“Good hotel with fabulous weather!”

Coral Sea Waterworld Resort
Ranked #48 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Good hotel with fabulous weather!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Returned early hours of this morning (24th May 2013) after a sun filled week at the Coral Sea Waterworld.

ACCOMMODATION:
The hotel itself was great, no problems with cleanliness. Our cleaner was brilliant and made us lovely towel sculptures. The room #2157 was great, with a sea view. All staff were friendly and courteous at all times to my family.

FOOD:
The food was OK, choice was a little limited if you aren't of the adventurous type. Although even my wife tried roasted Ostrich leg! The selection is not different really from anything else I have been offered whilst being abroad... After all you aren't in the UK so things will be different.
The Mermaid Bar was definitely our favorite for lunch as the Dine Around restaurant got very 'samey' if you went 3 times a day.
I found Hayat bottled water (Red Cap) a little strange tasting however the Aquafina (Blue cap) that was brought in later during the week was much better. The problem with the bottled water was that it was not available throughout the day (only during lunch and dinner services). There was water available from numerous water towers however we were a little skeptical of drinking from it.
Soft Drinks were fine with Pepsi and 7Up being offered. The beer (Pharaohs Beer and 'Stella'?!?!) however was not very good usually it was warm! :(

WEATHER:
Fabulous! Pretty sure it never went below 35 Celcius...

FACILITIES:
The Water World was brilliant and our children (5 and 8) loved it! Despite the 'incident' that occurred during our stay we never feared for our childrens safety as we supervised them in the pools at all times. At the end of the day that is your responsibility as a parent not someone elses. My children spent endless hours in the Wave Pool without any issues.

8 Thank Ross F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,195)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I felt I had to write this review in support of the hotel and Tui; we arrived on the 15th May and were delighted with the layout of the hotel and our room.

Unfortunately we were at the waterpark during the tragic incident (the little angel was laid on the floor right next to our sunbeds) and I am not going to get into the details of what people are saying happened that day but I do feel it is important to state that the hotel have very clear signs stating that children are the responsibility of the parents. In my opinion there were lifeguards on duty and they actively joined in the attempts to resuscitate this little girl.

We booked the hotel specifically for the waterpark and although this was the most shocking experience in fairness to the hotel the facility is amazing. Clean and well planned. We found the staff very helpful and eager to please and although it was an uncomfortable few minutes when we went back into the waterpark on the Saturday I am glad we did so.

The pools within the hotel complex were excellent with both shallow and deeper areas, the swim up bars were an added bonus.

Our room was amazing, and was kept immaculate by our lovely cleaner. Only issue we had with the room was the size of the pillows :-)

The beach was clean and there were always sunbeds available. Although it was very shallow for a long way out so snorkelling was only off the jetty - we did take our 4 year old an a great boat trip booked on the beach which went over the reef and he was able to look through a window into the coral below. Lots of Nimo fish to be seen :-)

The Mozzies were bad, but we bought some of the local spray and once we used that we didn't have a problem. It was very hot for the time of the year and I think they were worse than usual.

Food wise I have a very fussy 4 year old and he ate like a horse - they alternate between pancakes and waffles at breakfast and he loved them with warm chocolate sauce. Lunch at the mermaid bar was excellent. I agree not the most extensive menu but a choice of 14 or 15 dishes so plenty to chose from.

Dinner in the buffet was great; we have been on a lot of all inclusive holidays and this was better than a lot of them. Lots of lovely salads and always a carvery meat along with various different main course meat dishes to pick. Sweets were the best we have ever had, particularly the chocolate brownie like ones.

It was the most traumatic experience of my life at the pool on the Friday but the Reps were wonderful with us (I can only speak as I find) and the management of the hotel were very happy to talk things through with us to put our minds at rest. It would be a real shame if this lovely hotel was judged on what was just a tragic accident.

24 Thank Georgesmum40
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We arrived late, tired and hungry, unloaded our cases and within minutes ushered to the restaurant for dinner, the start of a carefree chilled week.
I am writing this because i have witnessed some ridiculous behaviour and seen reviews that do not resemble my experience.
Food: various, some you will like,some maybe not, that is a variety of fresh breads. usual cereals,
we often favoured a greek style, made up from tomatoes cucumber feta boiled egg etc
I also enjoyed soused Herring type fish for breakfast
For lunch when going to the Mermaid,it was pleasant but very much less variety.
I could go into all the different dinners but that's for each to explore and make up for themselves. Always available, boiled potatoes, plain rice, freshly made pasta, spinach or cooked vegetables and a mountain of different styles of food.
I heard a mother complain that there was nothing child friendly.......Chips always.......she wanted chicken nuggets and i suspect backed beans,
Explore the food hall, healthy section, oriental section, i could go on....I ate roast ostrich for the first time and boringly another day had some roast turkey, missing the delicious moussaka my daughter was tucking in to.
Safety, its in your hands, i was witness to the words and sobs of a distraught father and missed being in that location by taking lunch, I am CPR trained and would have possibly noticed earlier had i been in that 'wave pool' all week i had been witness to near miss or accidents waiting to happen...........please PARENTS do not leave your child without a diligent eye, it takes one gulp
panic and gone.......is anything food or otherwise in this world worth it.!!!!
I will forever think that like in the other pools all week,I may have been the hand available to lift that child's head, or steady her But.........your child should be on an invisible elastic, adventure
but only a reach away.
The beach, perfect for children to play safely with bucket and spade in the age old way....sun beginning to set friends lounging and chatting and children digging a deep hole, collecting water to fill it and watching the fish as they do. very safe for children as long as parents remember that a toddler can drown in 2 inches of water
BE SAFE ENJOY THIS LOVELY PLACE!!!!!!

Room Tip: we like quieter and the room we were given easterly, or to the right of flumes, we could see the sea...
10 Thank Sandy B
watford herts
Reviewed May 24, 2013

just returned from our 10th visit and my parents 7th first off my mum uses a wheelchair and finds it hard to do stairs on arrival my parents were put on the 2nd floor when said it was not suitable they upgraded them to the ground floor which they had to pay half the upgrade price (which i think this is wrong to penalize disabled people)went to see fc reps and they refunded our late room checkout as a refund ,the water-park is very good you can have the best of both worlds with the quiet beach or the pool and there is quiet parts of the water-park the lazy river is fab. the only thing now they are gearing for family's so they need to up date some more of the building eg lifts plus some of the staff are not as friendly with you anymore which is a shame as it used to feel like our second home nebil samir and bob and Mahmoud are still friendly there the best 4 left at the resort i think the rooms are clean but you only sleep in them so they don't need to be top notch its a shame i think they are ruining what was once a very good hotel and holiday we will return don't now how many more times will just have to wait and see please don't treat this as a bad review as we are all different and like different things

2 Thank barfall
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We returned from coral sea on 16th May It was our fourth visit and definitely wont be our last There was painting goin on whilst we were there but it didn't cause any problems Our room was excellent and the staff were once again brilliant The added waterpark is amazing and just makes this hotel a fabulous place to visit We had no problem with staff as suggested by previous review We found them just as welcoming as before

Room Tip: we upgraded to deluxe room and it was beautiful
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tina_m186378
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Myself and my best friend stayed here from 15th - 22nd May and I can honestly say it was the best holiday I've ever had!

The hotel has recently been refurbished and the waterpark built to the side of the hotel, and I was told that each of the rooms had been refurbished too. We stayed in a family room so that my friend could have the main double bed, and I pushed the 2 'day beds' together to form another double bed and slept on that - very comfy! The hotel is spotless!! Cleanliness is obviously high on their priorities here and staff are made to wear latex gloves and are made to change them every 15 minutes, religiously.

The food is buffet style served in the 'dine around' restaurant. Each night there is a different theme to the food on offer, and the theme nights are on a 2 week rota'd basis before it returns to the start again. Food on offer can cater for even the fussiest of eaters, like myself, although I cant say I was overly fond of the Egyptian themed night! Puddings that evening were yummy though! As mentioned in previous reviews, a lot of the desserts do contain or are topped with nuts of some description, but this is stated beside each dessert. We only made it to breakfast one morning which was the first morning we were there, but there was a good selection of fresh fruit, cereals, pastries etc. For those complaining that there's no full English breakfast available, you're in Egypt, not England! Lunch has got a good selection of hot and cold meals available and there is always a huge selection of salad to choose from too. I have to admit, after hearing lots of horror stories about people having upset tummy's in Egypt (in general, not this hotel specifically), I stayed away from the fruit and salad but did eat the veg. A few days into the hotel I discovered that they used bottled water for their ice so then I started having ice in my drinks again. Both myself and my friend were fit and healthy throughout our stay. Just remember to constantly sanitize your hands when you touch money, door handles etc whether youre in our out of the hotel... better to be safe than sorry! At dinner, we were greeted into the restaurant by Nabil offering us 'cocktail of the day' - he was such a friendly guy and nothing is ever too much trouble.

The bars serve your all inclusive drinks but be warned - some of the Egyptian alcohol tastes like paint stripper and they don't measure the alcohol like they do in England. To make the wine more drinkable, I found that 1/2 wine and 1/2 lemonade was a good mixture. Cocktails vary depending on the alcohol involved - for example, Tequila Sunrise was BEAUTIFUL however vodka based cocktails weren't so nice, as the vodka tastes vile! They did have branded alcohol behind the bar (eg. Smirnoff) but you have to pay for this.

Some people at the hotel and in Sharm, just generally, had a real issue with mosquito's but we bought 'Raid' and 'Off' from the metro supermarket outside of the hotel (you can even get it at the pharmacy) and sprayed our room each night and each other before and after we went out, and we walked away with 2 little bites on our feet - I recommend both sprays highly!

The only bad point about the hotel and is the only reason I have not given them 5 stars, is the fact that the evening entertainment is appauling!! There is a mini disco at the stage near the waterpark between the hours of 8-9pm, and then a show until about 10.30pm but it really is poor. We saw the animation team about 3 times during our week stay in the daytimes... there was no interaction with the guests from them and for adults, you need to occupy yourselves at night or you'll be in bed after dinner! It really was bad! Fortunately for myself and my friend, we went to the hotels Irish bar every evening where there is a DJ playing music and were entertained by the barstaff - Mahmoud and Mohammed - both of who were fantastic and really helped to make our holiday.

From what I can see, I think management are quite strict on the staff with how they interact with guests, which is a shame as they want you to enjoy your stay there. For example, we became good friends with one of the photographers on site, but he left us ubruptly one evening as security were watching him and would report back to the manager for talking to us... He'd done nothing wrong!? There are other examples too but I don't want to name names inc ase I get anyone into trouble. The staff are AMAZING! Everyone is very friendly, always happy to help and nothing is too much trouble. We didn't feel obliged to tip anyone although we did tip those that we'd had the most to do with and had helped to make our holiday so memorable.

On a sadder note, it was during our stay that the little girl died at the Waterpark. During our stay, we chose to stay in the waterpark rather than go to the swimming pools. mainly this was because you'd have to get up at the crack of dawn to secure a sunbed at the swimming pool but also because I'm one of those people that cant keep still for long so whilst my friend was cooking herself on a sunbed, I'd happily float around all day on the lazy river. The staff in the waterpark are absolutely fantastic and my main concern following this tragic accident, is that it would deter people from coming here when it is perfectly safe. The waterpark staff are great with children and are very strict with rules when you use the rides.. I even had to take my necklace off to go down a water slide?! Each pool the chutes spill into and at the top of each tower, is a member of staff keeping an eye on things and making sure the rules are followed. The staff were clearly upset by the accident that day and there was a strange atmosphere in the hotel that evening, understandably. Signs are erected all around stating that you must keep an eye on your children too although the staff are around as well.

There is a hard rock café, mcdonalds, KFC, burger king and TGI Fridays all within walking distance for those of you who miss home, but be warned if you step outside the hotel, men will run up to you instantly to get you into their shops and taxi's beeping at you for a ride which can get quite irritating very quickly - obviously not the hotels fault, but just to prewarn you.

All in all, a wonderful hotel but definitely need to improve their evening entertainment.

Would I go back? In a heartbeat! Whens the next flight!?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank Tania W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Got back on Tuesday after 10 days, three family's 11 people in total.
We was at the pool at the time the little girl died , not going to go in to that to much because we have gave statements. Apart from please do not think the life guards are there to look after your kids , this is not the case and was not watching the pool at the time and did not know CPR.
Right the hotel is nice and the rooms are great if you have upgraded, if you haven't you should. Two family's did and our rooms were great the other family's room was very old and dated
The pool rooms, Internet ,Irish bar and the gym could do with being updated too
The waterpark and pools are really good, and the beach is nice.
Staff , the cleaners were very friendly and the rooms was always very clean
The restaurant staff were also friendly.
From here it goes down hill, bar staff were not very happy and come across quite arrogant ,if you are ordering more than 4 drinks and as there was 11 of us this was most of the time, they begrudged the fact if you sat at swim up bar and asked for a drink after finishing one and you also did this a lot because of the heat and that they serve drinks in tiny paper cups
The soft drinks that were drinkable was the Pepsi,fanta and lemonade.
Fresh juice was not fresh and so sickly sweet ,our small kids mostly had water. The sprits are the worst I have ever tasted, all the white ones vodka, gin and white rum tasted of windowline and all tasted the same as each other, nothing like what like was meant to taste like. The wine was just bad! The beer was nice but in the paper cups and the size of the cup they didn't last long than you had to wait for them to be bothered to come back over to you and this was a long wait even when no one else was there. They acted like you should not have another one.
There is no waiter service at the pools or the beach. The Irish bar was so bad it was funny.
The food was awful , no choice, the same things everyday, soon got bored of the minimal choice.
they think all people live on French Fries and over cooked pasta . The resturant needed new applinces which you would have thought they would have after referb.
The alacart restaurants were the same not much choice and basic food plus you have to pay for the drinks, the same awful drinks. Another thing was you were only allowed bottled water from the main restaurant at lunch and dinner in the evening. They charged you for using ones in the room.I have never had this on all inclusive before!
The entertainment was by far the worst any of us has seen

I have been to Egypt three times and this was by far the worst!! stayed at Rixos last time ( was called royal grand azure ) and HV they was easyly ten times better both true 5 stars
the food amazing choice and differant food every day the (real)drink, service was amazing they come round and took your drinks and food orders whever you was on the beach or by the pool , food was always avalible and ice cream was served all day help your self

Room Tip: Upgrade from the basic rooms because they are very dated and old, the new rooms are really nice with...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends