“fan daby dosy!!!”

Ranked #43 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
mfujio3
“fan daby dosy!!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2010

absolutely great resort. clean rooms, plenty of food, friendly staff!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,196)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
glasgow
Reviewed May 29, 2010

This was our 3rd trip to Egypt and by far the best food and service we have had yet. Yes a buffet restaurant does get boring if you are there for 2 weeks but there was always plenty of hot or cold food to choose from. Our rooms on the 1st floor were huge with the same size again for balconies, but our shower was pathetic, even when they changed shower heads for us. Our teenagers were in the room next to us and theirs was fine so we were just unlucky with the water pressure in our room.
The pool areas and beach are lovely and kept very clean, the pool bars are busy from the minute they open until closing time and Nabil and Tamer are the best barmen we have ever met anywhere. The animation team are very hit and miss and like the food become boring after two weeks, as does the evening entertainment. We had quite a few early evenings it was so boring but that suited us as we were there for the weather which was blistering hot some days.
Just up on the main road is the big supermarket, Metro, and lots of others shops. We only ever walked as far as 30mins away and saw a huge variety of shops/restaurants and an internet cafe at La Strada that was half the price of the hotel. The smell of sewage on the walk up to the main road was disgusting and overpowering some times.
Negatives - the spirits were vile and best to have a cocktail to disguise them. Only ate in Italian a la carte once, the food was very good but they really need to look at why you pay for drinks on AI, it was almost empty for the 2 weeks we were there. Mini bar - again what a farce - that also needs to be sorted out - they hand you bottle of water at lunch dinner - why not just put them in the fridge when cleaning the room.

Liverpool
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Hotel was very clean and Staff were brilliant, couldn't do enough for you. Food was good and plenty of it. Drinks weren't up to much and that is the only fault we could find. Make sure you go to the Italian restuarant in the hotel where although you pay for your drinks the food is excellent. Gardens and Beach were really nice and the service was excellent. We'd like to mention Sabry who was our waiter and he always had a drink ready for us when we arrived in the Restaurant and never let us sit with an empty glass.....lovely bloke. Try and take some small (5 & 10's) Egyptian notes with you for tipping, you will find that giving the odd tip will ensure prompt service. The Egyptian night in the hotel wasn't up to much and you had to sit on the floor which wasn't too good for the elderly or anyone with a bad back. Naama bay is worth a visit and a mini bus can be booked in the hotel to take you there and pick you up for a reasonable 70 Egyptian pounds for two. Although Naama bay is quite lively you do get harrassed a bit by bar and shop staff as you walk by. Better to go at night as more is open then. Nice walking in the sea amongst the fish but beware of the little jelly fish, sometimes they can be hard to see. If you are planning to visit Cairo be aware that it is over 7 hour bus journey usually in a little mini bus. When arriving at the airport you will be ushered into buying a visa for £13 each, this is not needed if you're staying in Sharm-el-Sheikh.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My x husband and I stayed at the Coral sea in Sept. We were very impressed with the hotel. The buffet meals I really enjoyed, yes a bit repeatative but there was always plenty on offer so it didn't bother us. We dined at the Al A Carte restaurant the food was beautiful. 2 visits as we went for 2 wks. I booked this holiday for my 40th birthday. Went to the Al a Carte on my birthday, a bit gutted as my X didn't even bother to let them know. They had on that evening sang Happy Birthday to lots of people it was great. The staff there are brilliant, the bar staff I would say have the best memories ever always remembered our drinks, which were always large ones. We met some great people, who I still am in contact with. I wish I could remember peoples names but it's been a while now since I was there. All staff worked very hard and in the red hot weather. Tips I gave mainly to the staff who tendered to us, but did tip the gardeners as they do a superb job in keeping the gardens looking beautiful.
I loved the situation of the hotel, far enough away from the hussel and bussel of Namma Bay but close enogh to restaurants and shops if you wanted to venture out.
There is a great chinese Restaurant just down the road, amazing food went twice, good prices too. Went to Mcdonalds wow, the Big Macs are huge 4 burgers in it, I'm not usually a big eater but had to finish it for a bet.
I would love to go back one day. I actually had tears in my eyes the day we left. 2 wks didn't seem long enough.
Yes I would recommend this hotel to others, and I would love to go back but the prices have increased quite a lot. So maybe if I come up on a really good deal.
Enjoy

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We went to Coral Sea Resort for our Honeymoon in February expecting a relaxing time after the stresses of organising a wedding, we had booked a superior room, which I can assure you it was far from superior, we requested to be moved and we were moved the next day to a better cheaper room, as we had arrived Tuesday evening.

Our first full day Wednesday at the hotel was fine, although we were contantly pestered by the Spa staff, which was quite annoying as you felt badgered into having a treatment, that wasn't that good anyway. The food seemed to be fine with a wide variety, the alcohol on the otherhand was not very nice at all.

By Thursday evening I had started to be ill, then by late evening extremely sick with a severe stomach bug, within six hours I was in agony with the pain, then my husband started with the same symptoms. We had to have the Doctor call to our room to see to us as we could not leave our room. We were given injections and tablets, which we thought would help us, we saw the doctor every day until we left the following Tuesday. We had never been so ill in our lives, we could not wait to get home and see our own Doctor who confirmed that we had both had food poisoning.

We found the hotel reps unhelpful and some of the hotel staff very ignorant, on the otherhand there were members of staff were extremely caring and helpful.

We will never forget this holiday - Our honeymoon mainly spent in our room, but for all the wrong reasons!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bigbird6
northumberland
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I'd read all the reviews here before going and was optimistic about our hols. We stayed for one week from 14th May and had such a relaxing,enjoyable week.

From the start...landing at Sharm Airport there were huge queues as 3 or 4 UK flights landed within quick sucession and the passport control queue wound around the arrivals hall. It did move along quickly though and we waited max 25mins and 15 mins or so for our cases.There were no people trying to grab your cases for you for money as reported on some reviews here. We arrived at the hotel at half ten ish at night and we had to leave our cases outside (under hotel supervision!) and head straight down to the restuarant before checking in. The waiters were very attentive but at no time did we feel they were after a tip...after some lovely hot food and a drink we checked in, went up to our room and our cases were delivered within 5 minutes. We tipped the guy at this point in sterling as we only had a 100 Eygptian note...£1 sterling as he was really pleased.

The room was huge...we were in 1223...overlooking the pool areas and gardens...twin beds (queensize) with a small camp bed for our 7 year old. The room was clean and most importantly cool. If you imagine a travel inn room in the UK, the CSR rooms are a similar set up. The bathroom was clean and tidy and no complaints and though the door frame did have a chunk out, I wouldn't say it was tired looking at all as per some reviews on here. The beds are hard but very comfortable and we all slept well, the pillows are the most fluffed up I've ever had on holiday.

The food...breakfasts...large selection of fruit, yoghurts, bread, pastries (delicious!), freshly made pancakes with toppings, scrambled eggs, omelettes and other things such as quiche, stuffed tomatoes, beef bacon (double yuk!) and frankfurters...oh and lotsof cereal and milk for the kids.The waiters are on hand with fresh tea and coffee and top ups. Lunch...we ate in the dine around every day as our 7 year old loved picking his own food and has never eaten so well, so we didn't get round to the Mermaid for lunch. Lunches and dinners were fantastic salads, rice dishes,potato dishes, fresh fish, chicken, bbq'd meats, stews, pizzas while you wait and pastas, sliced meats and a huge bread selection. We're not burger/ nuggets and chips type people whilst on hols, although they had these too, we like nice food and we all enjoyed the selection and some of the fish and chicken dishes were delicious. I have a sensitive tum and have to be careful but I ate fish and chicken every day with salads and didn't have any tummy trouble at all. There was always a good selection and you could always find something you liked and enjoyed. They did seem to have themed nights, seafood was one which I usually love ,however whole crabs and fish with eyes and tails on the grill didn't do it for me, it might for some.

The waiters are very attentive to clearing your plates away etc, but stop and ask them if you want a drink from the bar and they'll be happy to get it for you.We started off getting our own drinks in the dining room as a lot of guests were doing this...the waiters don't seem to mind either way. On our second night, we asked for some drinks and did it this way from then on. Sabyr was our waiter and extremely good, he'd keep an eye out for us coming into the dining area and have a table ready,closely followed by our drinks...he must have an amazing memory to remember each time. No sooner were your drinks half empty then he'd be coming over with more! We tipped him 3 x 5 Eygptian pounds during the course of the week (equivalent of about 80p each time) and it was well worth it. The waiters work so hard, they were all flat out and certainly there was no expectation from them at all. They work 16 hour days and do 45 days on solid then get 8 days rest.

The pool area...you get towel cards when you first check into the hotel which you hand into the guys at the towel shed beside each pool in exchange for your towles that day. No one offered to take our towels around for us (as reported on here) so we took our own around to our beds each day and didn't feel the need to tip here. There were always plenty of beds although the ones directly around the pool seemed to go quickly. The beach also has a huge amount of beds and parasols. I had intended to stay beside the quiet pool after reading reviews on here but we found ourselves each day at the larger pool as it was closer for a hop to the beach. The music started about ten/half ten each morning...gentle wake up music to start with then it got more lively and louder. To be honest, it gave our 7 year old something to listen to and there was plenty going on to join in or watch so it wasn't a problem for us. Some reports say the water is cold in the larger pool but the temperatures were so hot, it was welcome and I hate cold water and even I was happy to get in, so it couldn't have been that bad.

The animation team do work very hard indeed, seem very friendly characters and make everyone feel welcome, however there is no pressure or hassle on you to join in.

The spa guys do zone in on a white body and we got spoken to a few times in the first couple of days but after that and a friendly no thank you, they leave you alone but will give you a friendly wave as they pass by. No harm at all.

The Aquarius guys from the dive centre,like wise.We were interested in doing a trip and they leave you information and will come and see you later in the day. The trips are all in sterling so they're happy in either currency. We wanted to do the "speed boat dolphin trip" which for 2 adults and one child was £61 (sterling)...we bartered him down to £40 which was agreed. We did have a little bit of hassle as he then later said that price was for 2 adults only (as if we were gonna leave our 7 year old on his own!!??!!) and we had to pay more. I did cave in much to my hubby's annoyance and agreed to pay £50. Srick your ground,folks...I'm so rubbish at the bartering thing and give in to a sad, sulky face which they all seem to do when you barter. I'm so wise to this now and they'll not get past me next year!! The trip was amazing...we had two snorkelling stop offs which were amazing and our 7 year old had the greatest time. No dolphins unfortunately, though the speed boat captain asked us how much we'd pay to see them. Think this was our cue for a tip which I wish we'd done but we said we'd already paid to see them in the cost of the trip! Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It was still a great trip and experience and Alex, our guide, was great in showing us some great fish and coral. Remember to leave all coral and shells in the water and don't be tempted to take any...apparently they scan your luggage at the airport and any shells or coral found results in a £1000 fine.

If you go off the jetty at the beach, you'll see some fantastic fish...head for the flagged areas (to warn boats where the coral is) and you'll hit on.Another tip is to see where a lot of snorkellers already are and you can bet there'll be some good fish there. The water is very shallow if you walk out and even ankle deep,there are fish swimming about.

The evening entertainment was in the ampitheatre...to the left of the hotel as you're facing the pool areas, and this varied from African dance nights, to belly dancers to Miss Coral Sea night (groan!) and animation team themed goings on! We didn't go each night and preferred the lobby bar outside areas with a few cocktails before heading back to our room. We had long, full days so were always ready for our beds.

Bob and Bobi the camels...these are based each evening within the hotel ground, to the left of the pool area on your way to the amphitheatre. A lot of people seemed to barter the price, as we did but with no luck. The guy would not be budged on price...at all!! He was happy to take sterling so for one child it was £6 sterling or 50 eygptian...an adult and a child was 150 eygptian (sorry did not get sterling equivalent). I think this price was ok...it was approx 5mins long but an experience for the kids.

There are a few shops within the hotel complex...upstairs above where the dine around restaurant is, there's a jewellery shop/souveniir shop,a shop selling glass perfume bottles and oils and one where you can buy inflatables for the pool. On our first full day there, we had a look on the evening and the guys engage you in conversation and give you a free gift in the hope you'll come back. We got 2 free keyrings, 2 perfume bottles and 2 beaded bracelets and I did feel would go back to buy some souvenirs later in the week. Dino, who has the nik nak shop oi the ground floor outside was lovely with our son and gave us a wave each day. We did go back to him the day before we flew home but we made the mistake of saying it was our last full day...he got quite shirty when we tried to barter the price with him and said he was being fair and we'd questioned his homor etc by trying to lower the price. Had it not been for my 7 year old wanting gifts for his friends, I would have gladly walked away that night. I did feel disappointed with the whole experience that night especially as we ended up paying over the odds for what was a few cheap nic naks. This is another mistake I will not repeat again.

I did get sick of the constant haggling at prices...with the newspaper guy at the pool, with the guy at the pharmacy at the hotel over some womens monthly necessities (groan!), over a pool inflatable (take note...go to tesco before you go and buy what you need...a blow up ring for the pool we did manage to get down from £12 to £5 but it was hard work. I say me...but it was hubby who did all the bartering and it just got too much in the end.

The metro supermarket just outside the hotel grounds has everything priced up and what a relief...they are reasonable too so head there for your snacks and things. Also make sure you stock up for the airport on the way home as nothing has a price and is a rip off...£3 for a bottle of water and £4 for a can of pop. £1.50 for a packet of walkers crisps and £7 for a slice of pizza.

To sum up, we had a lovely.lovely holiday...soooo relaxing. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the food was delicious. The drinks were good, I thought and we enjoyed white wine,red wine, bacardi and the cocktails. The hotel staff, at reception, in the dine around, housekeeping, etc were great although next time for sure I will avoid the hotel shops and anything where we need to haggle...it's not worth feeling cross or ripped off on your hols. I look forward to going back next year

4 Thank NorthumberlandClaire
London
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We had a lovely holiday, due in part to the hotel. They have things pretty well organised, staff are attentive, polite and fun for the most part. Food and drink is adequate although we thought the beer and spirits were watered down, which is not unusual at all inclusive places but still slightly disappointing. Food did get monotonous after a week, but there are certain things they do really well (pizza, chilli, ice cream). Mermaids is worth having lunch at some days for a change, as is the Italian restaurant for dinner. We ate out one night at the chinese restaurant outside the hotel gates which made a nice change too. They allow you 2 x 1.5l bottles of water per person at breakfast and lunch which I would recommend you take as the temperature is off the scale during the day.

The beach feels man-made, I'm not sure if it is though. Sea is clean and warm but far too shallow for swimming unless you walk out on the jetty. We didn't go snorkelling at the hotel but we heard there were some great sights to take in from those who did. The pools are large, clean and well designed for messing around in. Swim up bars are always a treat and there are 2 here. Plenty of sun beds and shade on the beach and round the pools - no need to claim yours early, in fact they will remove towels at 10am if you haven't turned up.

We were amazed at the number of tattoos on show, the tatt-o-meter is unbelievable. The average per person is at least 3, and I would imagine that at least 25% of all visible skin is inked in. Add to that lots of football shirts and sub-burnt, half-cut Brits and you get a picture of the customers you will encounter here. Probably more northern Brits than anyone else, lots of Russians too.

Downsides. Spa sales staff and Aquarius (dive school) sales staff are constantly walking round the pool and beach trying to get you to have massages, treatments and lessons. Prices are high to start with so haggle downwards. We had 2 massages each which were fine, nothing special though. Also watch out for leering from staff - it gets boring after a while.

Hotel rooms are adequate, we had about an hour each night killing mosquitos in our room which was a pain. We asked house-keeping to spray each morning which helped, but then they left the door open to clean the room, which didn't. Bathrooms were good enough, but tired. Beds very comfortable.

Hotel entertainment was OK, they have a decent programme of events and socials, it isn't amazing but more or less everyone was enjoying themselves. Waiters and bar staff seemed to remember what we liked drinking throughout the holiday which was a nice touch. The service generally was very good.

We were sorry to be leaving, which is a sign of a good hotel. As for Sharm itself, we don't think there is enough to do unless you are a serious diver to make us feel like going back any time soon. Overall, very relaxing, good staff, amazing weather, made this a holiday to remember.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple