“scuba diving and snorkling”

Aquarius Diving Club
Paisley, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“scuba diving and snorkling”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Im not very comfortable in the ocean but the instructors make you fell at ease and when you are in the water it is just a total different world,best trip of my holiday and would recommend it as a must for anybody

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Sub Aqua for the first time - do it, it's amazing”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed at the coral sea splash in Sharm for 2 weeks in April. At the welcome meeting the first choice reps advertise boat trips for snorkelling, however if it's scuba you fancy then see "X" from Aquarius dive school (yes his name really is "X") who attends the meetings and is fully associated to the first choice group. He gives taster sessions at the main pool every day around mid day. It's free and you have a fully qualified PADI diver with you at all times. If you like it then you may want to take a boat trip and experiance it for real..

My eldest son aged 11 loved it. I myself preffered snorkeling, no problem for "X". We booked a full day trip consiting of 2 full scuba dives for my son and 3 snorkelling stop overs for myself, wife and youngest son. £80 for the scuba & £20 each for the non divers.. a bargain considering the snorkelling gear is provided free and you get lunch and soft drinks all day

The trip....The day beforehand we were taken to the dive schoool (next to the holiday village and only a 5 min drive in their shuttle bus) so that my son coud be fitted out correctly with his wet suit, flippers, mask etc. Here is where you also read over and sign the obligatory discalimers. We were then taken back via their shuttle to the hotel

The day of the trip we were met at our hotel at 0745 and enjoyed the 20 min shuttle ride over to "sharks bay" where all the boat trips leave from. It was well controlled, organised and you even have to go through a security barrier to get on the boat (no alchohol allowed today )
The first 30 mins over to the dive site was a bit choppy due to cross winds but really dont worry, the sea is calm, warm and very very clear.
Prior to the first dive, a full training brief it underaken on the boat including a Q/A test to ensure the divers are 100% ready and compliant to all safety and equipment checks. I must mention that throughout the whole day, the safety of everyone was the paramount thing that all the Aquarius team took as their first and main priorty over you. It really helped to know we were in safe hands all day.
My sons first dive was fantastic, he loved it. They take professional grade underwater pictures of you for the whole day (including the snorkelling). You get the opportunity to purchase your pictures on a CD. I felt the price was a bit steep £40 for a set of around 20 personal pictures and a load of free shots of generic fish and dolphins but what could I say to my 11 year old, there was no way I could not buy the pictures really !! (you pay on the day and get the cd delivered to your hotel the very next moring)
Second dive just as great but this time going down to 9m
You go in pairs with a trained guide to every 2 divers. Although I cant advise you personally on the expericane being under the water, my 11 year old could not stop talking about it for the rest of the holiday.
The free lunch is ok, a mix of meat, fish, salad etc but all served up warm and definately edible.
After our 3rd stop for snorkelling the day ended back at Sharks bay around 1630 pm. We were back at the hotel by 1700 so a real full day out.
If like us you have never done scuba, have a chat intially to "X" he is so at ease and at no means pushy or a salesman. He can explain everything to you about the faciliteis on the boat (sun deck, tolietsetc) to what to expect under the water. You will be well informed before you even need to deceide if you want to book it or not. I personally thought it was an absolute bargain for what you get out of it. I felt confident at all times that my sons safety was in the hands of others. The whole Aquarius team were 100% professional and a real great bunch of guys. if you fancy sub aqua for the first time.. just do it, it's amazing (so my 11 yr old tells me)!!
Thanks again to "X" .. not "H".. and not "Alex" (personal joke) you are a great guy and it was good to meet you. 10/10

Visited April 2013
Guernsey, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“fantastic ...........................................................”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We would like to add our thanks and just say that we felt safe, secure and in the best hands possible when we Dived with Aquarius Dive school, the staff were FANTASTIC and very professional ...We were on the boat Maka and under the supervision of MOMO,a true legend on the red sea....We were introduced to Aquarius via the rep and even tho we had a dive school at our Grand plaza resort ..we felt confident and reassured that opting to learn to dive with Aquarius was for us.......We dived Jackson Reef and also Laguna Reef.......We had all the training ,the equipment and safety knowledge explained to us in a slow calm professional way that really put us at ease .
My introduction to Aquarius was via the Rep from HOUSTON TEXAS AND IF YOU MEET HER youall will feel at ease with her........Paul and Dionne Guernsey Channel islands
Thanks Aquarius

Visited May 2013
1 Thank PAULCLARK13
Portland, Oregon
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Five days diving with Aquarius Dive Club”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We dove with aquarius a year ago in Hurghada and very much liked the people and organization, so we booked with them again this year for Sharm El Sheikh.

This group in Sharm did not disappoint us. The guides were easy to talk with, friendly, professional and safe. The boats were clean and organized, and the crews friendly and easy to generate some rapport with.

When we ran out of diving opportunities within our level (just Open Water) they tried to put together some alternatives so we could keep diving. No complaints. I’d dive with Aquarius again in a minute.

Special mention. We made the mistake of not getting the Egypt tourist visa when we arrived at the airport and only found out the day before our first boat trip that we needed one. So we paid a driver from Aquarius to take us out there, but not only did he drive us, but he also ushered us through the entire cumbersome process of getting a visa after you've passed through the passport check ... this whole thing could have been a disaster, but our driver went way above the call of duty to get us through it. Much thanks.

Visited April 2013
Wirral
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very professional”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My partner completed his Padi certificate with the guys at Aquarius. We did a boat trip and he did three scuba dives and I was able to snorkel. The guys were excellent and so good at their jobs, they made it a great day, so much so that we went back to complete his cert, hopefully we'll be back next year so I can do mine :-) thanks guys x

Visited March 2013