“The Best Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Slovenian Littoral Region, Slovenia
“The Best Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was there from 1st to 15th December 2012. The hotel is amazing, also the staff is so nice and kind. A real 5 star hotel in every meaning! I wish to go back as soon as possible!! It is also located on a coral reef, the submarine world - fishes there are also amazing! The hotel is amazing! I have never seen such a kind and nice stuff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank YulaYala

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,138)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
derbyshire,england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Not long returned from a brilliant week (3-10 december) with my wife at what must must be overall one of the best hotels anywere.The hotel it self is full of character and elegance,the rooms are very clean and spacious cleaned and replenished every day,we were in room No 528 which overlooked the main pool and outdoor stage with views of the red sea,great for a morning coffee and nice if you wanted to sit with a drink at night.we were bed and breakfast which we ate outside the main restaurant Le Terrazza,breakfast is buffet style with just about anything you want,try egyptian tammie's and vegetable frittas Loved Them my favourite's.
We took evening meals at carallo rosso and our personal favourite La Scogliera beach restaurant,both serving some of the best food we have ever tasted but the chilli crab cakes,tai green curry and chocolate variation at scogliera were awesome.
The animation team work tirelessly to provide more activities than the tennis,golf,volleyball and diving,plus beauty and games rooms already on offer.
This hotel deserves more than 5 stars because of the staff,no matter how many hours they had worked you always found them professional,polite,courteous and helpful,VIP service for everyone and it didn't matter whether that was information or to change money at reception,a hotdog and beer on the beach areas,an evening meal or room service or even a change of beach towel,each and every member of staff we met deserve so much thanks for making our holiday the best ever,Shukran.Can't wait till we holiday here again.

Room Tip: higher floors overlooking the sea for a quieter night
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saintgeorge01
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the Stella di Mare in Sharm for my 41st birthday with my 2 year old and my family – and had a wonderful time. The most outstanding thing about the hotel was the care and friendliness of the staff – who were all absolutely amazing with our little one, playing with her and talking to her – she had a ball, and so did we! We spent our days sunbathing around the baby pool, which was great for little ones and easy for her to get in/out herself, and even had a few toys to borrow from the children’s club. When any issues arose, the hotel were very quick to solve them and nothing was too much trouble – they genuinely cared that we should have the best holiday ever – and suggestions we made for improvements were attended to immediately. It was lovely to be able to snorkel in the wonderful Red Sea aquarium right from the jetty at the hotel, though it is a pity there is no direct beach access to the sea, as it would have been nice to take our little one swimming in the sea too. The patchy wifi was frustrating – but we were on holiday after all! Prior to going, we had been concerned at some reviews of music playing round the pool during the day, but the manager assured us beforehand that this was not so, and he was right - they have live music from 7-10pm around the pool, but at that time we were usually eating either in the hotel or in town.

Room Tip: We had ground floor seaview rooms with interconnecting doors which worked really well and were nice...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

As a regular user of tripadvisor, I know exactly what reviewers are looking for when they come here. This hotel is AMAZING for the money you spend on it. It has been the most luxurious experience for us and we have stayed in many 5 star hotels. The complaints people have regarding the furniture in the rooms, the bathroom fittings, are true. The standard could be better there, but please remember to see how much you are paying and then you will see that it is the best value for money you can ever get.

We were there since Dec 1 and the weather was terrific, 31 to late 20s. Great sunshine. Could not have asked for more.

As we dropped guests to other hotels, we noticed that Stella Di mare is the only hotel which has a beautiful driveway and gorgeous gardens. The property is huge and makes the place seem royal. They have a putting course for golfers, tennis courts, swimming pools, gardens, lots of places with sunbeds, areas for snorkelling and as we explored we found so many places on the property which are just quiet, but yet well maintained. It's amazing how they do it.

The internet however is the worst. The hotel needs to realise that the crowd they are attracting needs it and it is just not acceptable. Please fix it. It is the ONLY thing I would change in this hotel.

The room requirements we had were met to the t. We got exactly what we asked for. On arrival, the manager George had an anniversary cake waiting for us with a personalized letter. Already our stay started on a great note. Often, we would find platters of dessert in our room, complimentary from the hotel. I have never seen that happen in even 5 stars, especially that often. Only issue is the loud pool entertainment... the hotel has not invested in double-sound-proof-glass, so if you are facing the pool, you're in for a lot of noise. We didn't mind but if you have trouble sleeping, consider.

The staff is all brilliant!!!! Very well trained, totally service oriented. Especially the room service. Being vegetarian, and on half-pension, we often ordered things not on the room-service menu. Not only were they happy to cater to our needs, they also charged us more fairly than we expected. Everyone in the hotel is polite and will do whatever you ask for to make your stay memorable. The buffet for lunch had more vegetarian options than dinner, and it is very easy to switch your half pension meals at this hotel. Another big plus. Breakfast had a variety of things to chose from and their fresh fruits were good. The dessert options are endless and delicious at this hotel. The presentation and taste were both amazing. Overall, we never had a bad meal and enjoyed the food tremendously. For dinner we went to Naama bay where you can get cheaper food but again of high quality. No complaints of food from Egypt. Mr. Shareef at the Le Terraza restaurant is simply the BEST restaurant manager I have ever seen. Very professional, hands on and will make you feel like a VIP everytime you go. By the time we left, I felt I had a connection with him. He is a true gem!

The pools are all very well kept, clean and wonderful. The spa pool especially, since it is heated, is great! We used it often.

There are always enough sunbeds and people taking care of you. We spent a lot of time at different areas and were always treated with a smile, free fresh fruit, a glass of cold water, enough towels and someone to clean your sunglasses. AMAZING experience. The music as mentioned before is really a drag. We tuned it out eventually but maybe stick just to some instrumental music???? Don't know why the hotel doesn't consider this after so many reviews on it. Bob has a great sense of humour and is very sweet.

We were often approached by various people for spa, beauty centre, excursions etc... but this is their job and tourists should understand that and be polite. They never bothered us. Once we said no, we were never pushed or approached again. It is well coordinated and the same thing was never tried to be sold to you again.

The excursions are very well organized and great! We tried the parasailing (expensive but worth it for the experience), speed boat to Tiran island (they will try to sell you the private for a couple one for 2 hours, but if you ask them to find another couple to go with you, the cost goes down by half. it is totally worth it. best snorkelling ever. buy your own masks. their equipment is not good.), quad-bike (amazing amazing fun. more difficult than it sounds but a must try if you are in good shape and adventourous), glass boat (great experience, got it for free because we did 3 excursions, amazing for taking photos of the coral).

The animation team does a great job with their activities. My favourite was Rosie who conducts the dance lessons. She is a wonderful teacher and has a great story when you chat with her. She really made me feel at home and I learned some great dancing from her. The water aerobics is also nice.

The beauty centre is good. I wouldn't say excellent when compared to treatements in Asia and the skill you find there, but for european standards, it was ok. Not cheap so think about it. You wouldn't miss too much. Ahmed there is very polite and kind and although he barely speaks english I had a great conversation about his family and life.

The gym is also ok. The equipment is limited but sufficient. We never found it too crowded.

The shuttle to Naama Bay is great. It runs every hour and if nothing, a taxi is so cheap, 25 Egyptian pounds. It's barely 10 mins away. We loved Naama Bay. It is a completely different experience. Yes, people are always inviting you to their stores and restaurants. But noone bothers you. You need to be polite and firm. They always end with, "have a nice day". Never rude. The nightlife is great. Try to experience the local food, faruz and fawaneese, and the local places like Zaza instead of getting carried away by Hard rock, Little Buddha etc because they are not so different from the clubs in europe.

One big tip: buy nothing from the hotel stores. they charge you more than double for everything. It is way cheaper to go to naama bay by taxi and buy whatever you need.

In general, the trip was the best holiday and this hotel played a big role in it. We left feeling really good about everything and the people and really really hope to return! Book it, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor in a pool and sea facing room. If you have trouble with the noise from th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Euromoon
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Having stayed in Sharm for the diving experience for a number of years we decided to take our sons and respective girlfriends for one final holiday (before they have to pay for themselves!).
Having passed the Stella di Mare when returning from the days diving to the jetty, we thought we would give it a try. The hotel is built to a very high standard on the clifftop to the South of Naama Bay. It has a private beach area with pontoons to swim and snorkel along the reef. The pool areas were very clean with attentive staff serving drinks and offering activities. After the first day or so they start to get the message if you just want to be left alone. The rooms were large with enormous bathrooms and private balcony, very comfortable with a huge Queen size bed.We chose to eat mainly in Naama Bay so made use of the free shuttle bus regularly. Eating in the hotel's restaurants was expensive but at least there is plenty of choice. Taxis to the centre are pretty cheap but take advice from the locals for the best price and stick to it. Although close to Naama, it is a bit too far to walk, especially in the daytime heat. Stock up on water, drinks and snacks in town. Although the hotel policy is not to allow drinks bought outside into the hotel, we didn't find this a problem at all. On the whole a great place to stay. It was very quiet when were there (July 2012) but this was definately to our taste. If you are looking for a lively place then look elsewhere, if it's a peaceful oasis you are seeking then we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris R
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 days at this hotel for a short break. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, very clean and the food is really nice. We went all inclusive and ate in the buffet restaurant a couple of times, where there is lots of choice. We also ate in the Italian, for no extra charge, and had the nicest fillet steak I have ever tasted. We ate in the Asian restaurant at the hotel, where the setting is absolutely lovely; overlooking the sea and again the food was delicious. The waiter service is fantastic, no queuing at the bar for drinks. They serve you all day/night long. The hotel is located overlooking the sea, where you can go snorkelling for a small fee (£3).The hotel has its own taxis so you can jump in one to town for a few pounds. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, lots of sunbeds. And the man at the top pool doing the towels (Bob) was very friendly and couldn’t do enough for us. He was very funny and kept us entertained, even coming round and cleaning our sun glasses or spraying us with cool scented water when it got too hot. They give you 2 clean towels every day for the sunbeds and lay the towels out for you, brilliant service. The hotel was a perfect place for a relaxing, quiet break. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We were located on the 4th Floor overlooking the pool, a perfect position.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelfamilylou
Colchester, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I went to the Stella di Mare for the first week in November. Having previously stayed at the Savoy I was not sure what to expect. However everything was first class.
I booked All inclusive to help budgeting. Food in the main buffet was good, however I did find choices a bit limited. Breakfast was great, with the Waffles the highlight. The chef always made me wait and gave me fresh which were amazing. Evening meals were a bit hit or miss, but I always found something to eat. The only problem being that being on my own, I found my table cleared on more than one occasion, (breakfast and dinner) while I went in search of something else.
I did have dinner one evening in the fish restaurant. This started off badly, with me being served spring rolls that were frozen in the middle, but when I pointed this out the staff were very upset and certainly their service made up for this minor issue. The AI menu was very good. In fact I paid to go back to the belly dancing evening which was very good and the food exceptional.
My room was large, however I did look straight out on the waterfall. This was not an issue for me as I was out of the room all day, and it was only operational between 9am and 4 pm. I was left a towel creation on the days I left a tip.
The main bar was good and the staff friendly.
I spent my days on the 'beach', and was well looked after. My bed was ready each morning, I was given water and fruit, also my sunglasses were cleaned. As I was near the beach bar/restaurant, i was given a drink as soon as the AI kicked in at 10am.

The AI option means that you get glasses of drinks e.g beer and coke, rather than a can. this was not an issue as you could see the cans or bottles they came from, and could see they were ok.
The hotel was always very clean and i would find it very difficult to find fault with.
As a solo traveller it can be a bit nerve racking going to a new place. I found this hotel warm, welcoming and safe. Definitely hope to return next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo