Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$82
$42
$182
$135
Hotels.com
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
$92
$70
$55
  • Breakfast included
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
$23
$77
Hyatt.com
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence(Sharm El Sheikh)
$92
$70
$38
  • Pool
Domina Coral Bay Oasis(Sharm El Sheikh)
$104
$35
$54
4,856 results
All reviewsla scoglieranaama baymr georgeasian restaurantspecial thankslobby barmain restaurantsea viewamazing hotelrestaurant managerhalf boardinclusive menuguest relationsreception teamman made beachspecial mentionfish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I booked a week away at the end of September 2012 at the Stella Di Mare after reading numerous reviews about it on Trip Advisor. Needless to say we were NOT disappointed, and we had the most amazing holiday while out there, thanks to the wonderful staff and amazing facilities. We went for the all-inclusive option, which includes breakfast and lunch and a set menu of evening meals, soft drinks and a selection of alcohol. Stella Di Mare is probably about 10 minutes outside the hustle and bustle that is Naama Bay, but that worked out wonderfully for us as it was quite a peaceful hotel. There are taxis and shuttle buses into Naama Bay so you’re never far from the action.

I thought that an in-depth review would be better for future visitors instead of a general statement, so I’ve broken it up into the 4 sections below:

FOOD

Overall, the food at the Stella Di Mare is really good. We at all of the restaurants and here’s a summary of them:

La Terrazza: The chefs went out of their way to provide a variety of foods to accommodate all tastes at La Terrazza, which is a buffet restaurant. Whether you felt like a sandwich, a salad or a hot meal, it was all provided for. There is always the fear that when you eat at a buffet, the overall mantra is quantity over quality. Not in this case. We were very happy with the buffet that was provided at La Terrazza, and what made it even better is that the waiters remembered our drinks preferences and whenever we sat down at the table they asked if we’d like our pineapple and guava juices! If you like a quieter breakfast I'd recommend going before 9am as that's when it's at its busiest.

Corallo Rosso: The presentation of the food at this restaurant is always appealing, and the food tastes great. The restaurant is at the poolside so you get to see the evening’s entertainment while enjoying a good meal. However, if you choose this restaurant it’s probably nicer to take a table a little bit away from the stage as sometimes the speakers were quite loud and we found it difficult to hold a conversation while someone was singing on stage.

La Scogliera: We attended this restaurant twice in the evening. One evening we had the seafood set menu which was fantastic. We had lobster, prawns, calamari, seabass and salmon, and all cooked beautifully and were very tasty. The view over the sea at night is also lovely. Part of the entertainment was Rosie performing a belly dance for everyone, which we thoroughly enjoyed.

If you’re undecided about all-inclusive or not, it’s probably better to go bed and breakfast or half-board if you like a lot of variety in your meals, as my husband and I found that we were ordering more off the a la carte menus than the all-inclusive ones only because there was more variety. As all inclusive you did get 25% discount off the meal prices, so it wasn’t very expensive. If you’re on a budget however, and are going all-inclusive and sticking with the set evening menus they are quite limited in their selection (but the food is still delicious).

There are a variety of cocktails and mocktails that are part of all-inclusive too – we would recommend the Stella Dog. If you go off the all-inclusive menu, the Tropical Freeze and Strawberry Ripple mocktails are divine!

ACCOMMODATION

We were really happy with our room and the housekeeping services. The aircon was a blessed relief in the 35+ degree heat. We had upgraded to a deluxe room with a balcony and sea view on the 6th floor. It overlooked the main pool and the view was fantastic. If we were in our room in the evening while the entertainment was on downstairs you could see it from the balcony but when you went inside and closed the door you hardly heard a thing. I would recommend asking for a room on the higher floors to lessen the noise heard (if that bothers you). Each day when we got back to our room the housekeepers had made a different towel animal, which really made us laugh. Omar was our main concierge for our floor, and he made sure that everything was top notch and that we had everything we needed, he’s a really friendly guy! Beds are big and very comfortable and there is the option to close the blackout curtains as the sun rises right into the windows. However, we liked watching the sunrises at 5:30am so we left the curtains open and it was really beautiful and peaceful. The only gripe is that there's only wired internet in the room, not wireless, so you had to go to the library or lobby to get wi-fi signal.

STAFF

The Egyptian hospitality is not a myth! Everyone was really friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were happy guests. There are always smiles on their faces, and these guys work really hard! It was a pity to see some of the Russian guests treating the waiters with contempt/disdain. We noticed on the beach how one of the waiters offered to speak to a guest in their home language (he spoke 4 languages) and the guest was very rude to him. To his credit, the waiter was very polite and removed himself from the situation gracefully. My husband and I were amazed at just how many languages were spoken by the staff around the hotel!

One thing to note, however, is that there are salespeople for the hotel who walk around and speak to guests about what’s on offer, e.g. for the spa. This may not be everyone’s cup of tea to be approached by a salesperson on holiday so just be aware and if you’re not interested you can politely but firmly decline and they do respect that. You never feel pressured to have to buy something.

ACTIVITIES

I got my PADI open water certification while I was here through the Dive Centre just outside the hotel reception. Hazem is a great instructor, very patient, with a wealth of knowledge. If you’re a diver (or thinking of taking it up) I would highly recommend it! We went to the reefs off Tiran Island and it is just paradise under the water. We loved every minute and were quite sad to leave actually!

My husband and I also had the Cleopatra and Ramses spa treatment, which was a 2 hour programme over 2 days (one on the first day you arrive, and another the day before you leave). The Cleopatra was lovely and very relaxing, but we were a little bit disappointed by the Ramses. I think the spa was short staffed that day so it felt more rushed than the first day, but overall still enjoyable.

There are also a number of little shops in the hotel where you can buy souvenirs and T-shirts, etc and they don’t hassle you as they would in Naama Bay. As Naama Bay is only about 10 minutes away you can grab a taxi and go into the town, where it's very vibey - great atmosphere, but you get hassled by shopkeepers every few seconds!!

The evening entertainment is typical of resort hotels (singers, dancers, etc). Hats off to the entertainers for singing in English though - their English is definitely better than my Arabic!!

The one thing which did annoy us a little bit was the music being played on repeat – the number of times we heard Backstreet Boys’ ‘Show me the meaning of being lonely’ was way too much. If the hotel could improve on this and increase their music selection it would be perfect (and we don’t mind a little local music either – don’t feel like you have to always play Western music!)

Overall, we were exceptionally pleased with Stella Di Mare hotel. It’s slightly more expensive than other hotels in Naama Bay but you do get what you pay for – we had such an amazing holiday, the hotel is just beautiful and we would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of going to Sharm El Sheikh/Naama Bay. We’re already planning our trip back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter and further away from the evening entertainment noise. Choose a room with a balcony and a sea view - it's definitely worth it!
4  Thank Carmen A
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Mrs. Carmen A ,

We are very grateful of your visit at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa and extremely appreciative of your in-depth review here above.
And thank you for the great accolade towards the hospitality at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa, this is a superb recognition for so many Employees who always strive to deliver their level best.

We are glad that you were pleased with all the small touches and that you had a great culinary time with us, and we appreciate that you highly recommended our hotel

We wish to have the pleasure welcoming you again for further great memories.

Best Regards,
George Hanna
Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa
executiveoffice@stelladimaresharm.com

Reviewed September 29, 2012

In general I support all the previous good things about the 'Stella', but to improve, two observations that irked us during our week's stay (16th-22nd September),

Firstly we found the service around the hotel pretty expedient in all but one location; the pool bar. The bar staff seemed more focused in ensuring they get their precious paperwork in order than actually concentrating on the thing that mattered most ... servicing the clients. On many occasion we would roll up to the bar from the pool or sitting at a table and we would see more 'chatter' and concern on where their signatures were than helping their frustrated clientele. Food service at the table was equally slooooow. The cynic in me found that there was an agenda to 'slow the service down' (and maximize profits from the AI guests). Possibly this came from management?

Secondly ... the hotel music soundtrack ! Not only was it seemingly the same 20-30 songs stuck in a loop, but more annoyingly it was mostly 80s/90s middle of the road songs (Enrique Inglesias, Lionel Richie, Kenny G, Whitney Houston ...). I must have heard 'My heart goes on' by Celine Dion at least twenty times during the week. In addition, the Christmas songs in the La Terazza in September; what is that all about!?

As I said, I can concur on all the good things so I won't repeat.

Thanks

5  Thank chesterlista
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My friend and I stayed there for five nights. We arrived at the hotel about 8pm. We had room 701 which was perfect as it was on the lobby floor and we could access wi-fi in our room. The view from the hotel room was gorgeous, during the day and night. Our stay at the hotel was perfect. The staff were friendly esp in the restaurant. We stayed on a half board basis. The buffet breakfast was great. The dinner was ok - although more fish/vegeterian dishes would have improved the selection. The staff throughout the hotel were very helpful.

My only criticism was the music being played in the restaurant and spa - Chris de Burgh's Lady in red, Enrique Inglesias - hero, Whitney Houston - I will always love you. This are quite old songs and they are very romantic songs. Hearing them over and over again made me at times want to shoot myself (esp if you are on holiday to recover from a broken heart!) Please change the music or just play music with no lyrics :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Travel B
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Mr. Travel B,

Thank you for your recent stay at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa and for providing us with your excellent experience.
We have noted your suggestions with regards to the music rotation and more fish, vegetarian dishes, and it will be reviewed for eventual and future implementations.

Once more, we are grateful for your visit and hope to welcome you sometime soon.
Best Regards,
George Hanna
Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa
executiveoffice@stelladimaresharm.com

Reviewed September 27, 2012

From the moment we walked in until we got on coach to come home our stay was excellent.our room was spacious and always kept very clean and had everything we needed and more. All of the staff were very friendly and couldnt do enough. If you didnt want to move from your sun bed all day you didnt have to waiters were round all day taking drink orders and you could order food to be brought to sunbed. Food in all the restaurants was excellent. Evening entertainment was there if you wanted we prefered to sit and chat in lobby bar and was very well looked after by bar staff.or you could take free shuttle bus into sharm. I would say nationalities in hotel was mixed and everyone was treated equally and high standard. Managers at every level were seen through out hotel and always available to take positive or negative comment. Occasional aircraft flying over was not noticeable. Would definately go back and recommend. Thankyou to everyone at stella de mare for making it a fabulous holiday.

1  Thank Theresa C
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Stella for 8 nights and it wasn't long enough. The location, staff and hotel facilites were very impressive. The food was average (nothing too impressive or disappointing) but we got bored of the choices available after our 4th night. The staff are truely majnificant, if for no other reason I would return just to see thier friendly faces. Hotel location suited us well because it wasn't in Naama's Bay city centre but it was only a 10 min shuttle bus ride away. So we enjoyed the privacy of a 5 star hotel, with the convinence of been close to the shops etc.

Room Tip: Although we didn't stay in the Royal Suite we asked one of the staff members to give us a tour and what can I say but "WOW". I'm not sure what the price is but I'll definately check out if I can afford it next time I stay at Stella