“A Fantastic Experience”

Aquarius Diving Club
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We booked a Red Sea cruise with Aquarius whilst staying at the Coral Sea Resort in Nabq Bay in mid October 2010. As a group of four adults and four children (ranging from 8 to 11) we were looked after extremely well. The Aquarius rep, Solo, was helpful throughtout. He arranged a free scuba diving trial in the hotel pool and gave us a good discount for the group booking.

The pick-up from reception was punctual and transfer to the boat at Shark's Bay was only 15 minutes. The boat itself was very clean and spacious and the crew were polite, helpful and very good with the kids. Of the 8 family members, 4 chose to scuba dive (2 adults and 2 kids) and 4 chose to go snorkling. The equipment and instruction provided was great and all of the diving instructors were very calm and filled the group with confidence.

The dive itself was fantastic. You can choose your pairing (maximum of 1 instructor to 2 clients) so I dived with my 11 year old daughter. The experience was amazing and the conditions in the Red Sea were perfect with crystal clear water and a host of different fish including Amemonie Fish (Nemos), Parrot Fish and Stingrays. At the end of the first dive we were free to snorkel until all of the diving groups had finished.

Lunch was served as we cruised to the second dive and snorkelling site. The food was very tasty and varied with an Egyptian theme.

The second and third dive and snorkling locations were as impressive as the first and gave plenty of opportunity to see the amazing array of aquatic wildlife in the sea. The guide would dive to the sea bed and point out interesting creatures.

We finished the cruise with a return to Shark's Bay at about 4pm, followed by a short transfer back to the hotel.

We also booked a day at the Aqua Park through Aquarius. Again, the mini coach was punctual and comfortable and, as with the Red Sea cruise, the price was signficantly less expensive than with First Choice.

Not only would I recommend Aquarius to a friend but when we return to Sharm I will definitely be diving with them again. The staff were extremely professional and the experience was absolutely amazing.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

I went to Egypt in 2005 and having done a try dive in Tenerife and hating it (when the instructor with you indicates for you to keep descending in order for your ears to equalise, it's never going to be pleasurable!), I was nervous about trying diving again. But the person I was with was determined that I should at least try and complete the Open Water certification with Aquarius Dive School.

The training was good, pool dives were no problems, in fact it was all good. The only thing (in hindsight) that I found a bit strange, was for the 'exam' bit everyone taking their open water qualification were sat together around small tables and just left by the examiner... and yes we did discuss answers and I think someone even had their manual with them to check answers.. funnily enough we all passed, I thought this was great at the time but looking back five years on can see how this could actually be quite dangerous!

Once I'd passed the open water bit, I did another couple of dives with Aquarius to Ras Mohammed National Park, these were fabulous, and I saw my first turtle.

Aside from the exam discussion the only gripe I had, was that the log book we received was just a small book, with no reference to the PADI qualification. I purchased a proper log book when I got home to discover I should have received a certificate of my achievement, this caused me concern over whether I'd be allowed to dive without it, but thankfully I discovered all I needed was the Padi membership card, which I'd been sent through the post.

Since learning to dive in Egypt, I have dove in Australia and Hawaii, and although I have loved the different locations for different reasons, I found the coral and the state of the reef the best in Egypt.

1  Thank Laura0207
Reviewed October 10, 2010

went out for full day snorkelling to tiran island on 2-10-10. Myself, 63yrs old, daughter, 37yrs old and 9yr old grandson had the most amazing experience snorkelling over the beautiful coral reefs and felt totally safe with the experienced divers. Lunch on board was excellent and also an unlimitted supply of cold drinks were provided. I cannot praise the crew and divers enough and would certainly recommend Aquarius. I would love to return with my husband and experience it all over again. next time we would also try the Ras Mohammed trip on offer.

Reviewed July 23, 2010

We had a fabulous days diving on a trip to coral reefs near Tiran Island with this company. I was feel a bit sea sick on the way out and they were fantastic helping me get over my nausea and getting us ready for our first scuba dive. The instructor was very patient and got us under the water as a couple looking at lots of different fish. They found a really good spot with lots to see.

They had a guy diving with a camera who took some really good shots. To buy the photos was a bit pricey but good for first time divers as we had been so busy getting used to the diving we didn't get to take may shots ourselves.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

On a recent trip to sharm we booked a snorkelling trip via a rep with Aquarius dive school.We were picked up on time and the instructors were all very friendly.When we came to having our masks fitted my husband struggled to get a proper fit,he wasnt offered another mask or given any help.The first two sites were fine as neither of us had done this before and the reefs were amazing.We had lunch on the boat which was excellent and well presented.After lunch we were geared up for the final expedition,but 2 of the instructors were refusing to go saying that it was illegal and shaking thier heads.This left us with 2 instructors and around 30 snorkellers.I had a life jacket on as did several others in the party.Shortly after getting into the water I realised that the sea was rather choppy and I had to keep clearing my mask.Another girl in the party was also struggling and suggested we go back to the boat.I looked round to inform my husband of our plan and he was really struggling and at one point I thought he was having a heart attack.After a great deal of shouting We managed to alert the dive master who was by now way ahead of us and he came back to help.He managed to calm my husband down and told us to go back to the boat.My husband had cramp in his calf and was really struggling.The other lady in the life jacket and her husband helped me to get back to the boat,all of us holding my husband up as he was panicking and short of breath.The dive master had made no attempt to secure my husbands safety and if it hadnt of been for this kind couple then I am sure that he would have gone under.We made a complaint on the boat and one of the other divers told us that the sea was far to choppy for the in experienced and the dive was illegal as there wernt enough pros with us.When the dive master came back on board all he could do was shrug his shoulders.I would therefore think before you snorkell as most of the others in the party said that they also struggled on the last dive.If you are not a very strong swimmer,then wear the jackets provided.Make sure that you have enough experienced divers out in the water with you,and if at all unsure then stay on the boat.We all found this a very harrowing experience that was somewhat covered up by the master diver,simply because he took the risk and put us all in danger.