“Wonderful hotel and staff”

The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #4 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just returned from a weeks break st the Royal Savoy ,if anyone has the need for some winter sun in the most beautiful surroundings with 5 star service and not too far away then this us the place to come.
All inclusive in Sharm can come very cheap but not at the Royal Savoy but value fir money you do get ,there is so much space and in nearly all aspects service is first class.
From thevmomentbyou arrive at the airport you feel special ,whisked through passport control and a cold drink within minutes of arriving at the hotel,the management staff explain everything.we were on S class all inclusive which does not entail any plastic bands !whatbit dies include is the choice if many restaurants and bars both within the hotel and in Soho Square,and includes nearly everything except things like Lobster or Waygu beef which is at a supplement ,all local wines and all the well known spirits and cocktails although the cocktails are not the best.
The highlight fir us was lunch st the Seafood restaurant overlooking the Red Sea ,fabulous sea bass and bream cooked to perfection with just a squeeze of lemon ,as good fish as you will find anywhere.
A special mention to the very famous Farag the egg chef at breakfast ,his smile and his joy of work is something to behold he made breakfast an enjoyable experience every morning ,nothing is too much trouble ,he is so proud just wants to please.
Also Anna and Tattiana on the front desk ,but in all honesty everyone was first class .
We would like to thank you all fir making thus late booked break so memorable ,we will be back I promise you,
Andrew and Karen

Room Tip: 4028 close to everything
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Andrew1361
Rabieva Nastasy... R, Royal Savoy Manager at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guests

Thank you for your review we are extremely pleased to know ,that you enjoyed your stay with us and be sure that your praise will be passed on to our team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon to Royal Savoy

Sunny regards

Rabieva Nastasya

Write a ReviewReviews (1,529)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have just come back from my stay at the Royal Savoy 4/2/13 for one week I was a single Male traveller and usually have my Estranged wife and 4 kids in tow . I had read the reviews posted by people previously the short version of my stay is that I stayed S class in room 4032 on the ground floor and have to say I was treated like a KING need I say more if your looking for luxury and great friendly not over the top service then stop reading this review and just go and book it now .
For those of you who like to read more then read on from the moment you walk through the arrival doors at the airport you are greeted by a lovely guy with your name held in front of him who greeted me with a smile and asked if I liked queues there was a big one I said not really and he just smiled and he took me straight to the front and through I went like some sort of royalty it was great .
The trip to the Hotel was by private car, once we got to Soho square we turned into this service road and to be honest It was a bit industrial looking (at this point I should tell you that the Royal Savoy is a hotel within a hotel and is for people who want to be away from the hum drum of a busy hotel but wanna be pampered) I arrived at the very low key reception and was warmly greeted by the front of house managment team I got taken through the lovely chill out lounge for R savoy guests only to the outside area I was sat down then quickly explained how it works here before I move on from this stage it has to be said that these reception guy's and girls were very friendly and got things done very efficiently even if I did use the buggy a bit to much he he I'll explain that later .
Once I was told how it works here I was taken to my room and wow what a great room it was It had a four poster bed with all the trimmings wasted on a single guy like me you know when your near the end of your holiday and you just wanna get to your own bed well it's the opposite here because they must buy the best and most comfortable beds there are it was great!!!
The next morning I went for Breakfast and was a little unsure about what to do but the egg chef came over to my table and told me what to do and that he would cook any type of eggs for me he was a very charming and friendly guy but me being adept in the kitchen would try and catch him out with different styles of eggs but he knew them all and he made the breakfast fun and I used to love putting pressure on him to cook me the perfect poached eggs and he did grrrrrr he he .
Once down at the Private beach or pool the royal guest have 3 pools to choose from 2 are heated you dont mess around with saving beds or towels as they come over to you and put a cushion on your sun lounger then a towel and then they make a great cushion for your head and bring the complimentary ice bucket with two bottles of water to put on Ice and thats where they put your Beer this was great as I was on S class it didn't take them long to aske if I wanted any more and it was Heineken there were loads of different cocktails and various other drinks available too .
Dining out was great there are over 20 restaurants between the hotel and Soho square and they are included in the S class deal they are all bar one of them waiter service which is good for me as I dont like queing for my food that has been hanging around for ages.
I could write loads more and it would all be very gushing but I think youv'e got the Idea it's brill and you shouldn't waste your time reading this and just go and book it you will fall in love with it like I have and Im definitely going back Ohh how could I forget Little Nina the most beautiful Thai lady her massages were to die for I had 3 and fell in love with her and last but not least the Buggy AKA the golf cart If you are feeling really lazy just walk into the Royal savoy reception and ask to be taken to your restaurant by the buggy and you arrive in style you can also get the restaurant to call for the buggy to take you back or even to the safari bar in the main hotel and then back from there as it beats staggering back he he enough said I think .

Thank you all the staff from the Royal savoy & savoy for making my stay great

Mr Walker Room 4032

Room Tip: When I go next time I will go for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Darren W

Dear Guests

Greeting from Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for your review about your recent holiday at Royal Savoy.We are glad, that our resort with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction and you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to your return visit to pamper you ones more with the great hospitality.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We just returned for a week in The Savoy hotel Sharm El Sheik.
The hotel is situated close to the airport and for us this was a plus as the transfer time from the airport to the resort is a 10 minute ride.
The facilities at the hotel were very good. There is a very good squash court and new tennis courts and there is a very nice wellness centre and gym if you enjoy keeping fit. Unlike a lot of hotels they dont push trips and excursions or packages at the wellness centre. The pool areas are lovely and there is a man made beach which has a small pool for children.
There are a number of restaurants at the hotel and there was plenty of choice and variety as a guest of the Savoy you are able to use the restaurants on Soho Square at a discount. There is a lovely Italian restaurant at the hotel. The food was wonderful and there was a young lady playing the violin and she was excellent. There is a lovely seafood restaurant and this overlooks the sea and is very romantic. If you like fish it is a great place to eat as it is fresh and cooked to perfection.
The hotel is located coveniently right by Soho Square which is owned by the same group. There are some nice restaurants and the fountains in the square are something to see in the night time. There is also some good entertainment. It does not have the same level of intensity as the store owners at Naama Bay and the The staff at the hotel were amazing. The young men and women are so warm and freindly and the levels of service were first class.
The standards of cleanliness at the hotel were also at the very highest levels.
It is a hotel that we would definatley visit again.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are probably thye best as the with rear garden facing rooms if there is entertain...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJGRIFFITHS

Dear Guests

Thank you for your great summary about your recent holiday at Royal Savoy Hotel .We are glad ha that our resort with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to your return visit to pamper you ones more with great hospitality.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've just returned from a short break at the Royal Savoy, and I only wish it could have been longer. I found my room to be excellent (room 4229, a standard room, was large and well equipped with a massive balcony and I would struggle to see why you might want more than this). Breakfast in the comfortable private lounge was excellent, with eggs cooked to order by the most charming chef. As many others have said, the standard of service is second to none. All the staff I met struck just the right balance between friendliness and professionalism, and Samuel in reception and Tamer by the pool in particular deserve special mention. Food in the restaurants is satisfactory, and very varied (I tried Egyptian, Italian and Chinese), and Soho Square, where most of the restaurants are located, is literally just across the road from the hotel. One small point, despite a well equipped minibar, and good selection of complementary tea and coffee in the room, there was no milk or creamer provided, but within a minute of ringing the magic 4000 reception number a carton was brought to me, for which I wasn't charged. I went for half board dine around, so drinks and snacks in the lounge and by the pool were included. All I paid for were drinks after 8pm. One drink plus a small bottle of water was about £7, so unless you're going to drink a lot the s class is probably not worth it. Finally, as a woman travelling alone, feeling safe in foreign climes is particularly important to me, and I felt extremely safe here, both around the large hotel site itself and in Soho Square. There's no "local" life to speak of, but for a relaxing break it fits the bill perfectly. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All Royal Savoy rooms overlook the pool and have side sea view. Floors are wood so I would imagine l...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
20  Thank JudithStHelens

Dear Guest

Greeting from Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh

Thank your for having a time to express your experience at Royal Savoy Hotel .We glad, that you enjoyed your holidays with us . We noticed your comments and will address to concern departments.Looking forward to welcome you soon to indulge you ones again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We read all the reviews and booked the s class all inclusive package. We had read a lot about the magical attention at the airport but we were not met until we walked outside with our bags. The return was a different story where we whisked through security and passport control to arrive most efficiently into the cigarette smoke filled departure lounge.

The hotel is pleasant and everyone working there tries very hard to please. I would say even at times a little too hard. The food varies throughout the establishment. The breakfast in the Royal area is poor. The same lukewarm offerings in silverr lidded terrines were a once try only. The best food by far was in the Japanese Teppanyaki. The Italian gets a pass mark but the fish restaurant by the beach is excellent. The service is first class throughout. From housekeeping and pool guys to managers. Fantastic in fact, if other business's were run in this same vein around the world it would be a better place for all.

One criticism is that in all bars and restaurants you ask for a glass of the South African house white wine which is perfectly drinkable it is rarely served chilled.

The room was ok if not a little tired. You know in need of some paint and new furniture. Don't let this put you off though as ours got a pass mark. The S class is the way to go at this hotel as everything is included apart from lobster, champagne and drinks over 10 years old. So if you can slum it without these you will be okay here.

Oh, one strange thing was the managers cocktail party in one of the big very tired villas built on an Egyptian theme. The wine was undrinkable, there was no interaction with the clients who sort of stand around wondering what they are doing there with this awful drink in their hand. People wander around the property and walk out. Other people we met who had gone said the same thing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Checkingoutroom101
Reviewed February 2, 2013

For the second time, a perfect holiday in the Royal Savoy. The hotel is lovely -comfortable rooms, quiet terrace for breakfast and snacks, good restaurants and lively Soho Square for a stroll in the evening after a workout and jacuzzi in the wonderful spa. But its the staff that make it special. Nothing is too much trouble. Samuel and his team in reception organised everything we wanted quickly and with a smile and a joke. When we got to the beach each morning Yahya had our favorite sun beds ready with towels and Samuel at the beach bar arrived with iced water. We had been disappointed to find that there were no mattresses for the beach sunbeds but when we queried this, Yahya arrived with a couple of mattresses and made sure we got them every day.

We were sorry to leave but Gamal made our departure at the airport as smooth as he could, impressing us by carrying our cases right through check-in and immigration, even completing our exit card.
A truly six star service which is second to none. We will be back.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lin C
Rabieva Nastasy... R, Royal Savoy Manager at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guests

We would like thank you for your feedback regarding your second stay at Royal Savoy Hotel. We are delighted, to read that you had another memorable, relaxing stay with us, and we are looking forward to welcome you soon to your next visit in order to indulge you ones again.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have just returned from a very relaxing holiday at the Royal Savoy. From the moment we arrived at the airport and were met and fast tracked through security, to the time we left, the service and attention we were given was excellent. The staff are all very courteous and eager to please - nothing was too much trouble. Our room was on the ground floor overlooking the pool and was spacious with a four poster bed. We were only on B&B but there were drinks and snacks available all day in the private lounge and at the Royal Savoy swimming pool bars and private beach bar, and every afternoon there were delicious cakes left in our room. Breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool was lovely with a chef cooking eggs to your liking. There was plenty of choice for evening meals at the hotel and at Soho Square.
A special mention must go to Mohammed at the beach bar who looked after us every day on the beach, making sure we were never without iced water, drinks or snacks, and Mohammed the life guard who was very patient showing us how to snorkel. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple