Falcon Naama Star
$71
$63
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$58
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$62
$75
$68
Movenpick.com
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$80
  • Pool
$182
$135
1,507 results
All reviewsviva beachanimation teamgreat holidaypool barnight lifecleaned every daybelly dancinghouse keepingtowel arthotel beachrestaurant staffpool staffmeal timesice creamnama bayosamanaama
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is a fairly small hotel, located within Naama Bay town but in one of the outer/back streets. It is an easy 5 min walk down the road to the main shopping and entertainment area of the resort. It is another 2 minutes further to the beach at Naama Bay.

The standard room is a good size, with a very comfortable bed and thick fluffy duvet. It was clean and had pretty much everything you might need ie. wardrobe with plenty of storage space, TV, safe (free), large mirror & comfy chairs. Lighting was good and there were sufficient power sockets around. No balcony or terrace but a large sliding window with balconette instead. The bathroom was also a good size with shower, hairdryer and good quality towels which are changed daily. However, the shower stall is extremely narrow and poorly designed - water escapes every time you take a shower and flows onto the bathroom floor. The main bathroom light kept going out and coming back on again for no apparent reason, but fortunately there is a secondary light which can be used.

The food was not great but taking into account the price I paid for a whole week's all-inclusive, it was extremely good value for money. Choices were limited and quality was low but there was sufficient quantity and I never went away hungry, nor did I suffer any adverse effects. The staff were not overly friendly but worked hard and were helpful whenever approached. The tea-time snack of waffles & ice-cream by the pool bar was very popular!

There is only one pool but it is large and well-maintained. Plenty of sun-loungers and umbrellas around. Pool towels are supplied. The small animation team tries hard but are not intrusive. Morning water aerobics was very popular. There was always something on in the afternoons eg. dance lesson, darts competition, water polo, and there was also entertainment on some evenings eg. belly dancing, whirling dervish. Note, however, that the pool area is overlooked on 2 sides by building sites, with construction work going on constantly - not a pretty view, but I did not allow that to spoil my enjoyment of the pool and the scorching sun. The hotel grounds were not extensive but were well maintained, with pretty flowers, trees, archways & greenery.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Falcon Naama Star. I spent a significant time away scuba diving so perhaps my views might be different if I had to spend a whole week within the hotel premises. However, there are plenty of things to do outside the hotel if you get fed up of lying by the pool. You should also keep in mind when considering the merits of this hotel the price it charges. This is nowhere near being a 4* hotel (despite its rating on some websites) but the price that I paid was extremely good value for the 3* rating I think it deserves.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area as it can get pretty noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank dragonphoenix
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This has been my 2nd visit to Egypt (Sharm) the 1st visit I came back home with was not good because the hotel I stayed at was not a very good experience with staff and dishonesty, Falcon Naama Star Hotel was the total oposite and I have now re booked to go back again in April.

The staff at Falcon Star were so helpful they did everythihng they could to help, ok I can nit pick on a few things but you get that no matter where you go.

A few weeks before my holiday a email was sent to hotel requesting a ground floor room I was not holding my breath on that request and the hotel gave us what was asked for. Our room was quite large for 2 people and had ample space, very clean, looked like it had just been re painetd and everything worked as it should have.(apart from a squeeky wardrobe door) I do not spend my holiday listening to doors sqeeking do you?

The food well!!! if your a picky eater I suggest you book anything other than AC un les your a drinker the bars start from 12 / 12

Breakfast is good the outside chef does anythihng you ask for as long as it has eggs in it and you can have as much as you want,inside there is a variety of cereal sausage( not English) rice cuscus, toast jams and things I had never seen before etc, lunch and dinner is about on the same par chicken. beef, fish all well cooked, the soup is lovely and the bread is fresh and all is wrapped in film (flies)..there is butter but you have to ask for it no

matter what time of day your meal is. there is a good selection of deserts my only sugestion on deserts is get in there quick because they are not replenished once gone, salad and fruit is rare so pick of the those thats used for trimmings.
Most nights they had a outside BBQ of chicken and beef and the odd kebab. Around 5pm they do waffles, ice cream and syrupy things at the poolside bar.. The catering manager or maybe the hotel manager watches what your eating and if he sees your not liking what you see he will come to you and ask you if there is anything you would like them to cook for you.. this happened to me due to a dicey tummy and could not face food, I asured him nothing apart from a pharmasist would be good, on which he advised me a good one.. ( probably his brother).Cooled and sealed bottled water was available at all times.

ENTERTAINMENT..

Hmm go out... daytime if you like water aerobics it is fun esp when the animation team do the fun Egyption dance, music gets loud and lasts about 30 mins.. sometimes there is darts or water polo during the day.. evening entertainment as previous stated.. go out, there is fire eaters, belly dancers, bingo, Mr & mrs etc but it all starts early during evening mealand is over before 9pm. The animation team try their best and do not bother you, if you say no they leave you alone.. last hotel they were downright rude if you declined.

There was a lot of Russian and croatians during my last stay at falcon star.. Both caused huge problems on their 1st day, hotel management stepped in and sorted them out, from then onwards there was no problem, to me that was good of Hotel to make everyones holiday a nice time..

The allocated beach is ok I supose, maybe ask around to find better.

There is a tour operator across road from Hotel who is not exactly honest,(in fact he is a down right liar, he denied saying he
had agreed to what we asked for and paid for) so if you want a tour use the hotel or rep one. ok both are more expensive but you get what your paying for.

MASSAGES & SUN LOTIONS.

RIP OFF. 1 hour massage for £35 quid lasted about 40 mins maybe less. well pised me off.. I wont be doing that again... The herbal sun lotion £18 quid per week supply.. was told to put it on for 20 mins then bathe.. then use normal sun lotion. 4 x per deay it's ok if your darkish skinned like I am but those of you who are fair and burn easy keep away dont waste cash..

TIPPING.

Hard subject to describe, it all depends on what you want. I would suggest tipping all apart from room cleaners and the towel man mohammed untill your last day..
our mistake was getitng to know waiters who were excellent they could not do enough for us, mid holiday we tipped them £10 english.. we never saw then again and had to deal with a new lot who didnt hvae a clue.. The new ones tried so hard to please us as far as waiting for us to join restaurant and take our plates off us and getting us food we did not like.. In the end we had to leave that food and go choose our ownh.. wastefull or what!!

LOCATION.

Excellent short incline walk into centre. shame you have walk back up again... close to the centre but there is no free Hotel shuttle bus.

GENERAL.

I would reccoment this Hotel to anyone who is not looking for a 5# and paying 3# prices, if you want a nice relaxing non nit pcking base.

Falcon Naama star to me is a good all round Hotel.. I have re booked and going back 11th April 2013.. yeahhhhh..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank wwicked
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just had a week here 11 - 18th Dec. Firstly the staff were all very polite and not at all pushy. The bed in Rm 1128 was huge and one of the comfiest beds ive slept in EVER. We arrived after 5pm and were all inclusive, so was a really nice surprise that on day of departure, we had to be out of the room by 12noon BUT due to arriving late we were allowed to keep the All Inclusive facility until we actually left on our transfer at 2;30pm.A good gesture and WELL DONE to you. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, and will return. This hotel is ideal if you do not fancy getting taxis everywhere and if you would like to be near Naama Bay, a mere 2 minute walk to the centre.
EXCELLENT

Room Tip: ROOM 1128 huge BED & so comfy
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've visited Sharm eleven times, all for dive trips.

I've stayed at this hotel for the last two trips and would do again. You don't get the best service (well, it depends what you're used to) but the staff are generally friendly, my room was clean and the food is acceptable (you don't go to Sharm for great cuisine after all).

It's a short walk down the hill for bustling Naama Bay (no taxis) and the next door hotel has the best dive operation in Sharm, Emperor Divers.

I wouldn't trust the electronic room safes any more, they can be reset by poking a rod through a hole in the back and depressing the reset button.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank John E
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Not really being a resort and / or package deal guy I am probably not the right judge for this place, and so to me this resort was as unpersonal and mediocre as pretty much everything Sharm el sheikh has to offer. But if you do end up in a place like Sharm for whatever reason, the least you expect from your resort is something luxurious that makes up for the persistent hassle that befalls you the minute you step outside. But no, I really cant think of anything at Falcon Naama that stood out, and would make me feel comfortable with staying at the nothing special poolside where fat people and stunningly silent Russians hang around listening to Russian pop - only to stand up for their three standard diners a day. Even the food is really nothing special, instant coffee and bread and sausages that taste like lukewarm water... bleh. The last days I skipped breakfast. The room itself was small and dark, though not dirty, and the warm water and most lights were working. Bit annoying is that I on arrival had to negotiate really hard to get a room with a double bed (we were with 2). Of course I had called and mailed the hotel in advance, to make sure I would, but dont bother to try as its complete radio silence if you try to organise something in advance.
So yeah, I really cant think of anything that stood out or made up for everything mediocre Sharm is. And as for the hotel, if you would want anything special (like a massage), good luck with hassling on it. And be prepared for the personnel to expect tip for everything irrelevant they do. They stopped folding our towel into a swan (creative yes) as soon as we decided not to tip bills anymore, but coins

Room Tip: you can negotiate on everything, you just need to be patient and persistent with these egyptians
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple