“Get what you pay for”

Pyramids Diving Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Pyramids Diving Centers are located in the most prestigious hotels located in Sharm el Sheikh. We are a Authorised PADI Dive Resort offering all types of Scuba Diving Courses from beginners to expert, we have something for everyone of all levels. Why not charter your own boat with your family and friends? Snorkeling Boat trips also offered daily. Pyramids have their own fleet of boats so we can tailor your requirements to suit you personally. Book online and get excellent offers and prices !
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I used the Pyramids Dive Centre at Sunrise Diamond Beach Hotel.

I had 6 consecutive weekday morning pontoon dives. Had to negotiate quite hard to get this arrangement to my satisfaction because in common with other Sharm dive centres they want you to do 2 dives daily, preferably from a boat.

There are 4 disadvantages to this: 1. You need a visa (£10) to visit Ras Mohamed, the Travco harbour is in Ras Mohamed; 2. It can take ages to get to your dive site, which is neither better nor worse than the house reef; 3. Your boat may be full of inexperienced snorkelers who get priority and in the way. 4. Its the most expensive way to dive in Sharm.

I reported for the dives at 0930 local and was greeted by a local dive master , always competent, clearly safety conscious and well spoken. After reasonable briefing, occasionally with another diver, we donned kit and entered around 1000 local.

After assessing actual current (on one occasion surprisingly strong), we finned into current to 100 bar, then returned, safety stopped and exited. Generally 40 to 50 minutes under, always out with more than 30 bar. Pace was leisurely with many photo opportunities.

Doffing was strait-forward and Mohamed, my kit manager, took care of my kit, so, logbook signed and stamped, back to the hotel for a well-earned beer before lunch.

This was my idea of a holiday divers paradise.

The facilities were adequate, air plentiful and 200+ bar, Nitrox available. Kit hire available. I used my own kit but theirs looked serviceable. PADI Dive Centre, English, German and Russian spoken.

2  Thank Ian F
in 33 reviews
"company"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Booked the half day boat trip via Rixos Sharm el Sheikh Hotel. Really lovely team picked us up on time. We were the only english speakers on the trip but they took the time to single us out and explain what would be happening at each stage. I had chosen to try the Introductory scuba dive and Mahmood ( the dive instructor) was absolutely amazing....I had a few false starts as I quite nervous but he handled me so well, that I am now booking to go back for the scuba diving course!! We stopped twice for scuba diving and snorkelling and they are a very attentive team, ensuring even those not confident enough in the water are catered for.
The equipment is of a decent standard and the boat was very clean and well looked after. The entire team made sure we had an enjoyable time, and the boat driver was particularly funny. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone visiting the area.

1  Thank tolushoks
Reviewed December 5, 2014

We were approached by a member of Pyramid Diving Centre whilst laying on the beach and initially declined as we are not interested in diving, but as we got talking were shown other options one of which was private hire of a speed boat with driver for a 2 hour trip.
It was great, we were first taken to see an old ship wreck which was partially submerged and then on to an uninhabited island where we were able to swim, snorkle or walk on the island we chose the latter. It was gloreous walking to the top of the hill and seeing over the other side what looked like an oasis..stunning. We sat there taking in the view for about half an hour before a thrilling ride back to the beach. Fantastic afternoon out.

Reviewed December 5, 2014

Excellent team of divers well organised and always change the diving locations so you get to try many dive sites. They make you feel like one of the family! Looking forward to coming back soon!