Only a 5-day stay with my cousin but recharged my batteries like I was anywhere else for a fortnight!!
Firstly, they picked me up and dropped me off at the airport free of charge.
The hotel was a smidgeon below impeccable, the restaurants were great, the food very good and the service to a fault… My only criticism would be the breakfasts - they were not really to my liking but then again I hardly ever eat breakfast anyway!
One evening I was playing snooker in the games room and mentioned to a waiter nearby that there were a couple of balls missing - in mere minutes there was the Duty Manager, another waiter, the original waiter and another manager all in the games room asking me what was missing, taking notes, chatting etc.
The outside areas were fantastic - I particularly liked the zero-entry pool… this was in the "chill-out zone"… with the only sound heard being the relaxed tunes coming out of the squirrel and panda speakers placed innocuously on the manicured lawns…!
The other 2 pools were adjoining with an island bar next to one of the restaurants and a small waterfall separating the 2 pools.
It’s location was perfect - not too near or far from the airport - and bang on Soho Square - which, although we went out more in nearby Naama Bay, had its own charm and facilities…
The beach was perfect for diving and for just relaxing on, opposite Tiran Island the view was stunning...
Every evening they fumigate against mosquitos! Manually, around the whole resort… Brilliant!
All in all, a fantastic introduction to Egyptian hospitality and will return in September not only to Sharm-El-Sheikh, but to The friendly Royal Savoy in particular…!!!
Oh - before I forget - I do have one comment to make about the dress code for dinner in the restaurants - to eat inside men must wear long trousers and not shorts and this I don’t mind but women may what they like including shorts- just think there’s a double-standard there…!!!
THANK YOU AGAIN TO ALL THE STAFF AND SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Savoy is an exclusive club wing, complete with its own private lounge, terrace, pool, and beach area. Created for guests who prefer to stay in a more intimate and secluded location within the grounds of the Savoy. The Royal Savoy offers rooms of exceptional grace and comfort, all providing views over Tiran islands or the hotel's landscaped gardens. The rooms range in size from the generous standard rooms, to the famous luxury Suites. All rooms are welcoming and capacious, offering an exceptional combination of style and function. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh