When we booked the holiday to Sharm, I didn't know what to expect really. On my mind was package holiday, all inclusive, chav central nightmare. However, that aside, we both really wanted to get to Egypt and experience what it had on offer - Cairo, the beaches, diving etc.
We got a great deal, so off we went. The transfer from the airport stopped off at lots of other hotels on the way that were packed in like Blackpool, lots of tacky bars and shops, and we thought, s£^t, what have we let ourselves in for. Then down a road away from it all, was our hotel. Going through a security check point and arriving at a huge forecourt was the gleaming entrance.
Inside, the walls and floors sparkled and a vast reception area greeted us with porters taking our bags. We were taken to our room and deep mahogany furniture, deep piled rugs on marble floors and a fantastic view over the bay emerged. At night, this did present a little problem - the acoustics from all the noise of the bay bounced over to our hotel - but it was a gentle reminder that we could be in the main area therefore a lot worse.
There were three pools, three restaurants, a gym, sauna and spa, a couple of shops and piers over the reef. Everything you really needed without leaving the complex if you wanted. The place was crawling with Russians - but this was Sharm in general too who thought they owned the place and were very rude to the staff and other guests.
The buffet breakfast was amazing - huge amount of choice and variety, constantly being topped up, however the seating area got busy in the mornings and sitting inside by the windows reminded me of a greenhouse - ensure you get a table away from the windows. We had to ask a few times for coffee and tea etc, but as I said, it was really busy. Finding a table outside was difficult as there were few - so get there early to claim the best table outside.
The rooms were cleaned every day and fresh laundry was given daily too. Towels were made into different shapes and the air conditioning was always left on.The cleaners even folded clothes and put toiletries away etc. The service was spot on.
There is a free shuttle bus that runs regularly into the main bay area, however is only a 20 minute walk away - back down the main road. Be warned though, don't try and cut through the hotel complex's grounds next door to the main area - their security get quite arsey with you and turn you around.
If you have a day trip, the kitchen staff will prepare breakfasts and lunches for you too. There is a smart bar too at various floors in the main hotel. The hotel seems to be frequented by Egyptians who are on holiday or there for a meal - always a good sign that they know the best places to go!
No problems with security, cleanliness or anything else like that. Staff were always polite.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, but our trip was a steal, looking at prices now, they are steep, but you get what you pay for! Completely recommend, however if you're not a fan of Russians I would avoid Sharm at all costs. Also, don't expect a sandy beach here...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious 5-star full resort is located nearest to Naama Bay. Gourmet dining, expert diving lessons, and evening entertainment, all with stunning views of the Red Sea. The rooms at Stella di Mare Beach Hotel and Spa feature a contemporary design, and are fully modern with flat screen TVs. Each room includes a private balcony or terrace. Stella di Mare has a state-of-the-art PADI diving center and training facilities on-site. A lavish 600 square meter spa and Wellness Center offers guests full relaxation. Saunas, steam baths, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi are available. Guests can swim in the Stella di Mare's grand outdoor pool, with panoramic views of the surrounding area. The Stella's acclaimed a la carte restaurants offer a variety of dishes from Mediterranean cuisine to Sushi, all prepared by a team of highly-trained international chefs. We also offer guests the chance to play golf on our fantastic short course. Guest's can play whilst enjoying spectacular views of the clear blue sea and can also benefit from our professional golf instructor. The Stella di Mare Beach Hotel and Spa also provides its own evening entertainment program, featuring local Egyptian belly-dancers and international singers nightly. The Resort is located just 10 km from Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport. Free parking is available on-site. Hotel Rooms: 298. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel And Spa