“recent stay at plazabeach sharma”

Continental Plaza Beach Resort
Ranked #162 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
cardiff
“recent stay at plazabeach sharma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beautiful hotel in stunning location. Welcomed by friendly,helpful courteous staff and not at all pushy. Mainly Russian holiday makers when we were there but apart from the language barrier got along fine. Snorkelling is a must beautiful fish and wonderful sea life to explore in their natural habitat will visit again soon.mcgartlandfamily.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank susanm267

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

If you have ever stayed anywhere decent and had a five star experience then avoid this hotel! 3 members of my family got very ill from the contaminated food & water at this hotel & returned to England with a bug called cryptosporidium, environmental health in the uk wanted to know where we had been..... Thankfully we recovered! Just avoid!

• Stayed January 2013
7 Thank Paul080874

Travelers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Calne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

There isn't one!

First, Let me make some general comments on some of the remarks in previous reviews

I've stayed at several hotels in Sharm El Sheik, with the exception of the first bottle, NONE of them provide bottled water. You have to buy your own, there are many du'aas, & supermarkets & you can get a gallon for 60 pence, (6 Egyptian pounds) I don't know anyone that would blink twice at that.

£2 for a bottle of beer, in a hotel, that's reasonable. You don't find many places that sell draught beer anyway & bottled ranges in price between £1.50 & £2.00 wherever you go. & let's not forget to mention that Sakara is a way bigger bottle than you would get in a bar in the UK.

As for food, when you go to any All Inclusive Hotel for a holiday you have to remember that it is Mass Catering, If you want A La Carte or Gourmet dishes then don't go All Inclusive. Besides which many of the foods, especially vegetables that we take for granted are not available here.

We are spoilt in the UK & take most of what we have for granted. Please remember that this is Egypt! A country currently in economic turmoil that has adversely affected the Tourist Industry.
People need to start coming back here to boost the Industry & improve the economic situation so all Hotels can start investing more in their facilities.

My experience of The Continental Plaza Beach Resort.

I am a very fussy eater & wherever I go in the world I struggle to find something that I will eat, but this is my problem & I deal with it. Having said this I was very impressed with the range of dishes that were offered in the Panorama Restaurant, pasta, rice, potatoes, breads, salads, meats, fish, poultry, fruit vegetables & desserts. In fact I could feel myself gaining weight just looking at it all. I didn't struggle at all, in fact I had to condition myself to stick mainly to salad so I didn't end up looking like a beached whale. But I will say that the cheesey mash potatoes was out of this world & the battered fish tasted every bit as good as the Cod from the chippy at home. Biggest sin for me was The Bread & Butter Pudding, It was superb! Everything cooked that I did try was hot & you could watch them cooking it for you. Ash the Restaurant Manager, the chefs & all the waiters were superb, as were all the staff throughout the entire hotel. If there was something you wanted & couldn't see it, all you had to do was ask & they would see if it was available.
I also tried out the All Seasons restaurant down by the pool, they offer a light snack menu at lunch times, which is all you need, the choice was good & I enjoyed it very much.
There are also two other restaurants, the BBQ & The fish restaurant that over looks the sea. I didn't try these, but i should imagine they are every bit as good as the others.
& Btw, the coffee served in the coffee shop is excellent too, as was the service.

The main reception area is huge, & was so clean the lights reflected in the floor. Yes, it's a little dated & could do with a little upgrading, but I understand that a refurbishment programme of this area is due to start imminently.
The grounds are lovely, well tended & tidy, & the greenness offers relief to the eyes if you have spent the day out in the desert. There are plenty of pools to choose from & an Aqua park to keep the kids (and adults) entertained.
The Beach is lovely, plenty of sunbeds & towels provided & there is a snack & drinks bar down there, so if you don't want to move all day you don't have too. The pontoon offers a spectacular view of the fish & corals if you're not brave enough to go snorkelling or don't dive. & they have water sports available, not to mention the Padi dive centre.

I even tried the Beauty Spa, where the staff were very friendly & the treatments were cheap.

The entertainment is the one area that could do with some improvement, as the hotel seems to have a large Russian guest contingent, it was mainly catering for them. But I did have a great night watching the Egyptian Staff 'Break Dancing' one even walked up the wall, thoroughly enjoyable.

All in all I had a great time & would definitely go again. When I went the hotel wasn't very busy, which is a shame, I would love to see it at full capacity, especially with a larger English contingent.

You want something, just ask!!! You don't like something, report it!! Be polite, politeness gets returned ten fold, ALL the staff are approachable, including Mr. Gamal The Manager, they are all very friendly, happy & will do anything for you.

Remember: Wherever you are in Egypt, Be respectful, treat others as you expect to be treated yourself & you will have a very enjoyable time. The Egyptians love the English.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dee528764
stockport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

this was our first visit but is certainly not our last, hotel was very clean and really well presented, fantastic pools and beach, staff ae really friendly and literally treated us like royalty, the manager mr gamal always walked out of his way to greet us, and were very happy to stay in touch with a couple of the staff via facebook, met some lovely english people out there who were hoping to catch up with in november when we come back, would certainly recommend, matty and kat xx

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank matthew d
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was my first trip to Egypt on arriving I checked in easy and had my bags took to my room,the room was nice clean and down near the beach it was cleaned every day cannot fault that,the pool areas were clean plenty of beds but pools were freezing for first 2 days then there was a large arrival of egyptian people for a national holiday suddenly for the next 3 days the pools were heated but when they left so did the pool heating .i can only describe the food as horrendous as there was 10 of us and we struggled to find anything edible ,the bar area was like a card spill no music and atmosphere they beer was poured from large bottles that were warm ,we would eat in the pool bar at lunch time were a pizza was a treat but when asked for some chips to share was told 1 item per person??? All inclusive?? There was no were you could get the children an ice cream except the little shop next door at £2 each one.the staff and cleanliness at hotel could nt be faulted but if you want English people to come there then you need to cater for them we did manage to get hieniken but was charged £2 each one in the end we went to soho square to eat at a cost of over £100 every time so wasn't such a great deal ,would go to Egypt again but not here unless some drastic changes

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan B
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just returned from a 7 day stay at the Continental Plaza. Had a lovely time and would recommend it! It's not the most perfect hotel but it is clean, the food is fine (don't expect five star food though) and it's only a 10 minute taxi from Naama Bay. The staff are really helpful especially Ash in the restaurant. Just ask if you need anything and they will do their best to help you. The young pool boy closest to the beach is lovely and will put you towels out for you in the morning if you make it a habit to lay there. Try and give tips every so often if you can. We both had massages and they were great!! the snorkelling around the beach was brilliant so make sure you take you snorkel and goggles!! If you do have any problems just ask to speak to the manager (think his name is Mr Kamal) and he will help you. My friend and I are both 29 and had a such a lovely time. Went to Pacha, Hard Rock and Space and would recommend them all!! It's a great place to go if you want to relax and get some winter sun!! They love the English so they do treat you like queens, just be polite back and I'm sure you will have a great time!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We recently returned from the continental plaza beach resort and i truly would ignore the bad reviews some people put on here.
I booked this hotel about 12 months ago for my 40th birthday so had plenty of time to look forward to it.
We had 3 rooms all of which were large sea view rooms, OK they could do with updating but was very clean and were made up everyday.
The food was edible and there was always something to satisfy the palate. There was also a lunch bar which served pizza,chips and burgers etc.
The hotel manager Mr Gamal was very attentive and catered to our every whim, we asked for a table tennis table and 2 days later there it was WOW!
The weather was crap for the first few days which slightly dampened the moods and its then when you notice the lack of things to do and hence we asked for the table tennis table.
On my 40th birthday i was treated to a champagne breakfast in bed with scrambled eggs on toast and plenty of delicious pastry's ON THE HOUSE and courtesy of Mr Gamal.
If you need anything at this hotel just ask they will accommodate. Kettle,tea bags,coffee,Iron etc all provided free of charge.
Ali down at the beach gave us the best service putting our towels out on the best loungers every morning, anything you wanted he took care of , Good man, needs a good dentist but still a good man.
Overall it was a good holiday apart from the usual family bickering.
It has a little bit to do to be able to live up to its 5* rating i would put this hotel at best a 4*.
You will have a nice time, its just up to you to make the most of your holiday, Ignore the Russians they are very rude and don't know how to be civilized.
Watch out for the taxi drivers if getting a taxi from naama bay they will try and rip you off with the note change trick, if you give them a note make sure you check it before giving it to them and watch them as they try to take the note out of your eye sight and change it to a lower domination hence you will end up paying more for your taxi.. BE WARNED!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family