“Fab Time!!!”

Ranked #120 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fab Time!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Before I start to write I would like to say I speak as I find! I will write this as a totally honest review.
1)The hotel itself ; Panorama Naama Heights isnt a 5 star hotel , I think for the price you pay its a good hotel.It is set out of the way a bit which isnt really a problem as a taxi is so cheap,it cost us £6 return to visit Old Sharm.You cant complain at that.People moaned about being over-run with Egyptians at the hotel....it was their holiday as well as ours and we had no problems generally.Meal times got a bit hectic but Brigitte was good and opened the restaurand half an hour early for the English.
2)Our room ;We got a ground floor pool facing room.We had no problems at all with the room.It was cleaned every day thoroughly and had some fab towel art.We liked the `body in the sheets` the best .made us laugh a lot.My hubbys clothes stuffed with towels and hidden under the sheet.The air con in the room was fab.Each room had a mini bar(at a cost) and a free digital safe.
3)The pool/aqua park ; Start with towels.the hotel provides towels for poolside/beach use.Ahmed(the towel guy) is an asset to the hotel,he not only gives you the towels,he takes them to sun loungers and puts towels out for you.He is such a friendly person and brilliant with kids!!The hotel has 2 pools a main one and the aqua park one.I did complain once about the cleanliness of the pool to Brigitte and she was straight on her phone to sort it out and did seem a bit cleaner the next day.The aqua park had 2 big slides which was plenty to keep my 9yr old amused for the duration of the holiday.
4)Food ; You get what you pay for,the food wasnt to the best to be honest but there was always something you could find to eat.If you wanted chips they would cook them for your without any hassle.A lot of people complained about the food quality but we always found something to eat.Again if you want 5* food...go pay the 5*price!!!
5)Drinks ; Are served in small plastic cups ,but you can request a larger cup.Also a lot of English brought plastic pint cups over and the bar staff did not have any problem with this at all.So dont forget your bigger glasses as you pack!
6)Entertainment ;The entertainment team wasnt too bad during our first week.During the second week Fabio turned up ,he is a super ,energetic bloke and was turning things around.organising different things and injecting more life into the team. oh and he also has my hubbys blue flossys lol, overall the team are very good and do keep you entertained on your holiday.
7) The beach ; there is a free shuttle to the beach which is next to the old market, the beach is ok but it is in a bay and there is nowhere to snorkle to see any fish, which sharm is famous for.

Overall we had a great time here and met some fantastic people. All the staff are all very friendly and would do anything to help you, Brigitte is always around is you have a problem and will do her best to sort it. Other reviews describe problems people have had but they wait till they have left to moan about it. If you have a problem talk to Brigitte she is very helpful and wants your stay to be a good one.
If you want 5* pay for 5*!!!!!

Thankyou for a great holiday, the best we have had............. our daughter chloe cried as we left as she had such an excellent time.

3 Thank Sheila T
Panoramassh, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
thank you for your honest review. The food is always a problem , i dont know what people expect to eat, but remember that you dont found the same food in Egypt like you found in England. if you like Mc donals , yes we have, but this is not food. And again, yes the Egyptian make a big life in the hotel, but this people are not used to go on holiday and by the way they have another culture as us. We are not used on it. special hygiene. Concerning animation, yes we still improve our team and try to to our best to entertain the guest. Thank you so much, and yes , if you have a problem please come to me, and i will help you in any way

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Having recently stayed in the Panorama Naama Heights hotel in Egypt with my partner, I felt I should write a review in MY opinion about MY individual experience.

I find it very difficult writing a review which expresses disappointment, we are not generally hard to please people and tried to find and look out for positives in our holiday, which I too will share the few within my review.

Firstly, I’ll start with the staff: The restaurant, bar, reception, taxi and housekeeping staff are brilliant, they all work so hard and are very kind, I commend them for their hard work especially in the blistering heat and they always greeted us with a smile and asked us how we were. An exception in this category is the management in the buffet restaurant who didn’t really seem to do an awful lot apart from stand next to tables full of dirty plates and watch the waiters clear them. Or they would stand next to a cleaner whilst he mopped the floor which I think is ridiculous and patronising to say the least. Having worked as a manager in a restaurant and as a waitress I feel that when there’s a full restaurant with people waiting for clean plates surely the management should help clear the tables of dirty plates, not just simply stand by and watch? Another issue which I saw on numerous occasions were acts of unprofessionalism where by the management would stand arguing with guests in the middle of busy restaurant regarding complaints being made to them about the food, surely this should have been taken somewhere quietly and dealt with in a professional way? I would also like to comment on the entertainment team who just didn’t know how to take “no thank you” for an answer, on two occasions I was called “lazy” by Adam, and that apparently all British people are lazy which I think is downright rude. I did point out to him that when at home in England I work very hard and I came on holiday to relax and so should be able to freely choose what I want to do, so just because I didn’t want to participate in aqua-aerobics or go to a late night party I was ridiculed for saying no. I understand it is their job to get people involved with the activities but they need to accept a “no thank you” answer and move on, not insult their guests.

Another issue is the general wear and tear of the amenities and the rooms. Our main bedroom was fine, it was cleaned really well by our lovely house keeper, however the bathroom standard was not great, I just felt it needed a bit of a revamp. The towels put in to our room everyday were clean, but they were very old and some had cotton fraying from the edges; the same could be said for the pool towels too, all in need of replacing. In the restaurant, I was lucky if I could find a cup and saucer without a chip in it. Also I see in a previous review dated 16th June the toaster in the mornings was an issue, well, when we went w/c 19th July the toaster still did not work; no matter how many times you put it through the bread stayed as bread and didn’t even feel warm! In the pool there were some chipped tiles and also the wires from the lights were not tied in.

The food in the hotel was ok, I could find something every time but I did end up for nearly the whole week avoiding the meat and fish some because of personal preference but also I did encounter a few pieces of uncooked fish which I did leave on my plate. One thing I did miss whilst in Egypt was fruit, I have seen previous comments on reviews stating that we British should not go to Egypt if we do not like the food, but I think it’s not really too much to ask for fruit in the restaurant as it was definitely being sold at Old Market so it does exist in Egypt! The exception was melon and oranges, but there was only so much of those fruits I could take, I ended up taking the few grapes and apple decorations that were on the desserts!

A further point I would like to share is that of the Egyptian families staying at the hotel. I know many people have commented on this subject and I would like to share MY experience. In the buffet restaurant I was shocked on numerous occasions as to how rude the Egyptian women were; I was knocked and pushed in front of on numerous occasions with no apologies. I understand that it’s their country and their culture but a little common courtesy would have been nice; when I am in England I don’t have the mindset that because it is the country in which I reside that I can push in front of or knock into a person of whom resides in another country, I am a kind person and have respect which I feel some of the Egyptian families lacked. I say some because we met other lovely Egyptian families who were kind and of whom we had lovely times in the pool with!

Whilst at Naama Heights we met some lovely people and in the evenings gathered around with our drinks to share our day’s endeavours which were really informative on occasions as to places to visit in Egypt. That said, I would recommend visiting some of the places we went to, such as Old Market, Naama Bay and El Fanar beach (fantastic for snorkelling); we also took a trip to Turin Island which was brilliant again for snorkelling and worth the money for a full day on a lovely boat seeing Egypt.

I know this isn’t a 5* hotel but still I think the issues I’ve raised should be rectified as it would be a really nice place to stay but as it stands, as I saw it, I would not recommend anyone to go there and I look forward to any future constructive comments from the hotel manager.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beesnikki
thank you for your review, but i give you my opinion to. first let me thank you for the nice comment for my staff. And yes it was not easy because it was true we have 80 % Arab people and they are different then us. and for us it is not easy to accept the way the eat, the way they come on holiday. The management is helping in any case even my i help in the restaurant to clean the tables because it was very very busy this time. about my entertainment, adam is one of the guys all guest likes him, i am surprised for what you mention about him. And they try do their job to entertain the guest. Yes we had a problems with the cups, but we solve it, we buy more and then the problem was finish. the toasters we fix it. concerning the wires in the pool, we fix it, the food i do my best to improve each day the buffet, and even if you dont like something you can always ask my chef to give you something you like. The fruit,, their is fruit, but 1 a time, because the fruit is very expensive that's why , and old market yes they sell it, but you go and ask how much, really you will pay a lot for it. Concerning the egyption guest, yes, it is not wrong what you wrote, and its true but not all fingers are the same, we have also rude people in our own country. but please i will say this again, people who dont like to be in this busy time, avoid egyption holidays. it was a pleasure to answer you, and i really mean it, the truth is that when we have the Egyptoin holidays , its better for foreigner people to avoid it, because we are a lot different in hygiene, and eating , ext....

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family and I were stayed 4 days in this resort at3-8-2011 in room NO 1225&1224 . the rooms were very clean the food was well done . all the workers there were very freindly esp. Mr. Hany , the bell man Amin Hosny and Ibrahim and Abanob in the resturant . The aqua park was interesting .Every thing was admirable .The only notice that there was no identification card of the type of food beside each kind of food .Lastly , it was a fantastic days the animation team was interesting

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Panoramassh, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for you review, and we are happy you enjoy your time with us. the food, every dy i try to change and listen to the guest to improve. but thanks again.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

i would just like to say our holiday to egypt and the panorama hotel was fantastic. the staff were brilliant especially (FADY). they bend over backwards to make sure you have every thing you want.our grandson was,nt feeling to good fady took his coke and food to the room for him. bridgette is such a sweet lovely lady i asked for an ironing board in the restuarant and before we got back to the room it was there. hassan and andrew made sure we could get the internet on our laptops. the hotel limousines run by diane and her hubby made sure we got (a to b ) safe and sound. sorry we couldn,t get to her cafe. we will definetly be returning. our view from 2258 was greatand the house keeper and his towels were brilliant elephants monkeys ect. totaly recommend this hotel just sorry we had to come back to england. ps the only drawback was i left my camcorder case in the room with my phone in when we left

Room Tip: always use the hotels limmos as you do get a bit of hassel off the blue and white taxis.and if you g...
2 Thank Joyce542
thank you so much for your review, i am very happy that their are still honest people. tell me whats happen with your case with the cam recorder. to see what i can do about it. But thank you again, and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we really hope to see you again

oldham manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

we travelled to PNH on 23 july for one week , after a late arrival because of flight delays we were told we had been moved from the ground floor room as requested to a first floor room ,even though i had told them in a previous email that i had walking difficulties and that the stairs would be a problem ,
ROOM : the room was clean and of an adequate size But even though we were 3 hours later than planned my sons bed was still not in the room, it was 11pm so he had had to wait until the bed had been brought to the room before he could go to sleep , in the evenings the room was dark because there was only one 25 watt bulb in the entire bedroom , trying to get ready with the curtains closed was hard work as you couldnt see what you were doing properly , i did tell the reception about this but nothing was done. The bathroom was also adequate but tired looking and in need of a facelift ,
FOOD :The food at the PNH was monotonous and bland and often undercooked/ overcooked , the pancakes were undercooked and when i asked for them to be cooked a little longer the chef scowled at me , the pasta was so overcooked it was just a mushy mess, the soup of the day was often used as a 'sauce' for the pasta , there was rarely any fresh fruit and i used to pick off the fruit garnish on the stale cakes , to try and get at least 1 of my 5 a day , the BBQ is hit and miss and when asked what the meat on the BBQ was the chef said ,'' its like a large mouse from the desert , tastes like chicken '' !!!! erm OK! on a lighter note if you like rice and vegetable ragu your laughing . Nearly all the crockery was chipped or cracked and in sparse supply , one lunch time my husband waited 40 minutes for a soup bowl and most mornings you had to wait at least 10/20 minutes for a bowl for cereal
POOL: the pool water wasnt cleaned the entire week we were there and there were children with nappies on in the pool , the area around the pool was cleaned occasionally but when there is a used condom left at the pool side for 3 days that's a pretty good indicator that its not been cleaned !!!
there is no staff watching the ' antics' of the patrons and children were allowed to jump off the bridge into the shallow water , an Egyptian toddler nearly drown the week I was there . You wouldnt dare leave your kids pool toys unattended because the local children would just take them as their own and your lucky if you get them back
the 'waterpark' has man holes that are only covered with a flimsy board or a badly constructed wooden frame that can just be picked up and moved, total danger hazard , not ideal when small children are playing , the water is only switched on for an hour or so a day but at least the water is cooler than the main pool
THE STAFF: the best part of the hotel are the hard working staff , they really try hard to make your stay happy , the room cleaners the dinning room waiters and the bar staff are fantastic and I cant fault them , its just a shame that they have to work in a hotel that is, at best, disappointing
P.S Have a trip into nabq to the 3 crowns, the best steak in egypt for aprox £10, english chef from Warrington
Hunny the limosine driver from reception will take you for 200LE return trip but be warned you will want to go back

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Panoramassh, General Manager at Panorama Naama Heights, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
thank you for your review. i know the comment you make was in the period the egyption holidays where on so it means we get a lot of local guest in our hotel, and i know it will create problems. we are upgrading the rooms, and bathrooms, concerning the food, the pasta station is their , and you can choose what you like to put, why you dint metion this when you where here. i could handle it this time, the soup be made every day fresh,!! their was fresh fruit, 1 item
every day, this as per season. on the barbeque, it is chicken, or miced meat it call kofta here, its a egyption recepy, the soup bowls, a lot broke at this time. but we buy more from them. the pool water be cleaned every day, and around the pool be cleaned all day long, the thing you mention was lying their for 3 days, please!! we watch to dont jump of the bridge, but the people dont want to listn. and even guest are rude to the staff. And yes their was a problem with a child that almost drown that week, because the parents dont care and left the children without taking care about them. and you need to take care about your stuff around the pool this time that other guest dint take it, even w eput securety, but this is attitude, and that we cant stop it. but thank you for the good comment about my staff, even they dindt like this period. so like i tell all my guest if you dont like busy timing avoid the period of Egyption holidays

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

12 of us went to the hotel on 22/7 for two weeks, this particular trip being hubby and i's 3rd time to sharm and his families 6th time. On arrival we were greeted by Hani who gave us plenty of info on the hotel, meal times etc etc pool times and the like.

We were taken to our rooms, we had 5 in total, all ground floor next to each other facing the pool. The rooms were clean and in good repair. During the stay one of the rooms had a few issues like a leaky loo but we told reception and they sorted the issues out pretty quickly and without hesitation. The rooms were cleaned everyday.

The food was ok, it was mostly the same thing each night, but what do you expect for an all inclusive buffet style restaurant? If you want al la carte dining, go to a hotel with an a la carte restaurant. You are not likely to go hungry unless you are really really fussy. The chef's are happy to cook you chips if you ask, we also asked for a couple of apples one lunchtime and the chef bought them out to us. If you don't ask you don't get! Don't be afraid to ask.The restaurant was opened half an hour earlier at lunchtime and dinner for the non Arab guests, it can get a bit hectic whilst the Arab guests are in there, but i think that is because us Brits love a good old queue! Opening half an hour earlier was a good idea though as it made dining nicer.

The main pool was nice, it got pretty hot by the afternoon but that cannot be helped when the air temps are 40 odd degrees. The slides in the aqua park are operated one hour on and one hour off, not one hour a day as previously advised in a review. This was also explained upon our arrival. I also don't know why someone has written that the pool water was not cleaned all week as each evening we saw a guy cleaning the pool and adding chemicals? The pool bar was good and in the shade so you can escape the sun, if you want a larger cup you only need to ask and they will give you one.

If you get sick use the pharmacy, one of our party got sick and the Dr was brilliant.

The animation in the evening could be better, every other day seemed to be oriental show and once a week they play the longest bingo game of your life! I don't know if the animation team are affiliated with the hotel so i think it would be unfair to mark the hotel down on this?

The staff at the hotel are fab, Khaled at the pool bar was brilliant at making sure you always had a drink nearby and the pool guy Ahmed brought our towels to our sunbeds. Make sure you bring lots to tip the staff with as they are worth their weight in gold.

If you have any problems speak to reception or Brigitte who will sort things out for you...if you don't tell people there is a problem they are unable to rectify it!

Had a fab holiday and i am very sad that i am back home!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank katesmith86
thank you for your honest review, concerning the variaty of the food, i will sit agian with the chef to see what we can change. thank you for the nice comment of my staff, and yes like you wrote, just mention it the same time and we will solve it, not when you go home, then it is to late to handle the problem. to open the restaurant half hour before, this was my only solution to avoid the crowdy time during lunch and dinner. i am really happy you appreciated it. and also i think it help because i know it was very busy during this time. I am happy you enjoy your stay with us. our animation team was this time under employed but we take care about it now. thank you again.
Northampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have travelled well in my life , including Sharm 4 times. Upon arrival i knew this was a mistake due to flies all over the floor by the windows and the poor exscuse for a reception. Most dissapointed that for a surposed 4 star rating that this hotel has only 1 food hall , considering that amount of guest its built for. I have done my home work regarding the rating that this hotel has got and found out that you can buy extra stars in Egypt , not earn them.like other countries. This was rated only a 3 star last year and should of stayed at that if not dropped down a star to 2. After 2 days in the hotel my 3 children were on drips in there room and a further 2 days after that i was in bed for 3 days. The doctors were in and out this hotel more than they are in Hospitals. When my MRS tried to phone in some food we were subject to racism by Andrew the receptionist due to an Egyption waiting also at the desk. I reported this but they don't share the same seriousness of this in there country as any where else would.The food was catered for the egyptions and not any other country , this is fine but i wish they wouldn't advertise this hotel for the british tourist as i is not diesigned for this.
I belive with alot of money spent and a big shake up of management and some staff this could earn possibly a four star rating but unfortunatley it is way off at the moment.

Room Tip: All outside the rooms stinks of sewers
2 Thank gary r
your title is chosen very well. so listen to it. and buying starts in Egypt??? look why you come to Egypt? You travel a lot to different kinds of country's so the food is not the same. And my food is good, it depends what you like. i dont serve Fast food! and we serve food for ever guest. but you are in Egypt so dont think that you have the same food like in England . At the end we cant please everyone, but we try to do our best. And that you have a problem with your stomach, it calls travel diarrhea, not food poising!!! You come to a hot country, drinking cold drinks, sitting whole day in the sun, eating different kind of food like in your country. Doctors coming more in and out then in Hospitals, please come on be reasonable.And that my staff dont care, please all my staff is taking care of any guest no matter what nationality. it depends what you aspect. So next time when you go on holiday stay in England, then you dont have all this problems.