“Truly outstanding!!!”

Ranked #2 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Truly outstanding!!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you want outstanding service and excellent food in a beautiful high quality hotel look no further than the Stella Di Mare.
Myself and my husband have just returned from 2 weeks of sheer pampering. We expect great service and boy did we get it, this is the best hotel we have had the pleasure to visit. It has always been our policy never to go somewhere twice but we certainly will be back!!!
Nothing is too much trouble for this hotel, George Hanna and the team deliver a remarkable experience. He took the trouble to drink with us, show us around and ask what would we change if we could, we came away feeling he really was interested in the guest experience.
We stayed in room 513 which was a beautiful stylish room, it was cleaned daily by Georges who was very pleasant and friendly. Super quality furnishings and the most comfortable bed we have slept in.
We must extend a very big thank you to Yasser, Sous Chef in the restaurant who treated us like royalty during our stay, he is an asset to the hotel.
You feel that the army of staff here genuinely want to make your holiday a great experience!!!
We have read some of the negative comments on this site and can only say that nothing will ever please some people, and they must have stayed in a different hotel to us!
EXCELLENT HOLIDAY, THANK YOU MR. HANNA

2 Thank Keith8201
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Mrs. Keith,

I am happy to know that you were amazed by the quality services and facilities on hand at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa. And our hospitality has pleased you beyond expectations and Thank you for recommending the hotel to the readers
Let us show our gratitude for trusting our property for your fist visit in Egypt and for posting your glowing review; we will definitely wait for your next visit.

Best regards,

Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,144)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 7 nights at the Stella Di Mare and had a great family holiday with our six month old.
Hotel was only 15 minutes from the airport and check-in was a breeze, accompanied by a complimentary mocktail.
Our sea view room was bright and spacious, with a travel cot already set up for us.
We were staying on an all-inclusive basis and were very pleasantly surprised by the main Terrace Restaurant. It had a great selection of local and international food and the staff were amazing and couldn't have done anymore for us - thank you.
I'd also recommend a cold beer by the beach or pool bar before dinner, or anytime of the day in fact.
In summary a great place for a chilled out holiday, with great food and staff.
Truly 5*

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank dsj247
Dear Family Dsj247,
We highly appreciate that you have taken the time to return your excellent comments and detailed experience, and thank you for visiting Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.

We will be glad to welcome you again and in our premises that you have described as a “Truly 5*”.

Best regards,

Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My friends know me for being quite a demanding person, and I personally believe you never give top score to anyone as there is always room for improvement but in this hotel's case I can't really help it!

I don't even know where to start to give it the due credit it deserves so I will try to go by category:

The hotel itself - simply magnificent! Stylish, classy, beaufitul, welcoming yet not super-posh to make you feel uncomfortable if you drop a fork on the floor.

The food - ever day they change the buffet for dinner. Breakfast is plentyful. We have eaten absolutely everything there was on offer and did not get any food poising. To those who claim they got food poising here, I would say, make sure you check properly you didn't get it outside of this hotel when eating in Naama Bay or during an excursion (either of which have nothing to do with the hotel). The only constructive feedback I have in connection to food is that there is definitely room for improvement in the way they cook fish in general and lunch sometimes presented some items which were clearly recicled from the previous dinner buffet. But overall still a 4/5 for food.

Internet - from research this was one of the few hotels in Sharm which doesn't charge extra for internet usage which is great but on the other hand it can be painfully slow both the wired and the wireless connection. I did ask IT why that was the case and the answer was that this happens when a lot of people are connected at the same time or download heavy files (e.g. during the evening) which as far as I'm concerned is not really an excuse since there are entire university campuses and office buildings with thousands of heavy users connected at the same time and surfing the net without any issues. Just get some additional server capability and / or bandwith from your broadband provider. So internet despite being free is going to be the lowest score I give to this hotel with a 2/5 (I'm a heavy user though I must say).

Room - super comfortable beds, room is spaciuos and clean, and during the latter part of our stay we also had some special treatment from a housekeeper called Hedra Matta who did every day the beautiful swons decorations with the towels you see in the picture on the bed. Obviously, he did them as he knew they would impress my fiancée and it would be difficult for us not to tip him but on the other hand they do take 20-30 mins to make and at least he did something to deserve his tip compared to some people in Egypt who expect you to tip them because they show you they way to the toilet even though is already clearly marked. The only constructive feedback given to Hedra was perhaps to try to be a little less pushy. At times he was a bit too heavy with the whole take a picture of me and my decoration, write a review on trip advisor, etc. I almost felt like I had an obligation towards him. Overall the room still gets a 4/5.

Noise - you can hardly hear the noise coming from Naama Bay however one advice for management is to put some signs on the entrance door and along their staircase for guests to be considerate of other fellow guests. On a few occassions late at night or early in the morning we were woken up by noisy guests who would bang the entrance door or talk loudly on the staircase to their room without much consideration of other guests who might be sleeping. Also, one thing which surprised me considering the level of the place, was to be woken up on a Sunday morning at 7:30AM by the gardener who was mowing the lawn with a very noisy lawn-mower. Surely there are better times to do it than at 7:30AM on a sunday morning.. Still noise level gets a 4/5

Staff - very courteous (not always because they want a tip from you), professional and helpful. The highlight of professionalism for me was when I called IT to request an internet cable and the IT guy when he arrived to my door even though he knew I had requested the cable and was waiting for him, rather than knocking at my door, he contacted reception who then called me to say "the IT guy is outside but would not knock on the door to disturb you sir as you have the "do not disturb" sign displayed outside" (which I had forgotten there from the night). Very impressive I thought. So 5/5 to staff in general although not all staff deserve a 5 out 5.

Overall value for money - 6/5 - you will not get in the whole of Sharm a better value for money 5 stars hotel. Sure you can go to the Savoy or Four Season and maybe receive even a slightly better value but then you have to pay 3 times as much for your stay and therefore there is no way they can beat the value for money you get here.

Next time I'll go to Sharm I won't even hesitate to come back to this hotel or recommend it to anyone...

5 Thank Louis N
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Louis N,

We are pleased that Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa has indeed fulfilled all your expectations and extremely appreciative of your review here above.

We are glad that you were pleased with all the small touches and that you had a great stay with us.

Once more; Thank you for the great accolade towards the hospitality at our property, this is a superb recognition for so many Employees who always strive to deliver their level best.

We wish to be of your service in a close future.

Warmest regards;
London
Reviewed November 18, 2012

30th Oct-12th Nov 2012: We booked the hotel for my girlfriend's birthday as we wanted a relaxing break to escape the dreary British weather at this time of year! The hotel was beautiful - from the lobby, to the gardens, to the coral reef!

Upon arrival on the first night, we had the most relaxing night's sleep on the most amazing beds with Egyptian cotton sheets that were like silk to touch - HEAVEN! Waking the next day to intense sun, we explored the hotel and found the facilities to be fantastic throughout. The swimming pools were wonderful - especially the outdoor jacuzzi near the spa (we always ended up here at the end of the day, when the sun was starting to set - and the weather got cooler) The water in the jacuzzi was lovely and relaxing and very warm.. The staff in the Spa were amazing and we all had lots of banter and laughs with them on a daily basis...Mohamed and the team at the Spa made us always feel welcome and my girlfriend had one massage that ended up with 5 sessions before we left! Her massage therapist was incredible and the best she had ever experienced (We think her name was Katie and she was from Thailand). Katie does give a very firm massage though, so if you like this, it's perfect, but if not, you will need to state your preference upon arrival.

We found the staff were all very welcoming and friendly - we especially found the Animations Team, Hany (our lovely housekeeper), Hamdy (near the Coral Reef) and Simon (Gift shop) were the main members of staff we spent the most time conversing with. It was interesting to be able to build friendships with them, considering the size of the hotel and numbers of guests - that is the thing about this hotel - you feel part of a big family - and that is testament to how passionate the staff are about delivering good customer service and making everyone feel special. My girlfriend was in tears on our last day and we both felt like we didn't want to leave. Hamdy even drew a beautiful picture of my girlfriend for her birthday, which she treasures.

As wonderful as the Hotel was, there were certain aspects that weren't perfect: The food in the hotel was quite mixed. For the first week or so, the food in the buffet was unseasoned and did not have much taste, and then suddenly the food there was seasoned - perhaps even over-seasoned! I'm not sure how they did that - maybe the head chef was back from holiday? We tried all the restaurants, except for the Pool Bar, and the beach restaurant's food was the worst (greasy and/or cold with cheap ingredients). By the end of the holiday, we were craving healthy food! The Asian restaurant had probably the best cuisine. They also had one night a week with belly dancing by Rosie (Animations Team) - who was wonderful and entertaining!

There is a free minibus shuttle service to Naama Bay 5 times a day, giving you 3 hours in the centre. There are lots of restaurants to choose from (Camel Dive Club Tandoori; Pomodoro; Chillis; Hard Rock Cafe) so if you get bored of the hotel fare... Also, the prices on excursions and snorkelling equipment are half the price! The busy centre is in sharp contrast to the quiet and peaceful hotel.

The Spa needs to also fill in medical questionnaires, as no-one ever asked either of us if we had any medical issues - and we were entering Steam Rooms/Saunas, having massage, etc.. This can potentially be very serious, in case anything goes wrong (my girlfriend is a therapist herself, and she was shocked at how this very important aspect was not addressed). Is it not a legal requirement in Egypt?

The wired Internet (wireless only in Lobby areas) in the room was very slow - we couldn't practice our Gangnam Style for the Dance Competition as YouTube was unusably slow! ;) TripAdvisor always timed out - shame as we wanted to look at restaurant and excursion reviews - had to resort to Google's cached copy.

We also found two Egyptian members of the Reception team to be quite rude in their manner. On our first full day, we asked one chap a few questions about the hotel - another staff member who was also there talked in Arabic to the chap we were asking questions of, making a comment about us and saying something like 'enough already'. They obviously didn't realise I understood some Arabic. After that we had a bit of banter with saying 'No questions today' - but considering the reception in the lobby of the hotel is the first point of contact - we found this unsatisfactory. The second time we had a problem was upon checking out of the hotel.The chap who served us had a big attitude - very condescending (think his name was alhamdolela, or something like that) Once again, very arrogant and upon having a problem with the credit card being processed, he made a comment of 'No money?' Not a question I would expect from a 5 star hotel - these two people gave us the worst impressions of an otherwise wonderful experience. I do hope the manager of the hotel will ensure that this area is looked into - as first and last impressions count!

We would both recommend this hotel highly to anyone.....An amazing coral reef right at the hotel; full of the most beautiful fish (just as good as a snorkelling day trip to Tiran Island, one of the excursions available)... Very helpful and friendly staff... Fabulous facilities... Beautiful scenery and landscaped gardens... Flowers around every corner... Unforgettable experience and both looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: Room 1053 was a bit of a trek up the hill, but our fitness levels improved, and the benefit of being...
3 Thank Sebastian-Nilou
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just returned from a great holiday at the stella Di mare Resort in sharm.The hotel is classed as a 5* i would say the pool areas the gardens
the beach areas and the spa are 5* quality but the hotel itself although a very good hotel i think it falls short of being 5* quality i have stopped
in many 5* hotels over the years and to compere some of them with this hotel i would put it a decent 4*rating. I have been in good 4*
hotels as well with better quality rooms for instants. Do not get me wrong i really enjoyed it and would go back but for that to happen i
think they would have to lower the prices to a more competitive rate. The service is good more so down by the beech and the pools. One
chap who called him self Bob was very good i think he should be paid more than the rest nothing was to much trouble for him so thanks
Bob.The food is very good but again not quite 5* quality.The hotel is just missing them little extra touches to bring up to 5* rating in my opinion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a room on the 7th Floor overlooking the Pool, Sea and the beachside area - fab hotel; such friendly people - the guys at the shops on the 3rd floor are amazing characters especially Simon!! Food at the hotel in the 3 restaurants i give 7/10 although the breakfast choice was fab. Service was 1st class throughout our one week stay and i would definitely come here again! We came on a recommendation and i highly recommend it to others - only thing is the pricing of the meals (apart from breakfast) i thought was a little costly and the activities (parasailing, snorkelling, speedboat, tube, quads etc were a little expensive) - i wish i had actually gone with the guys from the Naama Bay beach who were apparently so much cheaper. The guys linked to the hotel who provide these activities we thought were cons in charging so much for the dvds, photos of the activities and when we got back home, 2 of these dvds were blank! So email to the hotel has been sent although not sure if they would be able to do much about it - but hotel and staff were amazing people - defo back next year!

Room Tip: 7th floor and above and AWAY from Bubbles Disco is a must. The entertainment on the stage next to th...
1 Thank Tibrar
Dear Mr. Tibrar,
Thank you for the trust given to Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa in selecting our hotel for your recent vacation.
And we are very glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and that Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa provided a smooth and hassle free stay over your expectations.

Thank you for recommending the hotel and we are waiting for you next year at our lovely hotel.

Best Regards
Farnborough
Reviewed November 18, 2012

First impression with this hotel started before we even arrived. I e mailed guest relations with room requests and was answered promptly each time and our rooms requests were confirmed by e mail and carried out. Impressive. This carried on all holiday, nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The hotel itself is immaculatley clean with lovely public areas. Our room was in one of the villas, overlooking the beach and the swimming pool. Perfect. The room was kept very clean and tidied all week. by our cheerful room boy. A few revieweres have commented on the all inclusive package. We never had a problem at all with choices and we are all lovers of good food . The Asian restaurant was our favourite. Hany works incredibly hard to make every meal a wonderful expereince. Lunch time , on the cliff top with a sea breeze and lovely food, perfect. Evenings by candlelight with the sea lit up below was a lovely setting.. Or you could eat around the main pool where the buffett and italian restaurant are sited. If you eat outside you will be entertained by the dancers or singers..Activities are organised throughout the day for those who don't want to just sun bathe or there are many excursions that can be reached from this hotel. This is our 4th visit to Sharm ( 3rd different hotel ) and all round the best.. Things I would change if I really needed to think of something....like the other hotels in sharm we have been to the main bar in the evening is in the lobby. it would be nice to have a cosier bar overlooking the beach. Sure , wifi could be improved but I enjoyed being away from my I pad! I would return and recomend especially to families . I would choose somewhere different as a couple just to try somewhere new

Room Tip: We enjoyed the seperate villas but if you have children and want to access wifi and the bar while on...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lozza7
Dear Mrs. Lozza7,
We appreciate that you have taken the time to return your excellent comments and detailed experience, and thank you for visiting Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.

We will be very pleased to host you again soon, wishing your family and you a fantastic period ahead.