“Its ok”

and 1 more site!
Continental Plaza Beach Resort
Ranked #160 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here with my mum and 3 year old son in January 2013, whilst the place was clean and tidy, the food was dire, boringand tasteless, the other problem was that 1 of the restaurants would not let you have more than 1 meal, there was no way you could order pasta and pizza, it was 1 or the other, however, we enjoyed the rest of the service apart from the 1 near the pool. If you want to lose weight this is the place, whilst we did not get the runs, we were able to eat atleast 1 meal per day, mind I am used to 4 meals at home and I am still a size 8. My little boy lived on drinks, even the chips/fries were not cooked right, but, at the end of the day most people here are clueless when it comes to culinary delights plus they are catering for the Russians, of whom are happy with the food especially cakes, I think they come to fatten themselves up ready for winter and may be they
are poor too and have never seen so much food before. My dads a chef and my mum worked in hospitality and catering so I know what good food and service is, this is definitely 2 to 3 star on food but that said, it shouldn't stop you enjoying a relaxing holiday so, I am going back as I hope
we get a clea room with good service, I could do with losing half a stone, yet I am only 9 and a half at size 10. The pools are freezing but the beach and sea are great, the aqua park opens at certain
times but again, I am happy with that too. I would rather go here again than chance going
somewhere worse plus we could not afford Mexico or Barbados this year pft. Even 4 star in
Barbados is amazing just no entertainment like this hotel though but at least in Barbodos they
speak English!

Wherever you go there will be people who work inthe hotel wanting to rip your eyes out and squeeze you like a lemon, this place is no different, just remember, show that your an easy target and your a gonner. By the way, we were not allowed to have tea and coffee in the room and you had to pay for drinks in your fridge, so be careful, even though its all inclusive, its not in your room, mind, the Russians are allowed to take drinks back to their room as I saw it with my own eyes but when I started to argue with the security guard, I felt intimidated, he wanted to fight me, so, I left it especially with me being a female with my son and mum with no husband. To be honest, I dont know why I have booked again, may be I want a bash with that security guard! This is my second time, so I am hoping to be treated with respect and like I said, I dont want to go to another hotel as I heard all the 5 stars were like 3 stars and I have a budget.

Room Tip: Pool view are really nice as would be the sea view, if you have difficulties walking request ground...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic family holiday at the Plaza Beach. OK so its not a 5 star in the UK sense but the staff couldn't do enough for us to make it a great holiday.
We had plenty of food every day to meet all the families differing tastes, and Abdul in the panorama restaurant was the most fantastic and incredibly helpful waiter I have ever seen, he was so helpful with the children and they all loved him.
The snorkeling from the beach was amazing and the on site dive school was brilliant.
Yes there are lots of Russians at the hotel, we only saw one other English family, but for us it didn't make a difference.
We would definitely return to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the amphitheatre are a good idea if you want to sleep before 12.30am every night. J...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Sheelaghbennett
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have just returned from this hotel, on the plus side the staff were excellent. But the food was just awful,they just did not cater for the English clients, if you did manage to find something that looked edible it was cold, people were having pizzas delivered to the hotel at night. The last few days they were using powdered milk in the restaurant, for breakfast it was eggs,eggs & more eggs ,or cornflakes with watery milk.The hotel taxis charge twice the price the local taxis charge, we walked to the hotel gate there was always a blue and white one there.The hotel itself is about a 30 minute unlit walk from the main road, do not attempt it, it could be dangerous! Well i have had my say and i definitely will not be using this hotel again. M. Priest.

Room Tip: block 4 have sea view rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Carole P
Reviewed October 10, 2013

the hotel as a ground and view and resort is a very nice place to stay, but imagine a huge resort with like 50~60 guests, the food sux, they all night turn down the lights inside hotel walk areas, the night animation at the roman theater as they call were a DJ with no guests, stayed 2 nights then check out to another hotel,

the positive thing is the staff are really more than helpful they really do all there best to help u and let u have a nice stay i loved the staff a lot Mohamed from the restaurant and the guy in the reception the afternoon shift he is always smiling and helpful and Soliman the man who carry the bags.

Room Tip: wait until they change their current policy of reducing costs and let the guests suffer
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hussein Abdel-Moneim
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have just returned from this hotel, on the plus side the staff in the restaurant were really friendly. The room attendant was really good and the grounds were good. Now let's get down to what wasn't good, I had only been there two days and was covered in mosquito bites 14 to be exact, there was only 50 guest in the hotel so you would think the food would be OK, but think again it was disgusting it always looked as if it had been chewed and then put out for the guest to eat, most of the guest were sending out for pizza or MacDonald's!!! there was very little choice at every meal there was eggplant and rice, carrots and cauliflower a choice of burgers or chips and they were only Luke warm the soup was also more like tepid greasy dishwater. We tried speaking to the hotel manager and asked why there was only 1 restaurant open instead of the five advertised, there was no facilities at the 1 pool bar to get snacks in fact there was no snacks available to guest except if you were willing to go down to the beach. They do put on snacks at midnight but this is what's left from dinner and reheated up. The aqua park was not open at ant time while we were there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank blue1253
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had a fantastic time at this hotel, had a great time with all the guests including mick and di.
The staff are very good, and cant do enough for you, but the pool boy needs to oil the steps.
Would love to meet up with the same people on our cruise in November.

Room Tip: Be nice to Ash
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David S
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The staff at this hotel are fantastic from the room cleaner to top management. In particular Ashraf front desk manager and Haygham and Abdul and Hassan in the Panorama restaurant. The hotel is beautiful in lovely gardens but the rooms could do with a facelift.The grass verges outside of the terraced rooms were cluttered with cigarette butts and discarded plastic cups all the time we were there. The pool ladders are dangerously loose.

Room Tip: Rooms in block 4121 have spectacular pool and sea views
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple