We spent two fantastic weeks at the hotel, which is definitely worth visiting.
- The most beautiful coral reefs ever. The unique species of fish I've never seen anywhere else. We even could take pictures of sting ray and moray.
- the beach is taken good care of and is extremely clean. It is spacious enough for everybody. Plenty of vacant sun-beds. The beach towels are always clean.
- the bar service is decent. Most of the bartenders are polite and friendly, though some still seem to give an attitude to the guests. Never experienced a long line for a drink. I don't drink house liquors but beer was ok so we were drinking beer all the time.
- the food was very simple but always warm ( unlike in other hotels). A couple of times we had to wait for a clean table but I have to admit that the guys were doing their best to clean up tables as fast as they could. Every dinner they had freshly grilled food but you could get only tiny portion of it. Once we asked for a second helping and got a strange look and no reply at all, so we had to leave with empty plates. That was weird.
- another big plus was the snack bar at the beach open for lunch. It served only fast food like burgers, fries and pizza but it was great for us because we were lazy to go for lunch to the main dining room.
- my favorite was coffee bar. We made a habit to go for a delicious cappuccino after dinner. The barista who was working there was always friendly and welcoming. Was awesome.
- the guests services team at the reception was doing great job. They always were eager to help and responded immediately to our requests. Unfortunately I don't remember the names correctly but the night manager was extremely helpful and also the guy whose name starts with M( Manu? Madi?) sorry about not remembering the name but already one month passed and I don't have a good memory for names.
- another great person was mr. Abdo from the lobby bar. He was the most professional and friendly bartender from the whole team and also very polite.
- great job of a housekeeping. Very clean room and fresh towels every single day.
- beautiful and clean area of the hotel. We took a lot of pictures at the hotel area with palm trees and flower beds and pretty buildings.
- The size of the hotel is not really big and everything is in small walking distances. The beach was in 2 minutes walk from the room. The dining room and reception was in 3 minutes from the room. It was extremely convenient for us.
- guys at the Nemo diving club were doing great job especially the diving instructor who even did the first diving session for us for free as a trial. Thanks to him I opened a new world of diving for me.
The things to improve:
- the rooms are outdated. The furniture is old but in still in good condition. The plus was a working fridge and working AC.
- the hot water was the biggest issue. Was warm but not really hot hot which was a little problem in the morning. They tried to fix it for a couple of times but it would break again. We also were offered to change the room but we really loved the view from our balcony so we preferred to stay in the old one.
- the hotel provides transportation to the downtown which is only 10 minutes drive BUT there is some kind of a scheme when you have to wait for a car in some kind of a souvenir store and the shop workers try to make you buy the things you really don't need. The car wouldn't come until you agree to get something from them. ( very strange coincidence, right?)
- the entertainment team is not really visible and there are no activities at all. So if you want to have some fun at the evening time you have no other choice but going downtown at your own expense. It was not a big deal for us as I prefer to spend time at the beach at daytime and enjoy a couple of cocktails in my own balcony at night. We always buy liquor at the duty free stores at the airport.
- it is a high time for the hotels to start providing free wifi, at least limited. Because 5$ for half an hour for Internet is expensive. But to tell the truth it is not only this particular hotel that is charging too much for wifi. Every single hotel we checked was doing same thing.
- the spa people at the beach were too pushy and some people providing some kind of tour services were bothering us too many times, basically every 5 min. They were very annoying trying to sell us something we were not interested in. The tours they were suggesting sounded not really safe and really overpriced. The hotel should control their activities and shouldn't let them bother guests.
- by an accident one of our friends broke the glass from the bar so the security was chasing him and asking him to pay 10$(?) for it. After 5 minutes of negotiations he paid 5$ for it otherwise the security just wouldn't leave him alone. That accident left really bad emotions for all of us.
Generally I really enjoyed our stay and I might consider coming back to this hotel again. I really appreciated the great work of many team members who did their best to make our vacation memorable and unforgettable. Thank you!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Continental Plaza Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Plaza Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Inter Plaza Beach