“Good Hotel, Brilliant Staff!!”
Review of Falcon Naama Star

Falcon Naama Star
Ranked #110 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just returned from my first ever visit to Sharm and can't wait to revisit and they at this hotel again! The hotel was clean and the staff simply amazing and so accommodating. Very happy and eager to help. I got a different towel art every day and actually learnt how to create some! The location was approximately 10 min walk from the busy exciting naama bay strip and 15mins away from the beach with its own private area on the beach. I can't repeat enough lovely lovely lovely ppl and if your looking for an affordable down to earth vacation then Falcon Naama star is for you!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vivian G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,429)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Falcon was a really nice hotel, located a nice distance from the main Naama Bay strip only about 5 minutes walking. The staff were so friendly and the entertainment team were amazing! Had such a good time there, 6 of us girls went and they really did make our stay worth while. Would definately recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank yasmins92
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is fair, the rooms also fair, even though my complete room light exploded when switched on leaving only a few bare wires! However to be fair this was sorted within an hour.

Don't expect too much from the food, very basic and not much of a selection, I actually ended up going out half the time I was there! Soups are ok, lasagne was ok too, however after the third time in six days, too much.

I didn't really get involved too much with the entertainment which did seem to be on some nights, not sure what exactly, apart from being offered a bingo card the first night there.

Rooms were kept clean and regular changed. The staff in general were pretty good and fairly cheery and helpful.

On the whole not to too bad, but not for me again, due to the food and the lack of wifi, which was only available in the foyer for a cost of 30 Egyptian pounds for an hour. The foyer noisy and not very good if you need to Skype.

So not for me.

Top tip, use Discovery Safari across from the hotel to book trips, a fraction of the cost.

Visit the tavern bar in town for good food and relaxed entertainment via the DJ.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mick D
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I read the reviews before we stayed at the falcon. most were good, there were the odd 1 or 2 that were bad...........i'm sorry but all I can say that is positive about the hotel is the room cleaners!!! our cleaner was a lovely man & apart from him there were about 2 other staff that were friendly. the room itself was huge, beds comfy, always clean but the shower had to be turned on & left for a few minutes before we could use it as the water came out brown & stunk of sewage!!!
this was our 7th time in Egypt, we usually go to luxor so are well aware of the Egyptian way of life but sharm men are so much worse than I've ever encountered in luxor who are actually generally polite. on our last day we went into town & yet again got hassled, I opened my mouth to say no & the guy said 'what ever' so I replied the same........he then got angry & shouted out calling me a minger!!!!
back to the hotel..........now, from pictures the pool area looked fabulous, it's not!!! everyone was slipping & falling, the tiles in & around the pool are broken & cracked, I cut my foot in the pool on a broken tile. the pool area isn't cleaned through the day as you will find plastic bottles & cups floating about in the pool at times. cig butts all over the floor around the pool.......just not good!!!
I don't know what others expect from a holiday but for me, I expect at least a bit of luxury even if I have paid a small price for the stay.
the hotel isn't close to the beach like others have said, it is scorching hot during the day & about a 15/20 min walk to the hotels viva beach. fair enough but on the way back it is mostly uphill which you don't realise as it's a long straight road. it should be mentioned in the hotel info as like myself, I have a heart condition & the 1st day coming back from the beach was a killer trying to walk uphill!!! also, the surrounding area of the hotel looks like something from Beirut.........there is the falcon, looking nice & then surrounding it is empty/derelict/half built properties.
i'm not saying I hated the place as we met a lot of nice people & generally did enjoy the holiday it's just the hotel isn't as great as most make out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank inkypink45
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Even this hotel is not on the beach, but with its average price and suitable services it is fair enough.And with a 5-10 minuets of walking you can be there and be in the main street..
It was friendly over there and very kind, v good room new well furniture and cleaned.
The food was not that much good.
A great swimming pool.
In general i was great place to stay for me in Sharm...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location, can't fault that at all. Everyone complained about the food however I am a vegetarian and the restaurant managers (who were amazing) asked me every night if they could make me something, although I probably could have managed without that because there was plenty for non-meat eaters to eat. It is definately worth getting the all inclusive option- the unlimited drinks practically pays for the holiday!

Most of the staff here were good, the restaurant staff were great as was the receptionist. However, speaking as a young woman it can be abit uncomfortable. I found that when I walked around the hotel some of the staff would stare or try and flirt. I had one of the cleaners start ringing my hotel phone, saying my name and then hanging up, and was followed once or twice. I don't think theres anything too sinister in it, but men in general in Egypt have a different culture, and 99% of the workers in Sharm are men, It is common for them to ask the man you are with 'how many camels' when you are in town. It is a joke but if you are like me it can be unnerving!

That aside, I thought the rooms were fine, I was pleased that there were hairdryers! Very big rooms, although we were facing the pool and found it was very noisy at night. The shower was fine although had to wait a while for it to get hot, and the beds were comfortable although I think most beds are singles.

Tipping is also a big thing, not just in the hotel but in Egypt. Tipping even £1 in our money can get everything. A lot of people tipped the towel man who in return gave them the best beds everyday! A lot of the staff hint for tips but not too ouvertly, which is a different matter in cafes in the town.

In Egypt you will be hassled like never before in shops or on the street. The hotel has a bit of this but not too bad, but I was asked everyday if I wanted a massage however when I said no he didn't persist. I wouldn't recommend the salon here, and the internet is expensive.

There was sme good entertainment in the evenings, fire shows and belly dancers however it ended quite early. The bar could also be better/open longer.

Despite my few qualms I am going back to this hotel so it's not bad enough to make me stay away. We met some great people here, the hotel is a mixture of mostly British/Russians and Egyptians. I recommend this hotel if you don't want to spend too much money and want to be near naama bay.

Room Tip: Another guest told us that if you email the hotel a few weeks before your stay telling them what roo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anne B
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

To start i am going to divide it to two category. Goods and bads.
GOODS:
Its quite clean and well presented. Atmosphere is good especially night times near the pool. Most staffs are polite and helpfull. I could say very good if your there just to relax and refresh your mind.
BADS:
The hotel system itself is just messed up such as prices, you could buy a can of coke for 3.5 egyptian pounds out the market whilst hotel sells them for 20 egyptiand pounds. The dining system is another awfull system where if you are half board or all inclusive you have to pay for the drinks. Especially powder orange mixed with water is sold with money as it should atleast be free with a meal. We stayed 7 nights and was told water was free until the last two days they said we had to pay for them as the rules have changed. Its kind of miserable to change rules only the fift day. We had to explaine the issue to the manager and he offered us a water but it was to late. Some staffs are very friendly especially the room boys. But the rest such as dining staff etc were too annoying. And atleast we should of had the wifi for free whilst they were charging 30 egp for an hour which it wasnt even in the rooms range. Other than that it was ok but like i said if you are there to relax its ok but if your there to do things then this hotel is not recomended as there are many other good looking hotels around. Especially close to the beach because this hotel is way far from the beach.

• Stayed: May 2013