“Can't wait to return in may!!”
Review of Tiran Island Hotel

Tiran Island Hotel
Ranked #102 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel 3 times can't fault it, the staff are very helpful can't help you enough ,booked for may this year with friends we met at the hotel, special thanks to rickie on animation team for giving us great entertainment, coralie and salah for helping us with all information we needed they were both very helpful and made our holiday very special also hany who also always very friendly see you all in may looking forward to the beach and pool parties xx

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank lisajaneevans70@hotmail.co.uk
Coralie C, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind positive review following your stay with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your third time with us again. I will pass on your lovely comments to Rikki and all the staff you mention and they will be very happy to receive your kind recognition. We are all very happy we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in May and once again we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Asst Quality & Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've been to Tiran Island hotel several times and always enjoy my time there. Staff are very friendly and extremely helpful, with a cheery word every day. Security is good (for anyone not sure about travelling to Egypt due to recent troubles) with all cars etc being thoroughly checked at the gates, as well as guests AI wristbands, although you never feel restricted from leaving the hotel to visit other parts of Sharm.
The hotel is only 5/10 mins from the airport but you rarely hear or see a plane going overhead so it's very convenient to get to - the last thing you want after a long flight is another hour sat on a transfer bus.
Reception are courteous and efficient, checking you in swiftly and are available 24 hrs should you have any problems/questions etc.
Facilities are good, with a large free form pool ( a bit chilly in Feb/March but lovely in the hotter months) and lots of sunbeds. Towels are provided daily, both at the pool and at the private beach which is a few minutes away and can either be walked to (down a steep'ish road) or by the hotel's shuttle that runs every 15 mins to & from the beach. There is also a small baby pool (only knee deep) near the creche/play room but it also has sunbeds and is a nice quiet area if you want to snooze without music and noise from other guests.
The animation team keep you entertained but are not 'in your face' trying to get everyone away from some serious relaxing. Music at the pool always starts with an hour of quieter, relaxed music before the animation team come out and the tempo increases for the daily dance and activities (aquarobics etc) but the pool is so large that you hardly notice the change if at the opposite side of the pool near the poolbar.
I've travelled to Tiran Island with an elderly parent in the past and, despite using a wheelchair, have had no problems with anything. The restaurant is upstairs but there is a lift so no problem there, and the staff and management have always gone out of their way to assist in any way possible. I travelled alone this time and found the same friendly faces I'd met before, all of whom asked where 'mama' was. I assured them she would be back with the hotter weather, as I will be - can't wait!

Room Tip: Disabled rooms are available with a wetroom instead of a bath. Largest seems to be Rm1003
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank His-Queen-Of-Hearts

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely, comprehensive review following your stay with us. We are honoured that you choose to spend so much of your valuable vacation time with us and I am sure future guests will find your review very helpfu, especially any guests with mobility issues. I am very pleased to hear we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your mother back soon and once again we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Please contact me before you return on Coralie.Crick@TiranIslandHotelSharm.com with any requests.

Asst Quality & Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Had lovely time at this hotel. Not too busy as out of season. Staff very friendly and helpful although they were at a bit of a loss when we had a torrential downpour for several hours and water was pouring in everywhere. None of the Egyptian buildings are built to cope with this type of weather. Food average but you won't go hungry. Entertainment team were very good especially Aimee Elliott who really made a great effort with all the guests. Quite a few Russians (rather rude) but ok if you ignored them. Lovely massage at the Spa. Lots of towel sculptures when you went back to your room after they'd been cleaned. Amazing fish to be seen from the Jetty - good idea to take a snorkel. All in all a great hotel for a cheap winter sun holiday (the rain we had only occurs about once every five years so were told). You do need mozzie spray.

Room Tip: You don't want a third floor room just in case there is a downpour a few of the guests did have...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank DolphinBristol
Coralie C, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the rain! I will pass on your comments to the animation team who will be very happy that they kept you entertained. Thank you for choosing Tiran Island Hotel for your stay in Sharm and we very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon. Please contact me on Coralie.Crick@TiranIslandHotelSharm.com if you have any special requests for your next visit.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Hi,
Just got back from the Tiran Island hotel today after our usual one week March stay in Sharm.
We have been to Egypt 6 times, so like to think that we are decent judges of hotel quality in this part of the world. We normally use the hotel as a base for diving excursions, staying at the hotel all day every other day to relax by the pool.
The Tiran Island is decidedly average and there are more things we could find to criticise than to praise. A great pool, decent sized rooms that were cleaned regularly and an enthusiastic animation team.
The biggest gripe would be the food. Very little variation throughout and if you are not there when the doors open then there is a good chance that you will miss out on anything decent. The best food to be had was at the "live" cooking stations, but they often struggled to keep up with demand. Breakfast was good. Plenty of everything, and the omelettes were very popular. Definitely the best meal of the day.
As far as value for money goes this hotel certainly does tick all the boxes. If they could just up their game in the food department then I might consider returning. But as it stands I would prefer to go back to one of the other hotels I have been to before. They all cost roughly the same, but this one simply doesn't stand up to any comparison.
And finally....... Whilst I may not agree with everything written by the other reviewers, there is one thing we definitely do all agree on. Aimee! What a star! If she goes, then the Tiran Island will become soulless overnight. I think I've got some pictures of her, and will post them. I'm sure they will put a smile on the faces of anyone who has met her!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Coralie C, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us and for your constructive feedback. Firstly, thank you for your positive comments regarding the housekeeping and the animation team. I will make sure they are informed of your kind words. I have passed on your comments to the chefs about the live cooking station and immediate action will be taken to rectify this so thank you for pointing this out and helping us to improve our service.
Once again, thank you for your candid review and I hope you would return to Tiran Island Hotel to see the improvements we have made.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Well I must say I wish I was back lounging by the pool right now. This is my sixth time to Egypt and must complement all staff at this hotel for there smiley faces and friendliness . There was never any problem finding loungers by the pool or tables in the restaurant but saying that hotel was not full . Animation team were brilliant Aimee was a breath of fresh air well done honey for adding to our enjoyment mwah mwah. Housekeeping was terrific fashioning crocs elephants monkeys ect ect out of towels and room was always clean . Had the most amazing massage here in the spa wow. All in all a lovely weeks holiday met some lovely people ( get the drinks in my fav Yorki boys) thanks tiran island hotel and all who I had the pleasure of meeting

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Holidaykimmy
Coralie C, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear guest,

We were very happy to read your positive comments following your stay with us.
It was great to know that you enjoyed your holiday and that the staff helped to make your holiday enjoyable. I will pass on your lovely comments about the animation team and especially Aimee who will be very happy that they entertained you. Thank you for choosing Tiran Island Hotel for your stay in Sharm and we very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon. Please contact me on Coralie.Crick@TiranIslandHotelSharm.com if you have any special requests for your next visit.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I travelled to many places far and wide and stayed in some truly fantastic hotels.
This one will be remembered as THE BEST VALUE FOR MONEY HOTEL EVER!!
The management and staff were all friendly, efficient and polite. What a great compliment it is by the management to call all their male staff Mohamed, so we don't get too confused.
One of the Animations girls, Aimee Mohamed is an absolute star and a credit to the hotel. She made us very welcome and took the time to come and make sure everything was ok with our stay.
The food is what can be expected from All Inclusive. Nothing flashy but staple diet stuff. Always freshly cooked meat at meal times along with vegetables and salads. All edible and clean and nobody gets ill.
It's a menu to suit all tastes, not anywhere near to suit only the Russian's, as has been stated before. I didn't see any Fish n Chip supper or Beef in Ale Pie in the same breath as I didn't see any Borsh and Plov and Pelmeni.
Rooms were functional and cleaned daily. Just don't forget the mozzie spray!!

All in all we had a great week with great weather and great company.

I'll be looking out for this hotel if and when I get the opportunity to return to Sharm.

Chris Mohamed and Gaz Mohamed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chris R
Coralie C, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel and scoring us 5 out of 5. Such positive feedback is a great source of encouragement to all the team here.

We appreciate your nice comments about the staff and I will pass these on to all the Mohameds and especially Aimee. We would love to welcome you back soon and please contact me on Coralie.Crick@TiranIslandHotelSharm.com with any special requests.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

hotel very nice staff are very friendly especially mohammed at the pool bar. our room was spacious and very clean 1128 we couldnt fault the hotel. the entertainment was basic but they tried. my only fault was the food it was more based for the russians. im fussy but i managed to eat. worth a stay only five mins from the airport. dont pay transfer get a taxi £10 at the most which is 100 egyptian . your holiday is what you make it. would definately go back again met some lovely people,

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 995tracy
Coralie C, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear guest,

We were delighted to read your positive comments following your stay with us.
It was great to know that you enjoyed your holiday and met some nice people. We are very pleased that the staff helped to make your holiday enjoyable and I will pass on your comments to Mohamed.
Thank you for choosing Tiran Island Hotel for your stay in Sharm and please contact me on Coralie.Crick@TiranIslandHotelSharm.com if you have any special requests for your next visit.