“The hotel is well placed, the staff are excellent and very friendly, thefood is very good and the facilities are excelle”
Review of Tiran Island Hotel

Tiran Island Hotel
Ranked #104 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My wife and I spent 14 nights at the tiran island hotel, and we enjoyed every minute of it, the staff were very freindly and would stop at nothing to help us enjoy our holiday.
The food there was very good and very varied with lots to choose from and cattered for all pallets.
The facilites there are very good and the entire hotel is very clean with particular detail paid to hygene, the pool areas were very good and safe with ample staff on hand and life guards well placed.
The areas around the hotel are very nice with lawned areas all around, and all areas are private.
The staff were excellent, almost like family, truly one of Egypts greatest treasures are the people, they are warm and generous.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,774)

Reviewed October 10, 2010

At all the negative reviews there has been about this resort. That bad my sister did not want to go.
Well first they must of been in a diffrent resort from us. As this was the best holiday I hav had in sharm and I hav been 10 xs... The place was very clean.. the staff were very nice helpful and polite.. there was no problem with the food I though it was good standered remember you are in another country there was always a good slection of food.. We stayed in a 5 star in the past and the quality of the food was beter here in tiran. My sister ate 3 xs a day which is a first as she is a very picky eater. Our room was very clean we got towel designs every other day they were brill. Bar staff very good we never waited long for drinks ans they were in glasses if u drank inside cocktails brill will recommend the Iced coffee brandy.. Pool guy brill service very helpful. Entertainment during the day good. Shops in resort not any dearer than namabay you save on the taxis we got at a hard bargain(30ep).. We had problem with TV fixed next day..As for tips we did not tip till the last day as we tip per how good of service we get. We did leave the cleaner a turnocks snowball every other day. Only down fall is the RUDE Russians the good side to that is they dont get AI in the lobby bar. So the outcome is my sister is pleased she went and we both had a brill time aslo met loads of new friends. best hol I hav had in sharm

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The hotel was really lovely, lush gardens and fabulous pool. And the staff in the restaurant were great, helpful and friendly.

Unfortunately, the food was practically the same menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (Who eats cake for breakfast???) On the second week of our stay it was difficult to find anything much to eat! By that time we were sick of the same old stewed chicken, meatballs, etc. And for some reason, a potted plant was shoved up against the doors to the restaurant terrace, preventing guests the pleasure of eating on the balcony.

The "all inclusive" isn't - lunch on the beach is charged to your hotel room! The eatery near the pool also charged....

Hotel reception staff were hostile and seriously lacking in helpfulness and charm...

Around the pool, the music was blaring so loudly it was impossible to read....but the beach was mostly quiet and the snorkeling was out of this world!

Definitely going back to Sharm, but we won't be staying at the Tiran Island again.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed at the Tiran Island in September. Rooms were nice, spacious and cleaned daily. Our room cleaner was "Tamir" he made some great towel animals.Any problems speak to the room cleaner, the Reception staff are useless, dont waste your breath. Restaurant staff are great, I left my bag and they kept it safe for me.
Pool area is a little cramped when hotel is at full capacity, reminded me of being in Spain. Most other hotels of this size have more than one pool. Beach is much more relaxing and the jetty is great for snorkelling or just looking at the fish.
Hotel is in the middle of nowhere, there is a supermarket about 15 minutes walk away but nothing else.
Food is repetetive as you would expect on all inclusive for 14 nights but is edible and our party of four suffered no upset tummys. There is only one all inclusive restaurant so you lose your appetite a little at the thought of having to visit the same place again.
The "all inclusive" drinks are not good. The wine changes but is mostly horrible and watered down.The spirits are watered down, especially in the evening. You can ask for Vodka, Gin, Rum but all you will taste is the mixer. I asked for a neat vodka to see what it tasted like, it had been heavily watered down. You also have to drink from small white plastic cups apart from the lobby bar where they have glasses. You have to tip heavily to get any service from the lobby bar staff, they expect regular tips in order to refill your glass or you will be given a plastic cup. Drinks are rationed at all the bars when they start running out of things if you have not tipped enough. It felt like we had to beg for a drink until 11 pm when they charged 240 Egyptian for 3 small wines and 1 gin.
Russians seemed to fair better, but we didnt want to come down to their level of ignorance.
Although this is a lovely hotel, we would not stay there again, there are many other hotels in Sharm where "all inclusive" means what it says.

1  Thank audrey187069
Reviewed October 2, 2010

lovely hotel only 18 months old,the food was a bit repetative,the staff could not do enough for you,our first time in egypt plus our first all inclusive,egypt was great.was told by others that this hotel was not full board as after 11 pm and be for 11 am you had to pay for anything you wanted inclued water,i did not let that spoil my holiday, on the whole me and my wife really enjoyed

1  Thank t4ffy
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for 5 days in september for his birthday. I got a very good rate on the hotel and was very excited to get away but didnt have too high of expectations for the hotel as it was such a good deal and id read some poor reviews but theres absolutely nothing to worry about so just ignore them!
We are american and english but we live in dahab (one hours drive from sharm) working as diving instructors so we knew what to expect of egyptian standard of food and service,(the infamous 'one' egyptian minute) but it all surpassed our expectations and we loved our stay and were sad to leave at the end of it! always a sign of a goood trip!
when we arrived we were CHECKED IN quickly and easily with no hassles and the guy at receptian even told us to leave our bags and go get some lunch before the buffet closed which we thought was very considerate of him to let us know.
our ROOM was lovely, we were put into a family suite just two steps from the pool which made it easy to run back and forth for anything we needed. the bed was AWESOME with feather pillows it was like sleeping on a cloud :-) also a nice hot powerful shower. just what you need after a day in the salty red sea
The hotel was always very CLEAN. It was like there were magical little gnomes running around behing us. I would finish my rum and coke and tadaa! the plasic cup would just dissapear. Our room was kept very clean and well stocked. unfortunate the fridge didnt work so we could store some water but thats not a major issue in an all inclusive resort. Our HOUSEKEEPER was very friendly and chatty and on my boyfriends birthday he made a birthday cake out of towls on the bed which was quite cool. then another night he made love hearts out of the towels and covered our bed in flower petals and must have seen us coming because as we walked in he was walking out and he had lit candles all over our room aswell. it was a very nice touch :-)
I read that people found it hard to get served at the BAR but that isnt true. yeah you may have to wait a minute or two until the guys get to you but oh well, just swim around and relax for a few minutes, whats the rush?? YOUR ON HOLIDAY!
The POOL was clean and a perfect temperature with plenty of sunbeds and plenty of areas in the shade or sun.
FOOD... mmmm. After living in Egypt for over a year this was such a treat for me and my boyfriend to have freshly baked crusty bread and all the fresh salads you could possibly imagine available with every meal. We over indulged our whole stay and always found plenty of variety with every meal with something for everyone. A few times i felt a little let down with some of the hot mains but there was always something else to try instead and we always left the restraunt feeling very satisfied. We had a few people try to spark up conversation with us in the restraunt saying how bad they thought the food was and it is just so annoying. These are the type of people that just have nothing else to talk about so they complain just for the sake of it. and remeber... your in a muslim desert!
The SNACKS however, do leave something to be desired. the all inclusive snacks are a pathetic looking small bread roll with a slice of cheese and a few crisps lol! It was never a problem though as there are very few points in the day when the restraunt isnt serving and you can get very nice snacks in the snack bar for very cheap if you want them. like 15le for a pizza.
ENTERTAINMENT at night was alright. Nohting spectacular but there is always something arranged so if you get involved and make the most of it you can have a good laugh. I sang the most cringeworthy adaptation of 'under the sea' from the little mermaid on karaoke night hah! And if the entertainment isnt to your liking you can just go out of the hotel and there are loads of things to do at night.
The BEACH is a 6 (ha ha we timed it) minute walk from the hotel but there are free shuttle busses every 15 minutes if you dont want to walk. Its got plenty of good quality sunbeds and umbrellas and nice powdery sand. there is also a beach bar so you can get in the all important rum and cokes! We did a bit of snorkeling off the jetty and the house reef (ras nasrani) is lovely in great condition and thriving. I saw my very first hammerhead shark on the house reef...amazing!! (note to timid snorkelers: dont worry it was at 30 metres and on a diving trip, not just lurking under the jetty :D)

We did... however... have a few complaints. The staff at reception are completely usless, rude and ignorant.(excepy RAMZY who was very helpful and polite) On several occasions we went to them for various things (booking the shuttle bus into town, trying to arrange a taxi to get us to our dive centre and even extending our stay) and they just huff like you are inconveniencing them and they completely ignore what your trying to achieve and just default back to the answer No. I honestly dont understand how these guys still have their jobs and I think the management should seriously look into this and have a total over haul of the staff at the front desk (except ramzy seeing as he actually does his job, and he does it well might i add) seeing as these are the people representing your company and liasing between your cutomers.
For example we came up to ask if we could extend for an extra night as we were enjying our stay and the guy just said 'no we are 100% capacity.' and that was the end of it. we tried to explain again that we wanted to extend and we werent fussed about changing room could he please just check but he just huffed and walked away. anywhere else that wouldnt happen. the staff would be seeing dollar signs and asking you to sign on the dotted line but these guys must obviously not care about their jobs or the company they work for. we tried later that day and Ramzy was behind the desk. He was very polite and smiled and said please and thank you. all he had to do was ask our room number, and he got it sorted straight away from there for us. Thank you.
SOOOOO after a very long review, i would say that other than a few small blips that werent drastic we had a fantastic time and would definately return to this hotel, hopefully to be greeted by ramzy as manager of the reception desk ;-)

2  Thank kayladives123
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I spent 10 days in this hotel and cannot complain about anything. Room was very nice and clean. Room was cleaned every day and towels exchanged; shaped into various creatures. To make sure we will get good service we tipped cleaner with 20 Egyptian pounds and he showed his appreciation.
We tipped waiter in restaurant as well and he reserved table for us every day or find one for us. Food was nice and tasty, lots of fresh vegetable salads which I loved. It was not excellent menu, but I always find something which I enjoyed.
Beach is absolutely fantastic and it is about 200m distant from hotel. It is very easy to walk there. Shuttle bus leaves for beach every 15 minutes, sometimes even more frequently. Corals are marvellous on the hotel beach.
Bring your snorkelling kit with you because it is quite expensive in Sharm; especially in hotel. I was told that I was given a great deal, but on my trip to Naama Bay I realised how much I was ripped off. Haggle with them.
To Naama Bay is about 15 minutes buy shuttle bus. It costs 4 euros for return ticket per person so it is not bad.
Entertainment in hotel finishes at 23:00 so if you are party tiger you might feel not content at the end of the day, but if you want nice relaxing holiday with opportunity for some trips it is a perfect place to be. I recommend this hotel to everybody. I definitely would return there again.

1  Thank Sirga22