals if everything was OK,
But also within 10 seconds of us returning to our room at the end of the day before we'd even had chance to put our bags down. Don't get us wrong, obviously you want to be asked and be given the opportunity to raise concerns and ask questions etc, but it did become a bit silly and did mean the holiday wasn't as relaxing as it could have been. Also be prepared to be bombarded when by the pool by representatives from the restaurants, spa, scuba/snorkelling companies and the animation team, some of which will give you an intense 10 minute spiel before you have to chance to say 'actually we ate there last night'.

The poorest part of the holiday though was for sure the evening entertainment, which was amusingly bad. I don't think the layout of the hotel helps, with the main platform for entertainment at one side of the pool and the seats arranged along the perimeter of the pool at the other side. This means that you feel strangely detached from it all. However, the actually acts themselves are pretty lame and don't do anything to appease the layout. Even on the beach where they have some of the entertainment it is decidedly lacklustre. On nights when the entertainment is down on the beach, there is no all-inclusive option for drinks which means you have to pay for them - this is unacceptable.

Please don't take this review as being a slur on the hotel - we enjoyed ourselves, the staff were lovely and we can understand why people like it, but our expectations were high (given the reviews and TA ranking). But compared to other all inclusives, particularly those in the Caribbean, I'm afraid the Stella Di Mare comes some way short.

10 Thank Wanabanana115