“Looking forward to going back!”
Review of Kite Junkies - CLOSED

Kite Junkies
More attraction details
Owner description: Kite Junkies Sharm El Sheikh. The first and only IKO & BKSA affiliated Kitesurfing Centre in Sharm El Sheikh. IKO & BKSA Courses, Rental Packages and Service Packages available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is what I wrote to the hotel I lived in. The hotel did not live up to the advertised five stars. Kite Junkies however: "The Kitesurf school's welcome of a beginner has been fantastic.. You feel safe and when it comes to pricing the services they provide - you feel treated fair . And they really show a great flexibility, adapting to my every need. The mood and character of the people working there leaves a footprint among the guests that creates a great atmosphere. This is peaked by K.J, the beautiful puppy with sharp teeth:-), and Kevins V-Max parked on the side. Kite Junkies was the reason I chose to come to this place and to stay in this hotel. I will not regret that. Seven stars?"

Thanks to Kite Junkies I can now say that I know how to stay upwind :-)

A special thanks to Mr. Karim, Mr. Ahmed and Mr. Abdul.

I really hope to be back soon - and that I can bring some friends that wants to learn kitesurfing. Can't imagine a better place to learn.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed for two weeks at the Nabq beach and it was really good. Before I left for Egypt, I decided to do all kitesurfing at the KiteJunkies since it seemed to be the best place for that. I was right.!! A prefect spot for all type of riders (flat water and not to deep). The crew was great (both owners and beach personel) and the storage facility was over expectations. Felt as safe as Fort Knox ;-)

I had wind for around 3/4 of the days which I think is more then good...

I can really recommend this place!!

/Henrik

Reviewed April 15, 2012

First time with kitjunkies. Stayed two weeks with full rental gear. Received excelent support from the kitejunkies team. Good equipment. Good spot to kitesurf. Even though it is mostly a sandy bottom, I preferred to use shoes because of rocks and sea urchins at the edges of the lagoon.
10 kitesurfing days out of 14. I recommend kitejunkies to everyone that wants to kitesurf in sharm el sheikh (even though you are not staying at the regency plaza, but another hotel in the North nabq bay area). Hopefully i will be back one day.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Second time with Kite Junkies, and again they did not disappoint. Top quality attitude - encouraging, friendly, un-intimidating and very well run. From the owners - Di, Kev and Pedro, who welcome you with big friendly smiles and handshakes, to the instructors, who are always encouraging you to keep improving, without over-aweing you, to the beach crew who are just fantastic - this set-up is superb. If you've got families, and are trying to balance your kiting obsession, with family time, or just learning, then this place is for you. I am now trying to work out how my family can live on the poverty line for several months in order to save up to squeeze in another trip this year. And if you don't want a dog at home - keep your kids away from 'KJ' (the Kite Junkies puppy) - they will want a dog by the time they finish playing with him; in the words of my daughter - 'he's sooooo cute'.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just spent over a week in Nabq.
Super wheather (despite somewindless days) - all day above 30 degrees - what a difference with home ;-).
Kitejunkies are very welcoming, warm team and mgt, good instructors even for adolescents and in different languages. The 'local beach boys' are always there to pass a helping hand with rigging, starting and landing the kite.
The lagoon is super. Flat water untill your legs start aching and you simply have to go back to relieve your muscles. Safe also cause the team is always on the lookout for rescue. Flat water also ideal for learning new tricks.
Only lesser points beyond control are a. the flat water - I use to navigate in sea conditions which gives more variety in the riding, b. the wheather conditions that have not been super during my stay. Some days the wind switches of as soon as 0930 or 1000 which is really a pity on this super spot.
Loved it and certainly considering to return on a later occasion.
Thx Diane, Kev, Pedro, Lina, Filippo and beach team