We arrived half an hour early to be met with a warm welcome from Gamul as we literally got into the terminal building. He then led us to the front of a long immigration queue after which we were the first people at baggage reclaim and arrived at the Royal Savoy after a comfortable 5-10 minute drive- within 30minutes of touchdown!
The good vibe was confirmed with a warm welcome from Samuel at check in overlooking the pool area. We had a ground floor room with a verandah directly accessing the pool and gardens which was a lovely surprise. The room exceeded expectations with previous reviews suggesting a tired appearance, but we found the oppositel. The room was fresh, good sized and immaculately clean with four poster bed, fruit bowl and daily treats.
The main thing that impressed us the most and made the stay memorable was the very high level of professional and attentive service from all members of the Royal Savoy staff. The Royal Savoy lounge is open all day until 10pm. Breakfast on the terrace is lovely with eggs made to order by the ever cheerful Farag. You can go over to the main savoy if you fancy a larger hot selection which we tried once. There is also a continental breakfast available for late risers between 11-12 which is a very nice touch.
Soft drinks,wine, beer included until sunset at the lounge, royal savoy pool area and also the private beach area and then cocktails and bubbly at the lounge until 8pm- it really is amazing value and you are never left with an empty glass from the staff (special mention to Mohamed at the pool and Bishoy in the lounge)...Not to mention the all day selection of canapés and pastries available in the lounge!
There are 2 private pool areas (heated pools) for royal savoy guests with their own bar, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. There is a lovely private beach area with its own bar too, and you can walk out on a jetty and snorkel/ swim over the impressive coral reef with tons of fish to see! The gym is really well equipped with modern machines and is located within the spa.
Lots of restaurants in the hotel- seafood island is a must but is only open 2 evenings per week currently. Soho square is a 2 minute walk away and has lots of options too- all of which can be signed to your room with a 25% discount on food. There is a duty free in soho square but you can only buy stuff within 2 days of your arrival in Sharm- they check the passport stamp!
We were on bed and breakfast and can see no benefit of the S class unless you want to continually eat and binge drink for the entire holiday. Certainly with the Royal Savoy Lounge, S class is not worth the large extra cost.
We would definitely recommend the Royal Savoy for a short break in the sun with impeccable personal service. Well done to Samuel and his team - keep up the good work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Savoy is an exclusive club wing, complete with its own private lounge, terrace, pool, and beach area. Created for guests who prefer to stay in a more intimate and secluded location within the grounds of the Savoy. The Royal Savoy offers rooms of exceptional grace and comfort, all providing views over Tiran islands or the hotel's landscaped gardens. The rooms range in size from the generous standard rooms, to the famous luxury Suites. All rooms are welcoming and capacious, offering an exceptional combination of style and function. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh