“Another great week with Kite Junkies”
Review of Kite Junkies - CLOSED

Kite Junkies
More attraction details
Owner description: Kite Junkies Sharm El Sheikh. The first and only IKO & BKSA affiliated Kitesurfing Centre in Sharm El Sheikh. IKO & BKSA Courses, Rental Packages and Service Packages available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Once again Di, Kev and Pedro looked after us really well. Despite lots of riders throughout the week our group of 10 was always looked after, even when there was no wind (only 1 day in 7). A charismatic team with a great set up - we hope to be back again soon.

1  Thank Malinabob

Reviewed November 5, 2012

my 16 yr old daughter and her friend of the same age and me(wrong side of 50 dad) took the iko level 1and 2 course of 12 hours.it should take 3 days but due to light winds took 5.
Di,Kev and Pedro were very friendly and we were well looked after.I cant say enough in praise of our instructor Maciek who was very generous with his time,expert in his tuition,humerus,and never shouted at us (not even when we nearly cut his ear off !)And yes even I got up riding.If we had more time we would have gone back for more.Next time!!
Gethin,Caitlin and Layla.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We initially booked the week at Kite Junkies to help with getting us up to the point where we were water starting consistently and then doing runs from there. After one lesson, Carolina was away and I was close on her heels...

Unlike another kitesurfing experiences in Fuerteventura, which was more sausage factory like (get the numbers through!!!!), the emphasis at Kite Junkies is having fun safely and enjoying to Kite surf.

Big thanks to Sami and Kev for the instruction, the entire team for making it fun......we cannot wait for the return trip!

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I went to Kite junkies between 26th-31st Oct, I was really hyped for it after a couple of friends had been out and said how good they thought it was, but in personal preference I Think I expected more than I got. Unfortunately there was very small amounts of wind which didn't help. Their readings were showing around 17knots on the 'windy' days but in reality it was like 14-15 knots at best in the lagoon. The main staff there were helpful in showing me around on arrival and showing me were to store my kit for the week, however the employed Egyptian staff weren't quite as careful of my gear as I would of hoped.
Feel it is slightly over priced at 60€ for the service package which only really consists of a storage box an air compressor and a guy to throw up your kite, think it would be more reasonable at around 40€.
It wouldn't stop me from going again to Sharm but next time I would just take my own pump and get the other half to launch the kite in the less crowded area further up the beach.
Saying this though if your a beginner or new to the sport it is ideal with the shallow warm water.
Luke.

1  Thank Luke S
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I can rate these guys highly enough
Utterly helpful and very good teachers and sense of humour. U need it in Egypt!!

If u r a beginner or advanced there is something here for u and I will definitely be returning

Thanks Kev for making it happen on the water mate