“Wonderful last minute get away”

and 1 more site!
Continental Plaza Beach Resort
Ranked #156 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful last minute get away”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Continental Plaza Beach Resort with x3 of my girlfriends and had a superb All Inclusive holiday.

Firstly, the weather was amazing every single day (33 – 38 degrees on average).

The hotel has a very impressive marble foyer/ reception – that is spotlessly clean. There are tables and booths in this area where guests can relax and there are always waiters at hand to bring you whatever refreshments you need.
The all male receptionists are always there to help. They speak English, Italian and Russian fluently which was truly helpful.
The hotel manager was on duty when we arrived and in fact completed our check in. Charming , friendly and polite Aasaf upgraded us to sea view rooms!! This was unexpected - but greatly appreciated.

Our twin bedded room was wonderfully large - with its own private balcony that overlooked both the swimming pool and sea. There was air con, a safe and a mini that was stocked with coke, juice and water - all complimentary for the first day. The bar was then replenished daily with water only.
The room was serviced every day and we were given fresh towels daily also. The house keeping staff were sweet and placed towel swans, birds and love hearts on our beds. 

The hotel grounds were vast with at least 8 different swimming pools (some suitable for young children others for adults). The pool near to our room had a swim up bar that served both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks from 10-18.
There were always plenty of sun beds and umbrellas available - which are definitely needed during the hot days.
The hotel had it own private beach too. But my group found it a little too crowded and noisy and preferred to stay by the pool.

The food at the hotel was …ok but lacked variety. The menu should have included more fresh vegetables and at breakfast it would have been great if there were whole fruits. EG. Whole bananas, apples, pears, peaches oranges etc.

A few areas of improvement:
Lights should be placed by the steps that lead to apartment block 400+. It was very hard to see in this area at night. Also many of the steps in this area were broken - and should be replaced urgently

There was no evening entertainment – comedy acts or belly dancers or live music would have been good

The Sea food restaurant was my least favorite of the al a carte restaurants - the staff seemed stressed and the menu was not explained when we were seated. The food was served cold and one of our group was still waiting for their starter while the others had begun their mains

Ice cream should be available daily. This would have been perfect at the swim up bar

Guest could be given token for at least x2 complimentary fresh squeezed juice drinks (you have to pay for this currently)

The beach shisha bar was great, but had no music and served no alcohol

All in all a lovely hotel, with friendly staff and great accommodation - I would definitely go back again!

Room Tip: We stayed in block 400 - there weren't any children around that area which was good. And the sw...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 731ALICIA731

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Billingshurst
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our stay at the Continental Plaza Beach hotel in Sharm El Sheikh could not have been better. It was rated as a 5 star all inclusive and we would certainly visit again.
The food was varied and delicious with enormous choice to cater for all ages. The restaurant staff were friendly and very helpful especially a guy called Abdul who couldn't do enough for us. We noticed that the English guests were the favourite guests even though out of over 1300 guests the English were only 35 in number the rest being Russian. The staff were very friendly to the Russians but unfortunately 50% of the Russians were ill mannered and rude making the staffs' job much more difficult. We stayed over the week commencing 25/4/13.
The room was spacious and clean with a patio leading to the pool looked after by a very professional Mohammed who catered for our every need. The beach was clean with great staff who were very helpful and who looked after your water-sports needs. Taxis were cheap and safe, even though they drive without lights in the dark. Soho Square and Naama Bay were fantastic with great shopping and wonderful night-life-must try the hubble-bubble pipes. Don't let Egypt's troubles put you off as this has no bearing on Sharm.
Above all the staff were fantastic as was the service and cleanliness with beautiful gardens and beach.
Two small points-there is no specific after hours bar selling decent alcohol but well known brands can be bought in Naama Bay , the hotel wine being pretty poor by UK standards and there is very little evenings entertainment in the Hotel.
Safe for kids and families alike, lovely hotel we would visit again definitely.

Room Tip: Choose a pool side or beach view room if you can.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jeremy P
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just returned from a week at continental plaza staff very friendly very nice hotel .had a very warm welcome at the restaurant (LA duna) special thanks to abdol maged who looked after us during our stay and could not do anymore for us, he made us feel very welcome. Great snorkeling just outside the hotel on its own private beach thanks so much. Mr andrews

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy M
Ancona, Italy
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a lovely one week holiday at the Continental Beach Plaza on 25th March 2013. My husband and I, my parents and our 3 year old son had a really wonderful time at this impressive hotel.

Upon arrival into the gleaming marble lobby after the 15 minute transfer from the airport, we were greeted with a friendly smile and professional manner by Hamed on reception. He quickly and efficiently issued Green wristbands, room keycards, beach towel cards and explained the layout of the hotel grounds whilst we sipped refreshing welcome cocktails. Our cases were quickly delivered to our lovely rooms which were ground floor in the 4000 block by the upper terrace swimming pool; rooms were cleaned daily, with fresh towels folded into various shapes including swans and flowers! Our rooms were located very conveniently for the main building of the hotel with the 2 buffet restaurants, lobby and coffee bar - where Mohammed prepares the best cappuccinos outside of Italy!! We were are also a few steps away from the beautiful beach which has reddish, coarse sand and plenty of sunloungers and straw umbrellas (get up early to beat the copious amounts of Russians securing the best spots) - along with a floating pontoon which allows reef enthusiasts and non swimmers the opportunity to admire the fantastic fish and brightly coloured coral...remeber to bring your snorkel and mask! The beach is equipped with a watersports centre and beach/snack bar which serves burgers, hotdogs and pizza for lunch - great for those who cannot muster the energy to walk up to the air-con restaurants for lunch. There are some hotel reps on the beach selling glass-bottom boat trips and massages in the Spa but a kind "shukraan" Thank you and they won't hassle you.

The hotel has beautiful grounds which are tended to by a team of gardeners who keep the vibrant tropical flowers trimmed and watered. There are 4 great pools and there is also a waterpark with bright slides cascading into shallow pools for the delight of children and adults alike! There is plenty of space for anyone and everyone to find their own little piece of heaven.

All meals can be taken in the buffet La Duna or Panorama restaurants; unfortunately, meals are negatively over-shadowed by the majority Russian/Ukranian clientele who lack grace, elegance and smiles - and who do not embrace the concept of queuing! There is, however, the option of choosing to dine in the 3 A' La Carte eateries (Seafood / BBQ / Italian) once each per stay - which is a bonus not to be missed!! The meals we had these evenings were fabulous. Again, a special Thank You to Hamed on reception who booked the special seafood dinner for us to enjoy pool-side complete with a special belly-dancing show. The char-grilled salmon steaks, king prawns and dressed crab were out of this world! Also, the BBQ meal served by the enormous pool by the waterpark on the other side of the hotel complete with fountains was delicious: Egyptian soup and salad with rice and vegetables and a mini brass BBQ brought kebabs and chicken to every individual table.

A special mention and thanks go tot the Food Director, Mr Said Soliman, who not only allowed us to sample a flavoursome Lebanese meal at the adjacent Continental Garden reef resort, but also prepared a very special, exquisite Seafood lunch complete with Lobster for us on our departure day! It is his dedication to guests' satisfaction and the warm and friendly attitude of this hotel's staff that ensure that guests have a highly recommended, positive review to share with other travellers. Enjoy and ignore the bad reviews - this hotel is an absolutely fabulous winter sun gem!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Claravag
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have just returned from an amazing stay at the Continental Plaza. From the moment we walked through the door we were made to welcome. Our room (4222), had a fantastic view- 2 pools and the sea and Mohammed the cleaner made sure we had fresh towels and treats every day! The hotel was so clean and the staff were more than willing to do anything for you! A HUGE thank you to Abdul in La Duna Restaurant. Such a friendly, helpful man who really looked after us throughout our stay! He ensured we had a table saved for every meal and even decorated our table one night with flowers! A complete star! Also a special mention to Ahmed, the chef in La Duna- he made sure we had super food and on two evenings cooked especially for us! Perhaps the best pasta we've tasted in ages!!! Mohammed in the Lobby bar was also super too!
The hotel was in a great location and the snorkelling and diving was great! Make sure you take your masks and snorkels!
We had such a relaxing time and really didn't want to come home!
Hopefully we'll be back next year! :0)

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank KirstyGagg
Cairo
Reviewed March 27, 2013

we have spent a holiday in Continental Plaza resort by the first of 2012 and hereunder some points summarize our experience there :

- The staff are cooperative and kind.
- The resort is wonderful, neat and romantic and i recommend it for honeymooners.
- The food is a negative point there as it is not that good & delicious and we have not enjoyed it.
- The beach & swimming pools are not bad. When we were there, the heating system of swimming pool was not working so it was a problem with cold weather.
- The animation team are clever and presenting good programs everyday.
- Reception team are so cooperative, kind and helpful.
- Having Disco inside the resort is a good option.
- A good place for relaxing and spending calm holiday to relief life stresses.
- Rooms on the upper swimming pool have so wonderful view.

Overally, the resort is good but the management should give more attention for food services quality.

Thanks.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper swiming pool have so good view in morning and night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Friyo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is the first time I have written a review, and I hope it gives an honest reflection of my experience and helps those considering this hotel as their choice. This is a genuine review, and it's intention is to provide an insight for anyone who may be looking at this accommodation but are not sure based on some of the things which have already been written. I also wanted to write it to provide praise and positive feedback for my unforgettable and wonderful experience.

The first thing I would like to mention about this hotel is the absolutely FABULOUS view from my room. To be completely honest, I don't think I can find words to describe just how nice it really was. I have been to a few lovely countries such as Cuba, Jamaica and Haiti but I have never seen a view so fascinating, and seeing the sea like that really does represent nature at its very best. I do miss it!

The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the airport, and although there is nothing surrounding the immediate grounds, there are a few small shops available at the front entrance, such as a gift shop, pharmacy, jewelers and a couple more with bits and pieces. I bought a few gifts at these shops for my family and friends and all at good prices, and I was not hassled at all. All the night life is just a stone throw away, with plenty of shops, bars and nightclubs in Namma Bay, Naqb Bay and Soho Square, which is about a 10 minute drive at the cost of a couple of pound. So I would say that the hotel is in a perfect location; a short ride away from all the hustle and bustle while still having peaceful surroundings.

The grounds to this hotel are huge, very pretty and well maintained. If I'm being honest, there was probably a little work to be done in places as in a bit of updating, but this really was minimal and in no way would affect your holiday or stay here. There is a lovely pool down towards the beach next to the All Seasons restaurant, which serves a lovely lunch with a fantastic service. There is also a bar available so you don't have to go too far for your drinks. Just a few steps above that, there is another swimming pool with a swim up bar that is very peaceful and really is a little gem. On the other side of the hotel there is another huge swimming pool that is surrounded by a bar-b-q grill, which I understand is open at nights; however I did not get to try the food there (much to my regret!) but did hear from other guests that it was fantastic. Just a bit further on there is an aqua park with some great water slides for all ages, and another bar and grill next to it. It is quite spacious, with, again, plenty of sunbeds. I would definitely recommend this is you have children but as already mentioned it is suitable for all ages if you are looking for a bit of fun. Although the hotel is quite vast in size, and the pools are spread apart, what is nice about this hotel is, despite it's huge size, it still holds it's intimacy so you don't have that feeling of being lost.

I found the staff to be friendly, helpful, courteous and from my observations, very hard working. I thought they were easily identifiable through their uniforms, and they were dressed according to their service area, so I knew who to approach differently for my different needs and requirements. No request was too big for them, and they always went out of their way to make sure I got what I wanted. I must say this made me feel quite spoilt, so it is no wonder that I cannot wait to go back there again.

During my stay, other guests did mention that the food was possibly not the greatest, but to be totally honest this was not my experience and I enjoyed all that I ate! I even put on a few pounds which was great for a sparrow like myself. No hint of a bad stomach or such of the sort.

I don't feel that the hotel caters mainly for Russians; it is evident that there are more Russians than any other culture there, but anyone, from any culture is welcome just as much, if not more. They love the English and will do anything to make their stay a comfortable and enjoyable one.

There is a lovely private beach with plenty of space and lots of sunbeds. There is a water sports and a diving center available also. So, depending on what you want to do, whether it is just lounge in the sun all day, or get involved in more energetic activities, then it is all there for you whatever your fancy may be. The water sports center offers excursions such as the Glass bottom boats, a trip to Ras Mohammed or even a go on the banana boat and these are all offered at reasonable prices with no hassle. There is a beach bar and grill which serves snacks throughout the day, so this will cater for all your needs if on the beach is where you want to be. You don't even need to go in to the water to see the beautiful reef and lovely colorful fish as the water is so clear. There is also a lovely shisha bar on the beach which is a great place to go in the evening if you just want to chill out and sit by the sea.

My room, although basic, was spacious and clean with a nice comfortable bed, fridge and tv with loads of channels. Although I must admit, I did find the pillows a bit tough! The bathroom was sufficient with a bath and shower and also had a hairdryer available. My room was cleaned daily and also towels and bedding changed on a daily basis which was an indication of the hotel's cleanliness. There was a fair sized balcony with a table and chairs and it was perfect to sit out there in the evening to watch the beautiful sunset go down.

The hotel has a Spa and Health Club on site and I spent a lot of my time in there being pampered! There are loads to choose from and even a hairdresser available if you want one! So if you do choose to stay here then do go and have a look if you feel like treating yourself as there are some great treatments available at affordable prices with friendly and professional staff.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends (in fact I already have!) which is why I felt it deserved a positive review.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends