“Greatest value and most pleasant staff I ever encountered in my travels.”

Panorama Naama Heights
Ranked #129 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed January 17, 2010

My Family and I had the greatest vacation during Christmas 2009,the suite was roomy and very CLEAN,the staff were the most pleasant and couldn't wait to help with any request,it was amazing to be waited on by college graduates that were most polite,helpful and kind ,on arrival we were greated by front office staff and they offered us soft drinks while our luggage were taken to our suite and we were surprised by a fruit basket in the room which had a superb view of the pool that we can watch the kids from our balcony,The bathroom was nice and clean but could use more hot water for the showers which wasn't a big deal for us even though it was December but the temperature was 72-78 F .There were other rooms that didn't have that view but you can't be cheap when you travel across the world(I've read some other reviews).The management were always hands on were superb in greeting us on several occasions asking our opinion and if there was something else they can do.
The food was exquisit and tasty,different theme every day ,I wished it wasn't that good so I may try some of the local restaurants but we were most satisfied .
The poolside bar was nice,and in betweeen the scheduled meal times in the restaurant there was a plentiful choice at the poolside bar,you can even enjoy very good ice cream,the staff again were very accomodating and most kind.At night they had some entertainement that the younger crowd were enjoying but we prefered to go in town.
There was a place for young children to play under the watchul eyes of the parents while enjoying the pool ,though can use some hot water in it.
The water park (Aquapark) worked beautifully when we didn't go to the beach ,it opened 0900 and closed at 1700 they worked it as one hour on and one hour off which I joined my kids and others in enjoying it,even the workers there when we needed more towels didn't hesitate to offer to bring us some extra,when you look to the left you can see the beach from afar and to the right the beautiful mountain and across the town itself with nice views at night,at dawn or dusk(see the attached pictures) .
On christmas eve they had a celebration with a belly dancer(at an extra low cost).
On christmas day Santa came on a camel then they let the kids ride those camels(2) for the entire morning,kids were given gifts which we found at our doorstep when we returned to the room.
The free shuttle was comfortable and the gentelman(Hany) was most helpfull and accomodating.It was 5 minutes to the beach or Naama bay for a night out ,but was only15 minutes walking .
I've been to many places in the states,Europe and the carribean,never felt as SAFE or as welcomed.
There were many excursions to go to St. Catherine's ,Moses mount ,the burning bush,Snorckling or scuba diving but 5 days weren't enough just make sure you ask the staff for any rquest or questions ,so next time we will do those things we didn't get to do,even we'll do what we did such as speed boating and parasailing.
My family and I were touched by the generosity and kindness we felt from everyone since we set foot in the airport and mostly by the Panorama staff, it was nice that the kids had so much to do that they didn't watch much TV or use the computers in the lobby.

I definitly recommend it as it was worth it ,

1  Thank Rizknn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed January 15, 2010

This is the worst hotel i have ever been to. The rooms were horrible and the worst thing was when ever you had a bath or shower, The bathroom flooded with waist as this is were the water came from under the toilet. The staff are not that helpful. During our stay we were shown 3 diffrent rooms because they were more like 1* star then 4*. The food is horrible. They don't cater much for children. The pool was ice cold. The slide are only open for an hour in the day. We ended up changing hotel due to all of this. The rep at the hotel are not helpful on bit.

1  Thank casinoshark
Reviewed January 13, 2010

The staff are absolutely fabulous and they all go out their way to help you. If there were any problems all we had to do was let them know and they would fix it ASAP. We let the manager know of an issue and it was fixed the next day.
We had so much fun with the night entertainment, the bar staff, the restaurant staff, the reception desk and even the managers!
The hotel is only 5-10minute walk to the naama bay. We would walk down every day in the sun and enjoyed this walk.
The hotel is very clean and our room cleaner did an amazing job every day! We have met so many people at this hotel and feel like we made lots of new friends. My friends and I are all ready to book our next trip to Panorama Naama Heights.
From Pardeep Kandola-England x

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Policy_Honest
Reviewed January 11, 2010

The staff are very welcoming and work very hard. Always cleaning and willing to help
Location was ok 10 mins walk from beach so just of busy naama bay. Food and drink served through out the day always found something you would like to eat but would of liked to of seen more fruit at breakfast. But overall not a bad hotel for the price and would conider going back sharm el sheikh a up and coming brilliant place.

Reviewed January 7, 2010

I visited this hotel Dec 26th to 2nd Jan 10. I was travelling alone with my 5yr old. I booked this hotel because of the aqua park knowing it would keep my little one happy. When we firts arrived, we were sent for an evening meal at about 11pm after the restaurant had closed. the food available was adequate but limited. The room we got was awful.. 1115. the beds were home made peices of wood styled as beds. mine wonky with a short leg that i had to level with a pack of my sons cards. there was coverless duvets with stains on the beds with only a sheet on the top side of. I had to change these so the sheets werre between us and the duvets. the rug had sick stains on. I told the man who bought the case and he turned it over and said in the morning tell housekeeping. we took a bath and when we let the plug out the drain at the side of the toilet flooded. This is a common problem in all rooms. SHOWER dont bathe. the rooms on this side of the hotel are all green, and resemble an effort from lewellyn Bowen when paint techniques were all the rage, but about ten years old. There is a safe in each room, so put all your valuables in one place, and then let someone walk away with the whole safe as its not attached to the walls.
I complained about the drain that night to the reception but after two calls and it being 1 am no one came. so i threw all the towels down to catch the nasty smelly crap coming from the drain.
I complained to the rep next day and the front of house manager said he would fix it all for us. He came to the room saw it and said we should move rooms. Go Figure!
we got moved to the other side of the hotel where the room was much nicer. Had blankets and sheets on the beds, and a wardrobe with still home made beds but nicer. Not much but they were. they furniture wasnt from home improvements this time but i guess MFI egypt. safe was still not attached.
the housekeeping staff were very polite, and did a good job. But they leave the balcony doors open on each visit. with a safe not nailed in. How i didnt get burgled is anyones guess.
the restaurant staff werent too polite. never salt and pepper pots on all tables. never a table with all the cutlery on unless you are first into hall. the food is ok. but no chips in the evening. My 5yr old wont each much else as the food is really catered towards the thousands of russians who come here.
however it was edible, and mainly tasty. for the first time in 5 visits to sharm I didnt get the egyptian tummy.
Ketchup is like gold dust here.
THe bar food is below adequate. never enough and the bar staff are always arguing with each other. they are rude and cant be bothered to serve you most of the time.
The good points. The pools are lovely but bloody freezing. My 5yr old was so brave. each day he ventured in. it was so cold it hurt my feet. the aqua park is brill. but they dont always turn on the water to the small slides. the staff on the pool are brill. they are a lot of laughs. Especially Mohammed who got a written warning for being so much fun and making all the english laugh, He got thrown in the pool and then reprimanded. spoilsport management couldnt see that the guests were happy and having fun.

New years eve. the hotel made a real effort with a big night of entertainment and food in a huge bedouin tent in the back of the hotel
it was an amazing night, and I only hope that all the effort gone into this is why the staff were mainly rude and stressed the whole week.

As a single woman there, the massage guy took advantage of this and I can pretty much say was innapropriate with his hands. I had to close my legs and tell him no when he ventured much too close. he was dissapointed with my reaction and cut the massage short. Single women stay away. Married women, go with hubby.
actually dont trust them!

well, would I go back. No. Shame becuase its one of the best pools with the aqua park for kids at any hotel i have been to in sharm. But even though its a reasonably cheap price hotel, its not up to scratch.

I cant be fairer in my description of this hotel, wish I could say better as when they did get it right it was good. but the bad was very bad.

oh yeah, gym to the back but its prehistoric and small and unfinished.

1  Thank missBarlow
Reviewed January 7, 2010

i stayed at panorama hotel with my 80 year old gran the staff could not have treat us any better . food was good even head chef made us yorkshire puddings . all the staff i mean every single one could not have done more for us many thanks 4 making our holiday so enjoyable george william osama mohammed nabil magdy everyone . my grandma had the time of her life and also i did many thanks debra and joyce hope to get back over in march 2010 happy new year everyone

Reviewed January 6, 2010

Travelled to Egypt on 10th December, had a fantastic holiday, the hotel was excellent and immaculate. All the staff throughout from the cleaners to management were very helpful and friendly, Anbody who has written bad comments about this hotel if nyou sent them to the seven star hotel in Sharks Bay they would still find somenthing to complain about.Thanks to the management and staff, cant wait to see you all again in April, love Roy and Judy. xx

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)