“A wonderful resort - that offered so much more than expected” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #6 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cambridge, GB
“A wonderful resort - that offered so much more than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

If you want a truely relaxing holiday The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is the place to go. The staff are very helpfull and anticipate your every need. The Royal Lounge is a lovely extra with delicious canapes, fruit etc available all day. Royal guests also have their own conceige to answer your every need. The hotel in general has a wide range of swimming pools to suit everyone, and a really good selection of restaurants. We were happily very surprised that the restaurants/bar in Soho Square are also included in the All Inclusive which I would highly recommend opting for. We were given lots of complimentary extras like free laundry, free massage, free trip on a glass bottomed boat trip, free Cuturama show and free trip to the bowling alley of ice skating. Soho Square is owned by the Savoy so you will not be bothered by hawkers etc. I feel the resort caters for all ages and types whether you are a couple, family or single. The hotel is very close to the airport but you are not affected by any flight disturbance, whereas hotels in central Sharm are.
I would highly recommend this hotel, whether you want a relaxing pool/beach holiday or like me wanted to combine a relaxing holiday with trips to Cairo and Luxor to see the sights.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank croisettegirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Aarhus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

We didn't know much about the lovely hotel when we booket it. We had only seen some pictures, and we must say even tough the pictures are really good, it is much better when you see it real life.

During the entire stay the service was top proffesional and the staff were so kind and friendly to us. Actually I don't think we have ever experienced anything like that ever. Five stars for the fantastic service.

The rooms in the villa were better than expected. It had room for everything so they were really huge! And they were so clean and well furnitured. Also the view over the red sea is worth mentioning. It really takes your breath away. What a view!!

We can say for sure, that we would love to go there again. Actually we've talked about making this a tradition every year. It is definitely worth to visit over and over again. If you want a perfect combination of relaxing, spa, beach and adventure then visit the Royal Savoy and the Soho Square!

The Royal Savoy must be experienced - words do not describe it well enough.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank ditteb
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

My wife and I have just returned from a 1 week break at the Royal Savoy, and we loved every minute of it. We were originally booked into the Savoy however on arrival we were not very happy with our room and were given the option by the Savoy manager (can not remember his name) after looking at ¾ other rooms to pay a supplement and upgrade and move to the Royal Savoy, we were given a tour of the Royal Savoy and absolutely loved the fact it was a smaller more bespoke hotel within a larger one and decided on paying the extra to move across.

Service/Hotel
Being seasoned travellers only ever staying at 5 star hotels, we were completely blown away by the individual service we received and the value for money this holiday was. All the staff knew our names and were so attentive. A special mention has to go to Barbara she was outstanding with the service she provided, she even arranged for flowers to be arranged for my wife as well as arranging our room for our anniversary, which included arranging a crocodile out of towels !!!!!! (I wish I had taken a picture to show you all)…

This was the first holiday we have taken on an All inclusive basis (S Class), and this was only because of the variety of restaurants we could eat in (I think its 11). By far our favourite one was the Indian followed very closely by the Italian and during our 1 week stay not once could we complain about the food..

Location
The Royal Savoy/Savoy are located very near to Soho square which in my opinion is better than Nama bay (no one hassling you to buy anything), you have all the shops and restaurants along with ice skating/bowling and a ice bar at your door step

Thanks to all the staff at the Royal Savoy and we hope to come back soon………

Mo & Bal Parmar

6 Thank Mohinder121
bradford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

First off, If your a seasoned traveller then you’ll say this is a 4* hotel not 5* compared to the 5* hotels ive stayed in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Qatar etc..
After our delayed arrival we were quickly and efficiently shown to our rooms, bathrooms look a little tired, poor finishing, bed room, roomy clean well presented, bed very comfortable, the air con in perfect order as it was 32 deg C @ midnight, balcony, very spacious decent furniture, spot on!
Hotel has decent foreign exchange in-house, either using the ATM or the bank on the 1st floor where you’ll get a far better rate then you get in the UK, so bring your Stirling with you!
We stayed on a B&B basis as we don’t drink and don’t like to be limited to where we eat, but be advised if you do go B&B and not all inclusive, the cost of a single vodka and coke will set you back nearly £10 a go and the cost of a small can of beer about £4 in the hotel as well as Soho Sq which is just an extension of the hotel complex, so make sure you use your duty free allowance on your flight in.
Dining in the many restaurants is something I was quite disappointed with, prices are EXCESSIVLY inflated for what are really average meals. Although the restaurants are made out to be something like a spectacular culinary experience, you’ll come back feeling disappointed, ripped off and in my case hungry.
If you dine out quite frequently as I do both in the UK and abroad then you’ll appreciate where I’m coming from once you’ve dined in the various restaurants. The menus are often limited, the portions small and although satisfactory or ok, you come away thinking you’d have paid half the price back in the UK. Having said that Cafe Chino, which is the only place to eat after midnight, excluding room service, situated in Soho Sq was very good value for money, the place is spotless, the food is fresh, well prepped, looked appetising and the service excellent, we’d usually end up there come 1-2am on our way back in from Naama Bay and a smile from Hassan always greeted us.
Oh while on the subject of Naama Bay, its your usual tourist drag of flashing lights etc.. the real shoppings to be had in the old market, which isn’t polished at all and the true Egypt. The prices are generally a minimum 1/3 cheaper and thats the starting price.
The Savoy Hotel is situated not 2 miles from the airport and for those catching a taxi ride should not take more than 10 minutes and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS pay by the meter. You don’t need to haggle at all, just tell the driver you’ll pay by meter and that you want a receipt. When we first asked for a price to Naama bay from the hotel the driver asked for 100 Egyptian Pound (LE), on telling him I wanted to pay by meter my trip in cost 35 LE and the (shorter) return leg is about 25 LE.
Only tip if you want to and don’t feel obliged or made to feel guilty because he has not been able to rip you off because you didn’t pay by meter!
If you get any hastle take the car number and either report him to the tourist police in Naama Bay or with security at the entrance to the Savoy Hotel and believe me they’ll take action if you feel you’ve not been treated right.
On our penultimate night our camera was left in the cab on the way out and we didn’t realise it was missing till gone 1am, I wasn’t going to give up on losing all the holiday pics so had a word with security at the gate and within an hour our camera was returned! Not bad when I just picked up a cab which was just passing by.
Back to the Savoy, the gardens and communal areas are beautifully kept, the various pools are fabulas, our favourite was the large top pool, fabulas design, fantastic pool bar and the staff very friendly especially Mahmood who looked after us very very well. If anyone in the hotel deserved a tip it was him, remember these boys are only on £25 a week (the cost of one meal per person in the hotels restaurants) so tip well. I gave him a tenner on the first day and a twenty an hour before we left, while at the pool we simply wanted for nothing!
Breakfast is average although there is plenty of choice, the restaurant staff seemed devoid of any personality, just functional and on the one occasion I wanted to take some grapes back to the room with me I was asked to leave the plate and handed a serviette. Never in my life had I ever experienced such an episode in a hotel!
And that sums up this hotel, one hotel vastly different levels of service.. some things are beautiful and lovely others disappointing and beyond belief, the service you get at the pool needs to radiate to other departments, the rest of the staff need to be less like robots, in the end its the personal touch that we all remember.
Would I go back... yes but do my best to avoid the robots!
Oh and the pool/sea view rooms are a must !!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank chimeara786
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

Wow, where do I start, spent a week at the Royal Savoy 18th/25th June and had a wonderful relaxing holiday. The staff (too many to mention) all did a wonderful job. I can’t understand how people can complain about this place? We were asked every day if everything was Ok. If you had a problem they were only too happy to sort it. Someone in an earlier review actually complained about the flowers…… I watered mine everyday (shock horror) and they were fine.

We stayed on B/B basis not S Class All Inclusive and this suited us fine, we had free drinks and snacks by the pool all day and canapés in the evening, we only had our evening meal to pay for and this worked out very reasonable. All the restaurants were very good. S Class has a lot of extras like Ice skating and bowling but it was not for us, all we wanted was a relaxing holiday. The two Royal Savoy pools are very private and quiet, we counted 8 people round the pools at the busiest time! You have no worries about getting a sunbed on a morning, Ali the pool guy is there at 7.30 every morning getting your bed ready, towels already laid out, umbrella up and as you are walking to your sunbed the pool bar guy is walking towards you with ice cold water, now doesn’t get better than that…..

We tipped the guys every day as the service was so good, we know of people who tipped at the end of their holiday but they had received exactly the same excellent service throughout their holiday as we did. Like "Marge" I also felt guilty for all the attention we were given, but hey, isnt that what holidays are all about!

This was our third time in Sharm but first in the Savoy, we were not disappointed and will definitely return. May I say thanks to all our pool buddies, we made some great friends, and thanks to Jackie and Ricky for giving us a laugh every day, it wasn’t quite the same after you left …..

If you want a relaxing holiday with excellent service, good food and plenty of sunshine, then this is the place to go. You will not be disappointed.

3 Thank Jay07hardcore
Conwy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from a 1 week vacation to the Royal Savoy. Well were shall i start. First i would like to thank Barbara and Mohamed for making our stay such a special one. From the moment we arrived it just kept getting better. All the staff were special, George was really special, he would take us in his little buggy to SOHO and even stop for us to hop on and deliver us to our room or even around to the Royal Pool. Our day would start by sitting on the terrace having breakfast, service was 10/10. We would then be greeted by Ali who would prepare our sun beds and even bring us ice cold face towel to cool us down, followed by fruit kebabs, Ali even polished our sun glasses. Ibrahim would greet us with a cooled ice bucket of water it was amazing, the best holiday we have ever had and fantastic value for money. One day we left our room safe open with our passports, bank cards and money in. The room boy immediatly contacted the hotel security who came to the pool to get us. How honest is that. All the restaurants in SOHO are brilliant Sahid the young girl who greeted us each visit made us feel so welcome and special. Hot Rock was brilliant and all the staff. Its not really fair to mention names as their are so many staff but all we can say is well done to all we had an amazing time we shall never forget and will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jackieandricky
Camberley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

My husband and I have only this week 20th June come back from the Royal Savoy. What an amazing holiday. What a shame the last review was so negative. We stayed in the block nearest the lounge on the ground floor. Everything was perfect. Barbara and Mohammad in reception were so attentive nothing was too much trouble. We had been recommended by 3 different people to the Royal and my husband and I will certainly be going back next year. We went to most of the restaurants and could not fault any. Our food at the Italian restaurant was superb as was the ambience, actually we ate there twice.

In the middle of the week I came down with the 'tummy bug' quite badly and Barbara allowed my husband to order room service from any restaurant to the room at no extra charge. When we went to Bombay Indian the next night, a waiter who I had never seen before as I had not even been into that building , asked if I was better, even the chef wanted to cook something different for me.

I am sorry I don't agreed at all with the comments made by Mitch, were you in the same Royal Savoy as us, because the beaches were half full, admittingly the private part was small, but I can assure you Mitch it does exist. Also it is made clear in the details that bottles of wine are not included , but you can have as much wine by the glass as you can drink - and we did!

All the guests we met as we arrived and during the holiday, only had praise for the service and accommodation. The only thing I felt hard to take was lying back and feeling guilty for the attention we were given.

We would absolutely recommend the Royal Savoy.

3 Thank MarjorieCampbell