Continental Plaza Beach Resort
$70
$63
  • Breakfast included
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$58
$75
$68
Movenpick.com
$71
$46
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$73
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$62
  • Pool
$182
$135
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 11, 2010

after a problem with our room which was eventually sorted out by a very efficient management our weeks stay was wonderful i travelled withy my husband and daughter claire for 1 week at the interplaza from 2nd to 9th november 2010. what can i say the staff were the best we have had ever and we have travelled all over the world. the general mamager gamal was a very gracious and kind man he couldn't do enough for us. the hotel was over run with russians who were extremely rude and disrespectful to other guests and staff who work very hard and long hours yet are always smiling and willing to please.all credit to you gamal you run a great hotel and we wish you every success with your new venture in upgrading this lovely hotel. our thanks too to ashraf (kojak!!) in the panomara restuarant what a lovely man!!!!!! also emad, pucker guy!! our pool bar man ramon thank you for everything and all the waiters in the lobby too many to mention overall we had a great restful holiday and were very sorry to leave. whatever bad reviews have been posted on here are totally unjustified, what a shame it seems people do not value true care and attention to making guests happy which they more than do at this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights (Oct 27 til Nov 2) and wanted to leave the second day but they of course wouldn't give me my money back.

It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed it (well other than one hotel that had no star rating)...Do not take the 5 stars into consideration cause i believe that they paid for the rating, cause me along with everyone I spoke to during my stay would not give it more than 2 or 3 stars.

Yes it's big and has many swimming pools (not clean though, every day i saw dirt and white stuff at the bottom of the pool) but it need to be renovated urgently!

I moved rooms THREE TIMES but they are all the same(the third time i just looked at the room and refused to move). they rooms are a good size, but are worn out. the bathroom is so old and because of that looks dirty. Many things are broken and when I asked for them to be fixed, i was made to feel like i was asking for too much...the housekeeping manager came and asked me what was wrong so I showed him (you'd think that they can just go in and fix what's broken?, like the toilet paper holder, door knob, sink and tap!) after i showed him everything, he sent the maintenance person to ask me the same thing AGAIN! what if i wasnt in the room at the time.

I like to watch the news before going to bed, and the tv wasnt working...it took them 3 days to send someone to come fix it, only to say that he cant fix it and it needs to be replaced!!...they never replaced it and my friend ended up fixing it himself!

SHOWER!:: the first room we stayed in had no hot water and very low pressure, water literally stopped when i turned it to hot!...in the second room brown water came out while my friend was showering....the taps and shower head are also rusted!

The hotel is mainly russian/ukranian, they pay close to nothing to come, yet the ones i spoke with hated it and said they will never return (one girl was there 2 years before and said that it has gone down hill and fast!, apparently it was one of the best in Sharm!). I also spoke with some italians who hated it as well...people who work there are getting super tired of the complaints and the fact that their management is doing nothing about it....high turnover rate amongst their reception/guest relations/animation workers

FOOD/Restaurant:
Juice is absolutely disgusting, well i shouldnt call it juice but they did. they are orange and pineapple DRINKS made from powder, so they taste like sugar with colour

One of the workers mentioned that a british couple found COCKROACHES in their food twice!...and i believe it, cause i saw cockroaches on numerous occasions!

plates and glasses where not cleaned properly...plates had some food marks left on them and a slightly sticky layer, seen when put against the light (very old dishes)...the glasses are rinsed only (health risk, we ended up asking for plastic cups although I hate them due to their effect on the environment!)

By the third day, my body was reacting to the smell of the restaurant and felt like throwing up...the food was pretty much the same everyday, it tasted pretty good the first time but not the 6 times after!...very old croissants are put for breakfast, chewy and the hard ones are cooked in milk and sugar (to make what's called Om Ali)

Staff

there were about 3 staff who were truely genuine but the rest are absolutely annoying and fake...oh and if you are a girl or have girls with you then they are gonna make many annoying bad jokes, quite inappropriate!

The day I went to the reception and asked to speak with the person from guest relation, the manager was there, he didnt help me and instead he contacted my egyptian travel agent and accused me of shouting and making a seen at the reception!...I mean WTF? even if I did shout and scream, it would have only because i was uncomfortable and if im not mistaken guest comfort is the hotels priority, no?

The next time, when i met with the guest relations (GR) person (she asked me to write a review, so she can see what she can do about it) I did and we met, that manager guy walked in front of us and she called him waving the double sided evaluation and review sheet but he completely ignored us and continued walk and flirting with one of the lady guests he was walking with...the GR girl was shocked!

Last but not least, they CALLED me the last day at 5:40 AM to ask me what time i was checking out, although i told them the night before!

I am sure that there is a lot more i forgot to mention, but i hope this is enough to convince you to at least reconsider going to this dump...there are some much nicer hotels for less money...you also dont need to go all inclusive, especially since egyptian alcohol is cheap (good and cheap beer 500ml bottle for less than $2 US, but hard liquore you should get from the duty free, egyptian is not good) and you can drink anywhere you want...you can bring your bottle to the bar and drink it there if you like!....eating out is not that expensive either!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Party of four stayed at this hotel from 28th October to 4th November 2010, The hotel is beautiful and central to everything, taxis are cheap.On arrivel we were immediatly ungraded to sea view ground floor rooms, which were very clean and everything in its place, great, apart from the shower which was a bit slow but worked. The staff were tremendous and made the holiday very enjoyable, the resterante manager Ashraf could not have done more for us, also our waiter Emad Kamal Gabr waiter on us hand and foot. The hotel had a lot of Russans staying there and although a couple of them did try and plesant, the rest treated the staff terrible, which I found very unplesant. But they didnt spoil our time at the hotel and we would go back there. The food in the hotel needs a bit more thought going into it, but we didnt go hungary. Every time a suggestion was made they made sure it was fullilled if possible.The pools and grounds were breath taking and the bar staff and lifegard were brill, there are three pools two quite large and thats were the kids club and activitys went on and one called " fresh air pool" which we used every day. Also the beach,. Plenty of sun beds and towels for all. We all totally relaxed, which was what we all wanted to do, there was enterantment staff availible if you wanted that, in fact there was something to please everyone.

Reviewed October 29, 2010

This hotel has seen better days...
The bathrooms are very old and untidy will plenty of black milldue on the walls, nice...
All of the funishings are old, the bedding is old the towels are old and thread bare. If this was a two star hotel you'd be a bit disapointed but it's meant to be 5 (Ha Ha). After the first night we asked to change rooms, the guy on reception was very helpfull and showed us an alternative - unfortunately it was no better, seems to me the whole place is falling apart. Same goes for the two main restaurants, lean back on the chairs and you think you're about to hit the floor. There were lots of cleaners everywhere, it wasn't that they were not trying to keep it clean - it was simply worn out.

As an all inclusive hotel, they had a great method of controlling the flow of drink. Very small glasses and not many of them. Every time you go for a drink theres no glasses left and a nice que. Especially anoying at dinner time when your food is on the table.

On the positive side, the staff are fantastic - very polite, very helpfull, very attentive. They like the English and go out of their way to help. I think they also do this to let the Russians know they don't like them, no manners and incredibly rude a lot of the time. The hotel is about 70% Russians
There are a number of excellent swimming pools and lots of sun beds - no need to get up and put the towels out! The Beech is good (for Egypt).
All things considered, this hotel offers a lot on paper but falls short on nearly everything, there are a lot of much better hotels than this one - I stayed at the Hilton Sharks Bay 3 years ago, it's twice as good but only marginally more expensive
Still, holidays are what you make them, we had a good time and the weather is fantastic

Grant

1  Thank GrantM_61
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My boyfriend & me have just arrived back from Egypt, We arrived at the Hotel at about 17:00 we were greeted by the reception manager who came & gave us our wrist bands & sorted out the paperwork we were there no longer than 20 minutes then a porter takes your luggage & you to your room.
The room was really nice, the bathroom could have done with a bit of updating (but who spends all holiday in the bathroom anyway,)The air conditioning works really well to keep you cool when too hot,Even the hairdryer was ok to use if you don't want to take yours, we were overlooking the top pool which was really nice & quiet.
The hotel is full of Russians which was ok as we really didn't have anything to do with them but they were so rude pushing in & not saying please or thank you to the staff.
The Hotel staff were just the best ever couldn't do enough for the British look out for Hasan who worked on the beach bar in the day & on the la Duna restaurant bar in the day & night he really is a lovely bloke always smiling & always waving at us & calling us his friend, Wael in the la Duna restaurant, he always took us to our seats & got our drinks for us which he never done for the Russians.he always remembered what we were drinking
Mahmoud the waiter in the bar & lobby was really lovely he would always get us drinks when our glasses were empty & was always cleaning our table.
Mahmoud who works in the coffee bar was also really nice & helpfull.
Peter who works in the bar was so lovely he was always making me different cocktails.
The evening entertainment was really bad that it was quite funny, I wasn't too bothered about the entertainment as we meet 3 really nice English couples who we spent the evenings with having a brilliant time.
There are loads of pools & even a small aqua park, the pools are really clean, even the life guard at the top pool put our towels out every morning on the sun beds he even taught me how to dive in the pool as I never really dived before.
On some reviews people said the Hotel was dirty, well there were cleaners still cleaning the hotel floors at 1am when we were going back to our rooms there are also gardeners out all day keeping the gardens clean & tidy.
The food is not the very best & hot but I really enjoyed everything I ate & I am a really fussy eater but always cleared my plate.
We did take a trip to Nama bay which was a real experience as we never got left alone by the shop owners which wasn't very nice, so we went to have a meal in the hard rock cafe which was really good & full of English!!!
Keep an eye out for Bob the camel who sits between the beach & pool his owner always gets you to sit on bob & have a photo then tried charging you for it, we got to know Bob & his owner quite well so on the last day my Boyfriend gave him his sunglasses (which he was going to bin anyway) for me to sit on bob & have a photo.
We did go on a boat trip to do snorkling which I highly recommend.& went on quad bikes in the dessert.
I would just like to say don't listen to the bad reviews because I did after I booked the holiday & was dreading it but I would go back tomorrow if I could.

2  Thank sarahSalisbury