“Memorable for all the wrong reasons”

Blue Lagoon Diving Center
2 Day Dive Package
$226.00*
PADI Scuba Diver Course in Sharm el Sheikh
More attraction details
Owner description: Open since 2007, Blue Lagoon is a well established dive center based at Melia Sinai, Montazah, Sharm el-Sheikh offering a full range of PADI dive courses and dive trips. Whether you just want to blow bubbles with the PADI DSD program, want to become a certified diver, continue your dive education our instructors are waiting to take the plunge with you. Our dive guides share years of experience in the Red Sea and beyond. Dive with Blue Lagoon and you can rest assured that your dive trip is your most memorable yet. Whether you dive the reefs of the local sites, Tiran or Ras Mohammed or decide to venture further a field to the wrecks of the Thistlegorm and Dunraven or the Blue Hole in Dahab our guides will ensure you have the best dive experience possible.
London, England, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Memorable for all the wrong reasons”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We booked a day trip to Tiran Island with Blue Lagoon. They were based at our hotel Aqua Blu and their reps would come round by the pools to try and sell you their trips. As they were based at the hotel we thought they would be a reputable company so we decided to book with them. We were a group of 8, 4 adults and 4 children. We had to go and get kitted up with flippers, masks, snorkels etc the day before our trip. There wasn't enough flippers for everyone but we were told that these would be ordered for us and would be on board the boat. When we got on the boat this was not the case and there were no flippers for us but this was the least of our worries. The boat took 2 hours to get to the first snorkelling stop. We must have had the slowest boat ever as lots of other boats were overtaking us! When we did finally stop, I decided not to go snorkelling as I was feeling a bit queasy after a very rough 2 hours on the boat so I stayed behind with the younger kids in our group. Well, thank God we did as the snorkelling was a nightmare! There were about 25-30 people from our boat with just 1 guide which was far too many people for him to be in charge of. There were about 10 boats all circling round and it is a miracle that nobody got hit by one of the boats. Our group were struggling to get back to our boat as the boats kept moving and the guide was panicking. My 13 year old daughter had to be rescued by another boat! The whole thing was a complete shambles and extremely dangerous. Thankfully, everyone eventually managed to get safely back on the boat and we continued on our trip. The second snorkelling stop was much better - no other boats this time so was less frantic. However, when we got back on the boat and continued our journey, the boat had developed some sort of engine problem and had to go really slowly. Because of this we did not get back to our hotel until 6.30pm - two and a half hours later than scheduled. Drinks on the boat had run out by 3.00 and when we got to harbour one of the minibuses that had been waiting to take people back to their hotels had decided it couldn't wait any longer and left without us. This meant there weren't enough seats to take everyone and one of the Blue Lagoon staff members had to give some of our group a lift in his car. I am not blaiming anyone for the technical fault of the boat as these things happen but everything else was a shambles and not handled very well at all. Will not use them again.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Angelamorf
Toria B, Manager at Blue Lagoon Diving Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Blue Lagoon Diving Center we appreciate your feedback.

Coventry, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Underwaterworld at its best”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Never thought i would ever do snorkelling but thoroughly enjoyed it with Blue Lagoon as did the children. Ali was a great guide who took us out in the reef and made sure we were OK. Lunch was good and overall a brilliant day was had. Would do it all over again.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Blue Lagoon Diving Center your feedback is important to us.

We are delighted that you and your children enjoyed your experience and hope to welcome you back soon.

United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Gave me the confidence & knowledge. Highly recommend”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We visited Sharm in October 2012. Had never really wanted to do diving myself ( i'm nervous of water ) but my partner did. We booked an introductory dive and we loved it. It really is a different world. So much so that the next day we booked the full course to become PADI qualified. Through out the whole course Mohamed aka Falcon, made us feel very safe and Blue lagoon were great. I completed my course and am now an open water diver. Unfortunately my partner took ill on the last day of course and was unable to complete the course and only qualified as a scuba diver . Blue lagoon did say at the time that she would be able to finish the course when we return later this year for no extra charge. I will keep you updated regarding this but I have no reason to doubt they will do this. Overall Falcon gave me the confidence to dive and introduced me to a fantastic experience. Would highly recommend Blue Lagoon diving .

Visited October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Blue Lagoon Diving Center your feedback is important to us and has been passed along to Falcon.

We are delighted you enjoyed your course and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

North West England
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A GREAT DIVING CENTRE - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my third Diving Trip to Sharm and the Blue Lagoon Diving Centre was recommended by my Travel Agent - OLYMPIC. I had 2 SUPERB Days diving with them and gained my Advanced Open Water Diver. A very big thank you to both Instructors, Mostafa and Mostafa. 2 days on a lovely boat with all drinks and lunch provided. I cannot fault this Diving Centre and have NO HESITATION in giving them 110%. Looking forward to a return visit to dive the Thistlegorm Wreck. Thank you all very much

Visited July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Blue Lagoon Diving Center as your feedback is important to us.

We are delighted you enjoyed your diving and PADI Advanced Open Water course and hope to see you again soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Genuine Review...... Fantastic Diving Center”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Firstly I need to point this out to all the bad reviewers out there!!...... The length of time sat on the boat waiting to depart IS NOT Blue Lagoon's fault IT IS THE LOCAL GOVERMENTS (Police and Military) so I cant see why you can give them bad reviews on something outwith their control as iv been to Egypt on many of occasion's now and been on many of boat trips ( from both ports in Sharm) and trust me they are all the same!

ANYWAY...... back to Blue Lagoon..... FANTASTIC!! I have been on many of dives throughout the world but never qualified.. (just short 5 meter dives with friends teaching me and local "intro dive trips") after meeting the Blue Lagoon Staff and their prices I decided to book the "open water P.A.D.I course" so I could learn in depth about diving, the whole staff were amazing through my experience Thanks to CAT for being around and have a good giggle with while the long journey to the islands dragged and also for all her help with the course and queries and also a BIG thank you to Mohammad who was my instructor, from day one he was polite and funny and a really nice guy and made me at ease on top of the water and even more so under the water, he was hard on me to do my reading and revision which we joked about but he was doing it for a reason coz once under the water all that knowledge is appreciated and understood. so thank you Mohammed for everything you done you are by far the best instructor iv ever met.

so I left my holiday with a PADI certificate and fantastic memories of my diving course and all because of Blue Lagoon Dive Center.......PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS ABOUT THEM AS THEY ARE SPOT ON!!AND I WILL BE RETURNING AGAIN IN DECEMBER TO UP MY COURSE TO RESCUE DIVER STATUS!!

cheers guys see you again soon too

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ryan G

Indeed, the time waiting at the jetty is very dependent on receiving the permissions to leave from the marine authorities.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your course and hope to welcome you back soon.