“Amazing Team At A Great Place”
Review of Kite Junkies

Kite Junkies
Ranked #11 of 257 Tours in Sharm El Sheikh
More attraction details
Owner description: Kite Junkies Sharm El Sheikh. The first and only IKO & BKSA affiliated Kitesurfing Centre in Sharm El Sheikh. IKO & BKSA Courses, Rental Packages and Service Packages available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Team At A Great Place”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This centre is amazing to teach you all the tips and tricks.

They're having a great professional team to teach you everything.

Doesn't matter if you ever kited before or you're a pro . It 's one of the nicest place to kite in Paradise.

I'm going back for sure

1 Thank ThalisaSinack

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“What an experience!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

After booking a two week break in Sharm El Sheikh early this year for June my wife informed me that there was " no way" she would be able to get away from work, which left me with a spare ticket, I knew my friend, a keen Kite Surfer had been before so asked if he wanted to go, he jumped at the chance telling me that there was a fantastic Kite Surfing school there and that he would email ahead and book me a course, I of course humored him and thought I would cross that bridge when I got there, on arrival he introduced me to Pedro who indeed had the whole thing booked, my friend had it on his toes with his board under his arm, so I was on my own... for all of five minutes, once I started talking to the instructors their enthusiasm for the sport soon had me interested,there was no snobbery about you level of capability, and I was made to feel completely at ease , I had done a few water sports,Wind Surfing, Water Skiing, Wake boarding all of which really have no bearing what soever on Kite Surfing, Martin was my instructor although he should change his name to Saint Martin, as he is blessed with the patience of one! I did a 6 hour course spread over 3 days and through Martin's fantastic tuition and Di and Kev giving me more advice back on dry land I managed to pass Level 1 and 2 of the IKO course, which means I can now go anywhere in the world and hire Kit to hone my skills,thanks guys, I will be back in November after a few months of practicing in the cold waters of Camber Sands!

wiltshire
“'Great people, great conditions and great kiting....a must for beginners to experienced kiters”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The team at Kite junkies are the best, they are so friendly and passionate about their sport. From the onset they welcome you in and make you feel part of their family. I felt completely comfortable straight away and re-assured as to the learning process development. The team are so considerate from the warm reception to the beach team who take care of your equipment (service package is a must have!) The instructors know there stuff and have your safety and welfare at heart.....the conditions are a mecca for all standards of kite surfer.....
Di, Kev and Pedro have a gem of an outfit in the best playground for kiting.....the place is a must for any level .........I will definitely be returning in the near future and look forward to yet another wonderful time at Kite Junkies.......many thanks

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic place to learn”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The set up at Kitejunkies is excellent. I was a complete novice and searched for places to learn. The reviews on Kitejunkies were very positive and deservedly so. The team are exceptionally friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about kitesurfing and helping you to learn. My instructor was Martin who was excellent and very patient with me. The lagoon within which you kitesurf is superb as it is just deep enough but vast so there was never an issue with getting out of ones depth. The conditions for more seasoned surfers was excellent from what I was told by those that have already mastered the skills! The equipment was all very new and in very good condition. The atmosphere around the office area was relaxed, with free wifi which seemed to be a rare commodity in Sharm. I stayed at the Regency as Kitejunkies are located on their premises. I wouldn't recommend this place, certainly not if you are coming with a family. It is good value but no way a 5 start hotel - 3 at best and heavily populated with Russian families throughout the 700 odd rooms. There are many hotels within a 5 to 10 min walk so so feel compelled to stay at the Regency - it is not the most relaxing place. Back to Kitejunkies - I would recommend them hands down.

Leeds, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Possibly the Best Place to learn Kitesurfing in the World”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

With sunshine all day every day and warm water no more than waist deep over a huge area (at least 600m x 1500m) there can't be many better locations to learn / advance kitesurfing.
Then add in a great team and relaxed but purposeful atmosphere and it's definately got to be the place to go. I had 9hrs with instruction and about 3hrs practising on my own and was up and riding with a couple of small jumps (and a few bigger ones - but they weren't deliberate!).
Huge thanks to Uli, Kev and Martin for their excellent instruction and patience in getting my 57yr old body to 'unlearn' 25yrs+ of windsurfing reactions (that don't work for kitesurfing) and begin to understand the subtleties of starting to Kitesurf.
I'm now fully IKO certified and can go anywhere in the world and rent equipment - but why would I want to go anywhere else when KiteJunkies at Nabq Bay is so darned good!?