“Excellent”

Cardigan, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I did many fabulous trips into the desert on horseback. I would recommend the sunrise trip. Absolutely breathtaking views! Good professional staff who speak english

Visited October 2012

durham
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Should be closed down.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked this excursion through Time Safari who was excellent; however this is where the fun stopped.
The horses we were given were knackered, I told the stable owner I was an experienced rider, but the one I had was totally undersize for my weight. It was so sad I asked if I could get off and walk it as it kept stumbling it was so tired, but I was told I couldn’t.
We were taken to the obligatory Bedouin Tent for tea but to be honest I didn’t mind this as it gave the horses a rest. The Bedouin and his family were lovely so we bought quite a few trinkets off them as they are desperate to make a living, they are so poor.
When we got back we were asked to sit on some mosquito ridden yard while they sold us a DVD and Photo’s which looked great. We payed £30.00 English pounds as my little boy thought he looked great on the DVD. However when we got back to UK and tried the DVD it was blank. I could not believe the stinking pigs would rob a child. I couldn’t have cared and would have put it down to experience but to see my boy crying with disappointment was unforgivable, if I had of still been in sham I would have stuffed the disk down the thieving lying pigs B----ds throat.
Upon realising there was nothing on the disk I tried ringing the guys mobile t see if he could post a copy out to me, my son was so upset as losing these memories I would have payed any thing to get a copy sent out but after loads of lies and promises and a small fortune in mobile calls to Egypt nothing turned up.
Please do not make the same mistake as us I would hate to see any kid as disappointed as mine. Do not trust any of these people all they want is your money. They rob children. Do not part with a penny until you have your goods in your possession and checked them.

Visited August 2012
8 Thank colin o
Tampere, Finland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Horses were treated very badly”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We sent there for a horse riding trip because my daughter loves horses, takes horse riding lessons at home country and takes care of horses many times a week. When we left the stables she was crying due to the bad treatment of the horses :(
There may be some horses in better conditions but the three ones that were hiven to us were not given enough food: their pelvis bones were not only clearly visible but also scarved/wounded. After the riding (which was also a diasapointment - everything like a nightmare or a bad joke) the horses did not get water and they were put into their stable with the saddle on. No cleaning. No nothing.
Please avoid this place!
I hope I can find an authority in Egypt which could go an check the conditions of all the horses that they have there.

6 Thank ManseTraveler
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

The riding school is similar in looks to English riding schools. It was clean and the horses seemed cared for. The Egyptian Arabs were absolutely beautiful! They responded to voice and stopped and went on command. Galloping across the desert is a memory to last forever! The horses were gorgeous! The tack was proper tack like in England and you felt quite safe. I had a personal ride which was amazing. I only had my scarf wrapped around my head, Bedouin style, but there are helmets in the office if you ask, although they look more like builders helmets than the protective quality-assured riding helmets we have in England. The staff were very pleasant and made it a good experience. We stopped for a bit at a Bedouin tent for a drink, game and there was some jewellery there to buy. They take photos and videos of you on the horse which you can buy afterwards on a CD. It is an incredible experience an you feel very free. I cannot praise the gorgeous horses enough. The staff also put you on a suitable horse according to your experience so do not worry. It is all very professional and they are very experienced. This is definitely a riding club to visit! Omar is also very friendly and was there when I rode. Remember to wear appropriate clothing to ride in! Enjoy!

Armagh, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“a nice experince worth doing”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

OK, some of the horses here may not be in the best of condition, but I think this depends on how experienced you are, I found that you may be given an older more laid back horse who knew the route and were it was going, but i spent some time speaking to the guys who work here, they love their jobs and their horses too, but you have to remember that these are working animals that have to bring in money not just to earn their keep but to keep these stables afloat, the staff here love to showjump and I thought the tourist bit was a sideline,

I asked lots of questions about the stables, these horses are groomed every morning, showered every evening and on a busy day have to do that hours ride 3 times a day...

I got to talk to Omar too, he loves what he does , just because its not quite how I would do it do
it doesn't make it wrong...

bet these guys would love to give their horses some of luxury stables here....

Visited September 2012