“Christmas break”

Ranked #122 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Christmas break”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for Christmas and had a lovely holiday. We had to change rooms due to a very noisy night club but after sorting that problem out we went on to have a great time. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and always smiling. Only complaint is the bar is all inclusive up to 11.00 pm and tea, coffee, milk etc should be in the room every day,

Room Tip: We had a mountain view room which was a little tired looking but you will get no noise from pool bar...
1 Thank alison r
Amr F, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I want to thank the guests for spending Christmas at our Resort and for the valued comments, I have to mention that Space Club music is hardly noticeable around the hotel but in the matter of fact only few from our guests did complaint about it, all of our rooms has tea & coffee facilities which the guests can use and we offer once upon arrival the complementary tea & coffee and having it replenished every day is a cost issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

stayed here for xmas got a cheap deal so wasnt expecting too much, but when we arrived we were upgraded for some reason food was ok buffet style rooms were large and cleaned very well every day service was good and with a smile, pool was large and clean but very cold ,water park is great, too far to walk to the town or beach but taxis are cheap, we had a fantastic time here and would reccomend this hotel its not exactly 4* I WOULD SAY 3*+ pool boy is very friendly and helpfull. one negative the mossies take repelant and anti hystamines

Room Tip: we stayed in room 2264 had a great view of pool and was quite
1 Thank mandyg580
We can not thank the guests enough for choosing our hotel for their Christmas holiday, although we have a pest control company which fumigate the hotel twice a day against mosquitoes but honestly it is very hard to get a 100% satisfactory result because not only its an open area but the hotel surrounding is full of gardens.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

we have just returned yesterday after the best 12nights at panorama heights. We spent are christmas and new year here, which was amazing and they made it really special. The staff go out of your way to make your holiday special. Especially Foxy, ahmed and akmed and the bar staff 1 only complaint is the hotel isn't in England.... .THANK YOU FOR OUR STAY DAZ. RACH N CRAZY AVA

2 Thank Rachael A
It was really a pleasure having such a lovely family over Christmas and New year specially their lovely adorable child, We really delighted that their holiday was satisfactory and we are looking forward to welcome them once again at our hotel.
Newcastle
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have recently stayed at Naama Heights 24/12/12 - 31/12/12. Overall the hotel is good. Many positive things such as a aqua park on site, shops for food, gifts and accessories. Food very nice but much of the same on most lunch and dinner times. Hotel staff can not do enough for you. All were very helpful and made the stay at the hotel memorable. Ahmed the towel attendant was a laugh a minute, a true assesst to the hotel. Also Achmed who cleaned the hotel room was remarkable!! Everyday we came back to some truely remarkable towel displays on our bed which always added a smile. One main problem for us was smoking in the reception!! Not nice and there was always a cloud of smoke which made your clothing stink!! Also wi-fi was only available in the reception which was abit of nightmare! If you could even pay and access the internet in your room that would be ideal! One final problem was the size of the glasses, they were very small and you were forever having to get back up and go to the bar!

1 Thank Rob M
Amr F, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I want to thank the guests for staying at our hotel over Christmas and New year, definitely I do appreciate the guests comments and we will take it in to consideration but I have to comment concerning the glasses size because its an operation issue to avoid any waste in beverages but still the guests can consume as they wish and our waiters make sure to serve them on the tables as they can in order not to cause them much of a trouble going back and forth to the bar.
Northumberland
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Thought I would write this review as I have read so many with regard to the Panorama Naama Heights hotel. We booked this holiday in July 12 as my family were all going to be together this christmas and I thought it would be a nice christmas pressie for everyone. Once I had booked I then looked on Tripadvisor and was horrified at all the negative comments and thought I had made a huge mistake. I actually tried to change the holiday altogether! However I couldnt and my family all said that at least we would be together and hopefully the sun would shine so we just accepted our fate. However a new manager appeared on the scene and the comments started to get a little better. We arrived on Christmas eve and were warmly greeted and taken to our rooms. The rooms are absolutely fine. They were clean and spacious, the air conditioning was excellent (i have paid a lot more money for rooms to find the air con was rubbish or I had to pay extra). There was all the essentials you need ie hairdryer, kettle, coffee, free safe in your room, plenty storage, telly with 22 channels and english speaking films. I had no problems with the room whatsoever and coming back everyday to the most fabulous towel art was a joy to behold! The pool area is very pretty and the sun beds comfortable and clean with lovely clean beach towels every day (something else I am not used to!!) Ahmed our pool guy was simply the best, he greeted us every day he was so friendly and made us laugh every day. You need to give this guy a pay rise, he is a true asset to your team!! His partner Ahmed also was lovely. The animation team were fun and never gave up trying to get us involved in their daily activities (not with much success I have to say) but they did try. The background music and constant supply of cold drinks was fab!. The food was fine and there was always something you could find to eat. I am not a faddy eater so I found the food delicious with lots of salads but I can understand how some of the young western eaters would find it slightly lacking however they did serve chips at least 3 times in the week and my sons who are not that adventurous had no real complaints. I keep reading that breakfast is repetitive but if you go to a british restaurant for breakfast you will see the same things day after day, the only missing ingredient from the buffet is Bacon, fried bread, bakes beans (tomato)and warm tomatatoes. If these were on the menu I could guarantee there would be no complaints as there are fried eggs, omelettes, scrambled, hard boiled eggs, french toast, normal toast, stacks of bread. There is also fresh fruit cocktail every day, croissant and sweet pastries. I honestly dont know why people complain!! I think we were lucky going on the 24th December as it was quite quiet and had no queue problems.

It is slightly off the strip and if you like walking everywhere you will find this probably slightly too far to walk back from on an evening, however there are free shuttles the the hotel taxi guy was great with us. Cost us £2.50 to get into town for the 6 of us, or if you book both ways he will charge you £4.00 return.

The biggest improvement that you could make to your lovely hotel and your lovely staff is to stop smoking in the lobby. You dont allow smoking in the restaurant and people accept it, they can smoke around the pool. My family all wanted to use the Wifi and it spoiled their experience as none of them smoke and it makes your clothes smell. I doubt you would get anybody complaining it you initiated this.

At this price range I cannot recommend this hotel enough. We have had a truly lovely time.

Room Tip: We were in 1104 and it was great as it was 30 seconds and you were by the pool.
4 Thank AlDen_10
I do appreciate and thank the guests for taking the time to write such a lovely detailed review, I know that the expectations of spending the Christmas holiday outside the country could be
very high that is why I am really happy that we managed to meet those expectation through a good service with the help of a team of friendly staff whom made the guests holiday very satisfactory.

We are looking forward to welcome the guests next Christmas.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Yes Hotel is a bit dated but cleaners work so hard, seem to go round in circles cleaning all the time. Beds and bathroom spotless, lovely towel art on beds. Staff all great and can't do enough for you.Ahmed in resteraunt always getting drinks as soon as you finish one.

My little grandaughter needs gluton free food and after explaining to the manager he sent for Salam the chef. who then cooked her chips as soon as we walked in resteraunt as that is all she will eat. hotel a bit off the main road but taxies are so cheap.

Waited on all time by bar staff when round pool.Snacks by pool are small but you can go back for more and there is also dinner at 1.00. There is food all the time in one room or another so you never go hungry.

Aqua park is lovely but the wall around is low and there is a drop behind it so you have to watch kids. The kids club is great.

We needed to keep a room on for a few hours and they let us stay free of charge. Reception staff very plesant and helpful. So thanks to everyone at Panorama naama heights.

1 Thank sandra g
I do appreciate and thank the guests for taking the time to write such a lovely detailed review, we are really happy that Christmas holiday went fine and we managed to meet the guests expectation through a good service with the help of a team of friendly staff whom made the guests holiday very satisfactory.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2012

had a fantastic stay 11/12/12 to 22/12/12 staff very helpful and pleasent faddy resteraunt captain couldnt do enough for us even brought me mint tea every hour to my room when i wasnt very well due to too much vodka haha. the two pool boys became good friends achmed & ahmed had us crying with laughter also foxy & the girls in the animation team. the room was vey clean towels & bedding changed daily food was ok but not much choice but you could always find something to eat. it was my birthday whilst i was there i was treated like a princess by all the staff would definatley go back .

Room Tip: all rooms overlook the pool
5 Thank mollymoo1912
Amr F, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I want to thank the guests for the nice review and more for the compliment about our staff members, we are really happy that we managed to leave such an impression and such a memorable stay to our guests.

It was a pleasure arranging for the guest birthday and I am really happy that we managed to make such a special day to remember for our guests.