“Amazing winter getaway”

Ranked #51 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Bristol
“Amazing winter getaway”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Getting off the plane in 22C having left the UK, when it was 2C, meant that from the moment we disembarked the plane this holiday was going to be a sure fire hit!

We flew from Bristol and the flight was on time so a short trip to the sun :-) Anyways, this hotel and its staff were central to our amazing holiday.

There is TONNES to do at this hotel; including just chilling out :-) But holiday is when I do the most exercise - to offset the increase in calories with all the food/booze - so joined in with the:

Water volleyball
Water Polo
Beach Volleyball
Football

The football is mercifully at 4.15 when it's cooler and the AstroTurf pitch is class.

Plus, there is of course the water park, which entertained us for HOURS and all the walking up steps to get to the slides helps with the large lunches you inevitably eat.

Snorkelling off the beach is extraordinarily good given the proximity to so many tourists BUT you need to walk down the beach to the Anwaj hotel jetty to get straight to the coral reef drop off. My wife and I went to the Maldives in July where the snorkelling is unrivalled in terms of fish but the soft/hard coral variety is truly immense here and the number of fish types good. I'll upload photos to let you see.

The jetty at Anwaj is specific to their guests but I slipped the guy at the end a fiver and was treated like a superstar and afforded use of the safe box to leave your stuff in.

Night time entertainment is perfectly adequate and provides a good few laughs. Having entered (and lost) Miss Coral sea Resort where I had to dress up like a woman and carry out all manner of heinous (but amusing to the audience :-) tasks. Was great fun.

The animation team work tirelessly to engage with guests and even arrange nights where you can be escorted to clubs with all inclusive drinks. These are chargeable and range from £10-£25 per person.

Some people will invariably whinge about being pestered/annoyed by animation but simply sitting at the quiet pool lets them know you're chilling. They are, after all, only doing their job.

Danny, Cally and Luigi are the animation team members I felt went over and above the normal animation team standard I'm used to. They made you laugh and or had a smile on their faces every time you saw them.

The 4 of us also went on the Ultimate Desert Experience trip booked via Thomson staff and involved:

Quad biking into the desert
Ride on a camel
Shish pipe
Bedouin People made dinner under starlight
4 different shows
Quad biking back in the dark

It cost £43 and I thought was well worth the money. The site of someone falling off their quad and it driving off by itself made me laugh so hard my ribs nearly broke.

The food at the hotel is really great and there is a huge variety ensuring you never get bored. The a la carte places also provide lunch and ensures there is variety of locale as well as what one eats. Something which is good but not immediately obvious in the main restaurant is the BBQ outside each night.

The red wine is quaffable but not super and so we tended to stick to spirits. The drinks are always served with a smile and Nabil, Taha, Mahmoud and Ahmed are a credit to the hotel. Yes I tipped them BUT it was their enduring patience, constant pleasant demeanour in the the face of many drunk British people asking for drinks hours on end. It really does show you what hard work and customer service should be like.

The room and balcony were lovely and there is a huge variety of English speaking channels on the TV.

This hotel is great and anyone finding fault are the kind of person that should keep their miserable, boring faces back in the UK.

Will be back in 2014 :-)

John & Claire

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank john090780
HHeikal, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you a lot for your very comprehensive review about your recent holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld, there really is a lot of information there for any future guest to take on board. We really appreciate the time and consideration you have put into your review as I am sure other readers do too.

I am really pleased you have enjoyed your family holiday with us and we have exceeded your expectations in all areas. Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Coral Sea Hotels - Resorts - Nile Cruises

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,195)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was our second visit to the resort, staying two weeks this time as one week last year was just not long enough (three weeks next year, we reckon) and 'oh my, we weren't disappointed'! It was everything we remembered it to be and more (please see our review from December 2012)! We e.mailed the hotel prior to our arrival to ask if it was possible to have the same room as we had stayed in last year and they replied within 24 hours to our e.mail to say that unfortunately this would not be possible, as the room was now a family room but would give us the room directly above, which had the same beautiful view of the lovely gardens, pools and the sea. We think this shows just how much, even though it is a big resort, they do offer the personal touch. The robes, slippers, fruit and chocolates that were placed in our room on arrival were a lovely addition to last year.....as was the provision of tea/coffee making facilities. We found all of the staff to be fantastic, they worked above and beyond to make our stay such a happy and memorable one. A special mention from us must go to Mahmoud on reception, Nabil (the barman at the Lobby Bar), the three Ahmeds (the towel man and the barman at the smaller pool and the barman at the beach bar) and also the pool attendant, again at the smaller pool who's name we can't recall (sorry, but he he will know who he is!).Another mention must go to all of the staff in the main restaurant, including the chefs, for providing us with such a wide variety of food during our two week stay. The smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast were superb not to mention the delicious pancakes! We also visited the Italian Restaurant, where the food was lovely and the Tiramisu was to die for! We feel that the gardeners at this resort also deserve a mention as they work tirelessly to keep the beautiful gardens immaculate. Last, but definitely not least......the Animation Team! This animation crew of guys and girls surpassed Mario and his crew from last year! They kept everyone of all ages from the tiny children through to the OAP's entertained at all times....and all of this done with a smile on their faces at all times (Luigi! 'that's what I'm talking about....ooh baby!) As with last year, it did not matter whether you wanted to be a participant or a spectator in the various activities, they treated everybody with the same care and attention. The evening entertainment was also mainly covered by the animation crew, which had us in stitches lots of times......also although we had no small children with us, have to say we enjoyed watching Daisy the donkey! All in all, whatever age you are, this really is a super place to stay for a fun, happy, safe holiday!! We look forward to returning in May for our third visit, which we already know will not be our last as it is such a special place! Wendy and Steve (room 1208 - the Bournemouth Boozers....and no, we never did get to win the sunset quiz but, yes Chloe, I have got some clothes on now!!!)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wendy K
HHeikal, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Guests,

So twice ... and counting!
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review about your 2nd holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld; there really is a lot of information for our future guests to take on board.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your 3rd visit; do let us know once you have booked your next stay!
Kind regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Just back, had a wonderfully relaxing holiday. This was our fifth time to the Coral Sea and found the water park an exceptional bonus. For the money, who could complain? Sun, sand, superb staff, the rooms are spacious, very clean and the daily towel 'artwork' extremely imaginative! However... I have found the food this time less impressive at the Mermaid Restaurant cold and 'samey'. There is, just 2 mins away, Starbucks, Burger King and Hard Rock Cafe so no one starved but with all inclusive you don't expect to want to eat elsewhere, do you? It's a wonderful hotel and I'm certain we will be back, thank you to all the staff and Reda our fab maid who was the towel artist, always there when needed and efficient. Thank you!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan C
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your 5th holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your 6th visit; we will be delighted to have you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My partner & i went from 24/11/2013 - 05/12/2013. We had a brilliant time! On arrival a birthday cake on behalf of the hotel was left in our room for my partners birthday which i thought was such a heartwarming touch to the holiday. The weather was around 32/31 degrees which was lovely but we did have 2 overcast days but still was warm during these. The resort was lovely and very clean grounds. We had a room on the second floor facing the outside of the hotel which was nice as it was quiet. The rooms are very spacious and were always clean everyday. The food was lovely, no one could say there was nothing to eat there at all they had turkey, kebabs, stir fry, fish, beef, chicken, pasta, pizza, paninis, salad etc you name it a choice for everyone! The bed was lovely and comfy and very big. The waterpark was excellent had great fun there, spent half our days in the waterpark and the other half by the pool. You have 14 slides, wave pool, lazy river all great fun. The animation team were excellent, constantly busy with everyone making them smile having fun getting everyone involved in activities and games they do an excellent job with kids club as well. The evening entertainment was fabulous! Had Mr & Misses coral sea, fire show, quiz night, break dance battle, Egyptian show loved every moment! The nights out are also great went to the beach party twice and the beach club and hardrock which was such a fun night! We ate out once which was at Hard rock which is like all the hard rocks lovely food. Went to Soho Square - Went in the ice bar & watched the water fountain dance was very busy but lovely place to go at night. Overall we both loved this resort and the animation team! We would come back tomorrow if we could.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bethnee
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Waterworld and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back "TOMORROW" if you can; we will be delighted to have you back.

Devon
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Can I firstly start by saying thank you to cally and luigi from the animation team.and a massive thanks to mikha from the towel hut and Ahmed from the beach bar. Without these 4 people i probably wouldn't return to the hotel. They were absolutely fantastic,they made our stay fun and are a great asset to the hotel.always friendly and smiling and extremely hard working.

AL A CARTE:
Italian and Indian were nice, just a shame we had to pay for our drinks even tho we are all inclusive?
ROOMS:
Lovely comfortable beds and big spacious rooms, the bathroom in our room needs some work, 1203. The bath had yellow stains in it and just generally looked very run down.
I never met our cleaner but the floors were never cleaned? Would get out of the shower and get dirt stuck to our feet.
RESTAURANTS:
Lovely food, great variety. We loved the water park restaurant. The food was lovely and fresh and tasted so much better.
WATER PARK:
So much fun, me my husband, sister and brother in law spent a lot of time in there. "Big kids"
Lazy river great too.
BEACH:
Lovely beach, we walked down to the 3rd jetty and the snorkelling was amazing. We paid the man a little bit to let us on the jetty as people from other hotels aren't allowed on there.
But once he saw a bit of dosh you were VIP guests lol.
The coral was the best I've ever seen and would go back just for that reason.
SPA: this was the only part of my holiday I really got annoyed about. Me and my sister booked a deep tissue massage each. £32.50 pp. once we got in there the man tried to sell us ANOTHER treatment before we had even had the massage, and Once we came out of our lovely relaxing massage he tried to do it again.this is totally ridiculous.it totally ruined the experience because me and my sister left feeling totally harassed and stressed! They then came down to the pool afterwards and tried to do it again. Very unprofessional ! If we wanted 1, 2 or 8 massages then we would come and book it !

Outside the hotel is great for shopping. We spent a lot of time out and were harassed a little bit but if you say no then they will leave you alone.
Me and my sister were in handbag heaven!

The only thing we were a little disappointed with was the minibar in the room, you have to pay for all the drinks and a little carton of juice was about £2.80.
Me and my husband went to the local supermarket and bought our own drinks for about 16p but then on checkout they tried to charge us £30 as they thought it was their drinks.should be free if going all inclusive and the internet should also be free. We had to pay about £5 for a wifi card for 15 minutes.
All in all me and my family really enjoyed it. And if cally, luigi, mikha and Ahmed are still there next year, then I will be bringing my extended family out for a holiday as well as we loved it and loved them!

• Stayed December 2013
HHeikal, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Waterworld Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Waterword; we are delighted to know that you and your family have truly enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with the overall stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon; please do let us know once you have booked your next holiday.
Warm regard,

cumbria england
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Just returned from a week at csww where do I start ,the staff are brilliant the complex is clean and these food even for the pickiest of eaters before I went I read all the reviews about people being ill I went with my daughter who is a nurse and we used all the hand sanitizers and there is plenty the waterworld is brilliant . I have been to plenty of hotels etc but I have never seen an animation team that worked so hard they were brilliant and had a conversation with everyone if you didn't want to join in they never bothered you .Thank you all staff and especially the animation team for a great holiday

Room Tip: All rooms are good