“Great Hotel for the price”
Review of Falcon Naama Star

Falcon Naama Star
Ranked #110 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed September 22, 2012

First I have to comment on the staff. They are outstanding, exceptional and helpful. Laying around the pool I thought this is the same as being at the Hilton or the Jolie Ville, but without staff with attitude. Not the first time I have stayed here and it won't be the last. Perfect location if you are diving with Emperor Divers who are only a minutes walk away at the Bay View Hotel and only a 2 minute walk into Naama Bay.

Room Tip: If you are considering the Bay View the next hotel down the road 100 meteres, forget it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GoEgyptDW
Write a ReviewReviews (1,429)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

i stayed at this hotel last year with my husband and my sister and her husband, we had a great time the staff were really helpfull, the rooms were kept really clean, the food was nice.i can't understand why some of these reviews r bad. its a short walk from the town center and the beach.the tavern is a nice place to eat, and so is the hardrock cafe if you did fancy a change.we also had clean bedding every day and clean towels.the staff at reception were brillant and nothing was to much trouble for them.we stayed in room 1228 and it was just perfect, we had such a good time that me and my sister is going again in two weeks time on the 4th october 2012 . we have asked for the same room, so hoping that we get it , but we cant wait and if your reading this falcon naama star see you soon. carrine innes and maria clegg.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maria c
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Stay there 14 with my girlfriend ! Hotel location is great, 5 minutes walk to naama bay centre. Staff are fantastic , very helpful! Food was ok but pretty much the same every day! Entertainment was ok, rooms look a bit old but clean, swimming pool is huge and clean! Good holiday

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed here from the 15th Aug till the 22nd with my 2 son's. I was a little aprehensive after reading some of the reviews on here but It was great!. The staff were lovely and really helpfull. The entertainment staff were excellent and kept both my boys aged 6 and 14 extreamly happy.. they really went out of their way for us. I'm disabled and emailed the hotel of my needs and couldn't have been better accomadated really nice large clean room on the ground floor with a patio overlooking the pool fantastic. A huge thanks to everyone there I miss it already. My only critisism would be the food, I went all inclusive and it was of a decent standerd just a little repetitive but that's the only negative. met some great people there too very friendly. I would love to go again

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool and gardens
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Lovely hotel and very comfortable, The friendly staff are very welcoming and hotel provides everything you could want in a perfect relaxing holiday and more! Have stayed here on four occasions and will be returning in September this year. Always made to feel welcome and the pool view rooms have been clean, and spacious with all mod cons. Just a short walk away from the main Naama Bay area the hotel is quieter than the bustling centre. The hotel provides entertainment in the evenings around the swimming pool and there is al fresco dining most evenings if wished.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank AuntieVal_12
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here All Inclusive from the 26th july till the 9 august 2012,after reading some of the reviews i was really worried about staying at this hotel, although as soon as we arrived my worries where put to rest. There was 14 of us staying at this hotel and although we booked as 4 seperate partys and through different travel agents we all had rooms together and ground floor pool view as we had requested. The staff at this hotel are lovely, they are really helpful and good with the kids, pool was lovely we spent most of our days there. The bar staff where good we got table service at the pool and they would even bring drinks to our verander if they seen us there. The food was a bit repetative but you could always find something to eat as for the 4 kids 2,3,6 and 8 years that where with us they let us order seperate food for them at tea times still on the All inclusive . Naama bay main street is only a short walk away but too long in the july/aug heat of a day but as nothing is open til 5pm till 5am that was not a problem. The little market at the end of the road we found to be the cheapest . All in all i loved this holiday so much we are thinking of coming back next year for 3 weeks.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, well worth it .
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kimwhit82
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed for a week in mid-December 2011 with a breakfast only option, so this will probably be of limited use to all-inclusive guests.

The Na'ama Star is a perfectly reasonable hotel. The rooms are clean with freshly laundered sheets and plenty of towels. Provided you get a room with a window looking outside, it's quite cheerful. There are rooms that overlook the corridor only - I was placed in one until my wife joined me two days after I arrived - and they can be grim without any natural light. I found myself waking at 8am and being surprised at the dark.

Breakfast is good and comes with plenty of options. I was asked on check-in whether my wife, who is a vegetarian, would like once she arrives to inspect the kitchens to see how meat dishes are prepared separately.

The pool was a little chilly - to be expected in mid-December - and there was some construction work going on to the east and south. It was a little noisy, but not louder than the music that comes on at 10am and doesn't stop till sundown. There were plenty of activities to keep the all-inclusivers occupied - we were politely asked to join in too but all we really wanted to do was sit in the sun and read.

Wifi costs are ludicrous: 30 Egyptian pounds for half an hour, or 45 for the full hour. Much better to pop into a cafe in the bay, where Internet is free with a drink. It's a short walk downhill.

All in all, a reasonable hotel and decent price. If Sharm is the kind of place you want to visit, then go for this place

• Stayed: December 2011