“"Beautiful experience"”

Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I just returned from amazing holiday at Stella. I have been in many 5 stars hotels in Egypt, but Stella is the best! Ideally for relaxing holiday, as I wish.

The place where the hotel is located, is isolated from other hotels and town, in a nice setting.The cleanliness of the place is very good. My room - 420, was very spacious, clean, well maintained, and had a very beautiful sea view.
The hotel has a man made beaches.There is a coral reef, home of a lot of fishes, sea water is clear, ideal for snorkeling. Also there is main pool with a very warm water, a pool bar, a sports pool, and spa- jacuzzi pool. I stayed around the main pool every day, because the umbrellas are bigger then at the beach. Also they have the spa, game rooms, fitness center business center...
I was on half board. The food in main restaurant is delicious, very good choice and quality.
Service at the hotel is excellent, very high standard.
All staff is very kind and helpful. Specially friendly was Ibrahim Mohamed at the games rooms, and guy at the pool area, I can`t remember name.
Animation team is lovely and professional, specially Rosie, she is the best. I enjoyed the entertainment .

I would like to go back there, and would recommend my friends to stay there without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarioN63_12
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Mrs. MarioN63,

We are pleased to have greatly topped your expectations and a. We will surely praise the Team Members who have delivered extra miles to ensure you that you enjoy a comfortable stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you again, thank for staying with us at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa.

Kind wishes,
executiveoffice@stelladimaresharm.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,699)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great hotel, clean with very polite staff. We felt like we were very well looked after. They took extra special care of my gluten free needs (since I am coeliac) with the head of staff in the restaurant Sherif Moursi phoning the head chefs as soon as I arrived to dine. They came out and showed me round the food in the buffet each day telling me what I could and couldn't eat, they even made me different food if I wanted it. Then they got the pastry chefs out to see me and made my own special desserts each day. Sorry I can't remember all the chefs names but they were all extremely helpful. Also the chap that came out to the restaurant on the first night since we were a bit late arriving and ensured I got something to eat even though he was off duty. All the staff seemed to go the extra length to make our stay truly memorable.
The pool attendants were really friendly with a great sense of humour, 'Romario' and 'Bob' deserve a mention as does Ahmed the porter. Thank you for such a brilliant holiday.

Room Tip: Some of the sea view rooms are also overlooking the pool with the bar that also has a stage for the...
2  Thank AB3AB

Dear Mrs. Angela B,

We are very grateful for your post which is emphasizing the level of sincerity and care of our Employees while providing services, and the height of our hospitality, providing excellent hassle free and enjoyable sojourns to customers.
Your congratulations will be passed to all Team Members who stood out during your stay, and they will be complimented for their valuable addition.
Thank you for staying with Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa, and we wish to have you again soon in your second home

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Stella di Mare for our first week without children and had a fantastic time. The hotel is beautifully maintained, manicured gardens, polite staff and delicious food - made all the better with sunshine and gorgeous surroundings. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel very special during our stay, it was like being on honeymoon again ... Each time we returned back to the room in the afternoon, there was a little present in the form of food including fresh fruit, hand made chocolates and small desserts. Models of animals were made using towels and napkins and laid on our bed, however the best was to come on our last afternoon when we opened our door and a model man appeared from the ceiling hanging from the attic space ... this frightened the life out of me and made us both jump to the delight of the manager who was behind us (co-incidentally) who laughed just as much. Not only this there was a figure of a man on our bed with the TV remote by his hand and our TV on ... it had been set up by the manager himself. You are treated so well, and we would highly recommend it and certainly love to return. We visited Sharm in December 2010 but have only just got around to reviewing it - but even though it was a little while ago, decided it deserved the positive feedback.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie5691

Dear Mrs. Annie,
We are very proud to have fulfilled your expectations on your first stay at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa. And thank you for highly recommending our property and to have noticed the willingness and care of the Employees to assist.
We will be very delighted to welcome you again and are grateful that you spent 2nd honeymoon vacation with us, and as well, we amply appreciate your exciting review.

Best regards,
Kind wishes,

Reviewed September 22, 2012

we traveled as a couple for 4 days from 17th to 21st of September in a sea view deluxe room (i wish we could stay more).
1st of all there was just 2 disadvantages (from my point of view) 1- Most of sharm hotels provide free shuttle bus form airport to hotel, in Stella di Mari it cost you 15 $ per person(one way) 2- You have to get all inclusive, cuz if you don't, you will find yourself paying so much money @ the end of your stay.

Except those two points, everything was perfect:
The Hotel itself is so good, modern and spacious, the room was so clean, the bed was very comfortable, the view was stunning, great sea view, the service was up to 5* standards, the stuff were very friendly, the food was OK specially lunch and dinner.

That's all, i hope you enjoy your stay there as i did.

4  Thank Ahmad_MS
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Mr. Ahmed,
Thank you for displaying your satisfaction of your recent stay at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa, we hope to have the pleasure delivering further memorable moments in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have been to Sharm (and other Red Sea resorts) many times over the last 12 years and stayed in a variety of hotels. I had really high expectations of this being an absolutely fabulous experience, based on the fact there were very few (if any) bad reviews. However, I would say this is a nice hotel, but I wouldn't say it was up there in my top 3.

Positives:
1) VERY polite, helpful staff, nothing is too much trouble, they are an absolute credit to the hotel. Immaculate grounds, gleaming interiors and well kept rooms (very clean bathrooms).

2) A reliable courtesy bus that takes you to and from Naama Bay.

3) Talaat Maher - what can I say - the man's a genius! Keeping guests fed, watered and entertained throughout the day - his iced water spray is legendary. Why they moved him to the Spa halfway through our holiday I'll never know! What a waste given the low volumes of people in the Spa.

4) The Asian restaurant food is to die for and the staff amazing. Why it's not busier at lunchtime I don't know as it is right alongside the sea and a lovely place to take a break from the sun. Maybe because people don't realise you can get snacks and don't have to have a full blow out - it wasn't obvious to us until we went there.

Negatives:

1) We booked a Panoramic Deluxe room which wasn't how it is portrayed on the website. I had done extensive research and it appeared the balcony went around 2 sides of the room with dual aspect views of the sea. In fact, the room was just the same as a standard sea view, but with an extra window in the side (no access to balcony). In my opinion a complete waste of money. It is only the suites that offer this balcony arrangement - not what the picture looks like on the website.

2) I don't know why none of the other reviews mentioned it's directly under the incoming flight path! Approx one plane every hour throughout the day - maybe I'm just being over fussy, but I've never had this in any of the other hotels I've stayed at and it was annoying.

3) Noise volume - why in the days of iPods do we need to have music blaring out around the pool during the day at times when it wasn't part of the planned activities? Music is a personal taste and you can't hope to please everyone, so turn it off (or at least down!) please! Get a room away from the Pool area if you like an early night as this is where all the entertainment is.

4) The atmosphere in the hotel at night was soul-less, but that's pretty much the same with most hotels in Egypt and why we prefer only B&B rather than AI where you feel obliged to stay in the hotel. We went into Naama Bay every night apart from one when we went to the Asian Restaurant which was fantastic (and even the show was OK!)

5) There are a lot of Russians in this hotel - more than I've ever experienced anywhere else - and things are pretty much geared up for them. So if you enjoy being cut in front of, barged out the way, watching food being wasted because they can (on AI), them being rude to staff and other guests and a completely smoke filled environment in all public areas, then this will be right up your street.

6) Ladies - these rooms are not built with you in mind. Nowhere to sit in front of a mirror with decent lighting to do hair/makeup. You have to stand in the bathroom for anything like decent light. The hairdryer is a waste of time and there's no plug in the bathroom (obviously) for straighteners etc, but because there's no mirror in the bedroom it's impossible!

So, overall an OK holiday, but I wouldn't return to this hotel.

Room Tip: A large proportion of sea view rooms (and panoramic deluxe) with balconys overlook the pool where al...
13  Thank ItchyFeetPortsmouth
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear guests,
Thank you for your positive feedback and kindly accept our sincere apology for the few services which were average.and we will certainly look at the areas to improve, ensuring a higher satisfaction on your return visit.
We are grateful to have had the opportunity hosting you and hope to have the privilege welcoming you again at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.
Warm regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We , that is , Mr & Mrs Todd, both felt the very least we could do on returning from our vacation at the Stella Di Mare hotel,was to say thankyou for such a wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived we were treated like VIPs,an introduction washed down with a thirst quenching cocktail really hit the mark.The first person to introduce himself was Mr Hany Saad the manager we found to be ultimately professional at all times even though he was obviously dealing with many other issues as well as our own he remained calm and efficient meeting each requirement with grace and his usual rather large smile.We both agreed that Mr Hany Saad was the major contribution to establishing our vacation became a wonderful memory which will stay with us for a long time.The lobby bar had a particularly special team of staff one person in particular we all became very close to was Ahmed who never ceased to amaze us with his courteous stylish approach to delivering refreshments and cocktails of every description making us feel at home.This vacation had special significance to us as it was not only our 30th anniversary but my wife was celebrating her birthday on the day we arrived and as such a beautiful cake was arranged by Mr Hany Saad and left in our room. We later enjoyed dinner overlooking the Red Sea which was a very romantic gesture and the food was devine. Overall we can not praise this hotel high enough , and coming from our world wide experiences of top class hotels this team of staff we would rate as the finest of them all. Finally we would like to thank Mr George Hanna the general manager, for being kind enough to request our company in his office to discuss any issues we may have had, none whatsoever.

Room Tip: Sea view room is a must
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Marj T
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Todd,
Thank you for your superb feedback displaying a great vacation spent at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.
The hotel hospitality spirit is showcased through your here review and our Front Office Manager her mentioned , is another one of the very approachable management team which totally devoted to customers satisfaction
Once more we would like to take this opportunity to extend our warmest greetings on this very special occasion, we wish you long life full of joy & happiness,

Please consider Stella Sharm your second home in Egypt and we hope to have the pleasure welcoming you very soon
executiveoffice@stelladimaresharm.com.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Stella Di Mare is the most amazing place that we have ever stayed. The property itself is beautifully designed and equipped and has a feel of the luxurious about it. The rooms are modern and spacious and ours had a view of the Red Sea. The staff are exceptional from the pools to the bars and restaurants as well as the cleaners, gardeners, receptionists, shop staff ...... everybody basically. Nothing was too much trouble and all they want to do is make sure that you have the best time.

The property borders the sea but there is no natural beach but the hotel does have three man made beaches right by the water. There are points along the hotel border that you can swim and snorkel along the edge of a coral reef that teems with more varieties of fish than you can imagine. All the beach areas and pools have an abundance of sun loungers and towels are provided by hotel staff. We stayed around the pool every day and as we were all inclusive drinks were brought to us on a regular basis (sometimes without having to ask) but they also cleaned your sunglasses, brought fresh slices of melon, sprayed you with water and generally made your time there as pleasant as possible.

Like some other reviews I could pick some holes with the evening entertainment but it was in the most part OK and on occasions really good. The animation team tried really hard to give everyone an activity to get involved in during the day and were always cheerful and up beat.

The food was of really good quality and plentiful with a good variety so there was always something for any taste. I must admit by the end of the second week we were ready for a change but that is no reason to mark this hotel down. There were three restaurants, one buffet, one a la carte and one Asian and all were well served, clean and a pleasure to eat in.

All in all this was the best holiday we have ever had and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be in the main hotel and would prefer one of the smaller villas that compri...
2  Thank Bernie D

Dear Mr. Potterfan9,

“Holiday of a lifetime” title tells us that you had a fantastic experience during your recent breakaway at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.

Thank you for highly recommending our property and to have noticed the willingness and care of the Employees to assist.

We would like to thank you for the opportunity given and hope to have the pleasure receiving again.

Kind regards