Coral Sea Waterworld Resort
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
$65
$126
$66
  • Breakfast included
Il Mercato Hotel & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
$40
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence(Sharm El Sheikh)
$100
$95
Hotels.com
$50
6,450 results
All reviewsanimation teamgreat holidayfishevening entertainmentwater park ismain restauranttwo weekssomething for everyonegreat funthese guyswater polohard rockfamily holidaykids clubbig shoutice creamwork hard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2012

myself and my husband stayed here in dec 2012 for our honeymoon the hotel itself is beautifull and the staff are very friendly and helpfull there are hundreds of activities to do and the entertainment staff are of the best ive ever seen, we are returning in 2013 with our children we want to share this place with our family we loved it here very clean and the best place we ever been :)

1  Thank rachel r
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Me and boyfriend visited the Coral Sea Resort for a week 18th November - 25th November and we had a wonderful time and are considering returning again next year! When we arrived we checked in and went to find our room (the suitcases are brought up to your rooms for you). We were wandering around for ages because we could not for the life of us find the room, it was like a maze the signs didn't help us at all and we were worried our suitcases would be in our room before we were. We eventually found it on the second floor then we couldn't get the door open because you had to push the key really hard to get the door open. The room itself was lovely and clean, so was the bathroom, it was tidied everyday and we got fresh towels everyday which was good. The weather was beautiful all week to say it was november, makes a change from England! The pool area is lovely too with plenty of sunbeds so you aren't getting up early to reserve sunbeds because there was plenty throughout the day and you could chose an area you liked. There are two pool bars which have a variety of drinks, we were all inclusive so we got as many as we liked. The staff are all so friendly and nice and will make you feel so welcome and remember you. My boyfriend got offered 500 camels one night from the barman for me then it was 600 the next night! Luckily my boyfriend arrived home camel free!

I would reccomend a trip to the pyramids, we visited on the thursday and had a great time! It is well worth a visit to them and the sphynx. We went inside a little pyramid and be warned it is very stuffy and humid, you will want to come out and soon as you get in. Wear sensible shoes because there is limited handles to hold on to on the way down, i thought it was gonna slip. There are thousands of people all at the pyramids, mostly teeenagers and dont worry if they start taking pictures of you, it's because they haven't seen anyone like us before. A lot of the teenage girls wanted pictures of me because i was only one in our tour group with blonde hair so watch out if you have blonde hair :) There are lots of horses and camels around as well and flies, be careful where you step because of the poo...
We also went on the SInai by Starlight trip which was good, we got to ride a camel to the campsite and the people that live there made dinner for us. The only bad thing about that trip was it was cloudy so we didn't get to see any stars. (It was the only night we were there that was cloudy so it was just our luck)

The bad points
-Beware of the spa and beauty room workers coming round to you on sunbeds trying to sell you massges, you just need to keep telling them no however much they persist. One woman from the beauty room sat on the end of my sunbed made me sit up and told my boyfriend he had spots and i had a moustache! i couldn't look at her after for afraid of what i might say.
-We went out the resort one night and vowed never to do it again, i was terrified, the drivers are crazy and a guy chased us on a camel because we ignored him!
-If someone tries to take your suitcases at the airport when you arrive ignore them because a guy took ours off us and demanded a tip, we kept telling him we had no money and he wouldnt leave us so in the end i just said can i have my suitcase please, took it off him and walked off.

All in all a good holiday :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whrjr
Reviewed December 27, 2012

this holiday is very good, because the staff are very nice an friendly and is a very good location, and hot all year round as we went at christmas time and it was 28, everyone was very welcoming and helpful, there could not have done anymore, a booked it through thomson and from start to finish it was first class, i think that why they brought out first choice becose they are first choice in my books!!!!

Room Tip: garden room seemed to be a bit quieter,
1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had a wonderful week at the coral sea i would definatley look to return. All of the staff are really friendly from the waiting staff in the dine around to mahmoud at the pool bar always there with a joke and a smile and a lovely cocktail for you!!

The Entertainment staff worked tirelessley to keep people happy and involved, i didnt find them too pushy though if people just wanted to relax and for the day. Myself and my husband took part in most of the fun and games and enjoyed playing volleyball at the beach

The hotel was lovely and kept spotlessly clean, our room was massive and really nicely presented. I especially loved the towell art the cleaners left for you on a daily basis

The beach was really nice although a little gravelly and we really enjoyed being able to walk to the end of the jetty and have a snorkle around in deeper waters.

We enjoyed the dine around restaurants but also ate in both a la cartes. Now i have to say a lot of people there didnt like the indian but myself and my partner loved it i found it tasty and lovely and the service fantastic, same for the italian restaurant it was really nice change from the buffet. Only downside is you pay for you drinks there which is a shame when you think you are paying for a full all inclusive experience

Outside the resort you need to learn to be even a little rude and dismissive or you will get dragged into every shop with an offer of a free gift followed by a very pushy sales pitch. Learn to be firm and get good at haggling and you will be just fine. We did 2 trips and apart from that didnt spend much time outside the resort we didnt need to. We did the desert trek with camels and quads through thomson which was amazing and the vip boat trip. Im sorry but i wasnt impressed you are told its all inclusive but nobody mentions the no alchol on board rule, the food was lovely but the snorklelling well we didnt see much different from what we saw at the end of the hotel jetty. Not for us to be honest but as alwys the tour guides were lovely.

All in all a great week i would definatley go back to the coral sea but probably not when they build the water park. As a childless couple this will bring more kids in and will probably no longer appeal to us...such a shame

3  Thank Gemma J
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Arrived back in the UK around 01:30 hrs on 21st Dec from the Coral Sea Resort Egypt after a week's holiday from 13th Dec to 20th Dec.

Transfers and check-in were hassle free, we were all greeted by smiles and smiles are what we got from morning till night. Luggage was taken to the room whilst we checked-in and then we were directed to the restaurant for our meal as it was pretty late when we first arrived. First impressions of the room seemed ok, but as I say we arrived in the dark and upon closer inspection the following morning I was a little disappointed to say the least as the bathroom seemed quite in need of repair, quite a few cracked tiles around the bath, a leaking sink (which was reported) but not rectified! However the beds were huge and really comfy and the room was cleaned to a relatively good standard each day. The location of our room was great, we stayed in room 2043 which was quite hard to find in the dark as this place is huge and like a maze, but we soon found a route and stuck to it, we were pretty central to both pools and to the beach.

As I say the resort itself is massive, There are two huge pools, one of which is heated during winter as the animation team (they do a superb job by the way) do aerobics and pool sports in this pool and one not, (the one closest to the beach) but in the summer I’m guessing its warm. The beach is right on the doorstep of the resort with beach bars should you prefer a little quiet time.

The resort has a main restaurant, a smaller restaurant/bar next to the beach which is called the Mermaid Bar which turns into an Indian restaurant at night (get wrapped up as it is quite breezy on an evening, however partitions have since been placed so this may have rectified that issue) and also an á la carte Italian restaurant. The daily buffets choices for breakfast, lunch and evening meal in the main restaurant were in abundance combined with themed nights and so much variety for everyone. If you go hungry in this place then it’s your own fault!! The á la carte Italian was exceptional, again friendly at tentative staff and not too obtrusive. The food at the Mermaid bar in my opinion did not impress me, the chips had been reheated, the bread was hard and the chicken filling in my sandwich was barely warm. With the restaurant being outside the local sparrows had access to the buffet area and after seeing them pecking away at the sweet trolley I chose not to eat there again. I saw this occurrence numerous times as the toilets were located just behind this bar and the staff did nothing to prevent it! Friends ate there and had good meals so maybe they were just having an off day!!!! I don’t know.

The staff in the resort truly cannot do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble. The Animation team work so hard to ensure that everyone is invited to join in with the various activities whether this is throughout the day by the pool/beach or the evening. Throughout my holiday I had 2 hour long massages (AWESOME) in the spa area which is located on the lower lobby floor next to the gym. The male staff massaged the men and female staff massaged the women (so no need to be shy). I had a sauna and then was led into a relaxation area which was warm and welcoming with tranquil background music. Mahmoud performed both my massages and I have to say this guy really knew his stuff, he asked what type of massage I preferred, whether that be soft, medium, or hard. With being quite sporty I opted for the hard massage (not for the faint hearted but this was expected) felt totally exhausted by the end of it and what a good night sleep I had, honestly a credit to you this guy.
It appears to me after looking at some of the other reviews that have been posted here of the Coral Sea Resort that some folk just like to have a good old moan, it is their entitlement after all to view their opinion but seriously if you are looking for a relaxing and fun week of sunshine then the Coral Sea Resort will offer just that. I have given an honest account of my stay here and although there have been a couple of issues that were not to my liking it has not deterred me from wanting to go back....and i shall do just that.
Daz.

Room Tip: My room was 2043 which i believe was a quieter section of the complex....Nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends