“Diving”

$59.40*
and up
Ras Mohamed Red Sea Cruise and Snorkeling
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Well done to whoever made Ras Mohammed a National Park! I have been diving here for over 10 years and it is amazing that there is still so much unspoilt beauty. It is truly wonderful diving. It is great to see the coastline is empty and majestic with the desert sweeping down to the sea, instead of being cluttered by hotels.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,602)
All reviews
in 84 reviews
"scuba"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Amazing coral and sea life...one of the worlds best dive spots.grab ya self a proper underwater camera and you will not regret it

Didn't dislike anything at all!

1  Thank Declan S
Reviewed May 5, 2013

There was was more to see at our local beach - coral beach opposite Tiran Island.

We liked the day, the first two stops and the lunch was excellent, but the variety under the water was not as good as we had expected.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Beautifully clear water and baking sunshine,good food.Priceless moments from watching Dolphins play near the boat.Currents can be quite strong,and it can be frustrating,having so many snorkellers of varying ability in a big group,trying to avoid bumping into each other.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had a fantastic day snorkelling at Ras Mohamed with Pirates Dive Club in April 2013 (28 Euro which included national park fee and fin hire).

Looking at past reviews, I think the experience is largely dependent on who you go with. With Pirates Dive Club day tour I went out on a boat with divers (approximately 6) and I was the only snorkeler. This meant I had the reef pretty much to myself, except for the dive master who came snorkelling with me. Prior to snorkelling he had shown me the hand signals for the different types of fish and coral so that when we went in, his keen eyes were able to see all the different types and point them out to me using the hand signals.

We had 2 long snorkels (about 3/4 to 1 hour each). We would have had 3 shorter snorkels but there was one place we stopped that had too many boats and was less safe for snorkelers, especially given that I was a newbie and a bit nervous. The visibility was really clear and I saw lots and lots of colourful fish & coral. The dive master even dived down to wake up a blue spotted ray so that I would not miss out on seeing one.

Pirates Dive Club have all the equipment you need and the boat they use is very comfortable. The whole day was well organised, mini bus to marina, show passports with Visa, hop on the boat and about 1 hr latter you arrive at the reef at Ras Mohamed.

Lunch was also very good. Lots of variety in dishes (about 6-8 choices), and in the afternoon we even got chocolate cake. I would highly recommend Ras Mohamed for snorkelling, but more importantly, try to go there on a dive boat and experience snorkelling without the crowds of other snorkelers.